PDA

View Full Version : EZ OSD installation in a !900 SkyWalker

quickpix
5th August 2012, 05:36 PM
I have my Skywalker flight tested: now I am receiving parts one at a time from Ready Made RC.
My big question right now is, what is the best placement for the EzOSD?
The GPS unit is inside the main body of the OSD unit and covered with clear heatshrink.
The GPS should go on top of the plane, correct??
Does anyone have pictures of where the mounted the EzOSD and other components in their Skywalker? :cool:

Bill Greeley
19th September 2012, 01:47 PM
quickpix
I added an extension cable so I could mount it on the platform on the boom behind the pylon. The cables come with two plugs so you need to change one to a socket. Not a tough soldering job; just make sure the pins match up.

aaron_gx
19th September 2012, 01:59 PM
usually the ezosd comes with an extension cable for this purpose. You remove the short gps cable, and substitute with the supplied cable (i think its about 10" long).

quickpix
19th September 2012, 02:10 PM
Yes I figured that out.
I wish the GPS worked better????

novaq
19th September 2012, 05:19 PM
I would make an extension and put it somewhere on top, facing up. Maybe it also works well if it's just inside somewhere facing up, without metal/carbon between GPS and sky. If you use 1.2/1.3GHz then bring as much distance between VTX and GPS as possible, with an extension cable. If the extension is longer than 20cm then use shielded cable. Maybe this helps if you want to make an extension: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?8461-TBS-EZOSD-GPS-Lead

aaron_gx
19th September 2012, 09:09 PM
I just relocated my gps on my z2, and it does not lock a LOT faster, but it does lock a lot more solidly. The gps info seems a lot more accurate now that its in a quiet spot.