PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Eyes question

tasscorp
1st August 2012, 03:49 PM
Hi, hope someone can help me out with this. I'm having an issue with my Eagle Eyes station as I have two receivers connected (5.8Ghz) one with a SP omni antenna and the second with a 19 dbi patch. When diversity is selected, no matter the distance or aircraft position, it starts switching between both receivers, very fast eventough one signal is clearly stronger than the other one.

For example, being so close to the ground station where the omni antenna should be selected it starts beeping changing antenas and it stops not always on the best signal. This lasts about 30 secs.

I have tried in every sensitivity position and it always does de same.

Any ideas on what can be happening ?

Thanks

Marcelo

EAGLETREE
1st August 2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Marcello,

Do you have the RC305 receivers? If so, we are in the process of investigating what is going on with those (we have the equipment in house). We will have an update on this issue very soon.

tasscorp
1st August 2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you so much. I have opened a support ticket for this. I don't know if this may helpfull but today I was updating the EE with your beta version and notice that when the EE and the receivers are turned on, connected to a monitor with some volumen but NO TX transmitting, you can hear some static (ssssssssssssssss) on one of the Rx channels for example the one with the omni antenna, when you select the other RX, no sound, clear channel.

Will be waiting for you guys. Thanks

Leprchonflyer56
2nd March 2013, 02:21 AM
was their a fix?

CrashAffinity
2nd March 2013, 02:44 AM
there's been much talk about CP antennas not working on most diversity setups, false positives and the like.

EAGLETREE
5th March 2013, 05:23 PM
Hi, we have made a fix some time ago that addressed the rapid diversity switching with the RC305 receivers. Could you tell me the symptoms you are seeing?

Leprchonflyer56
6th March 2013, 01:14 AM
i am seeing the diversity switch between the av1 and av2 inputs fast at 1/2 a second intervals but doesnt switch when i have the menu up for the OSD pro. i have a lawmate R2400-std 2.4 and the foxtech rc 802 2.4 and also the potentiometer one has a lawmate has patch antenna and the foxtech has omni

EAGLETREE
6th March 2013, 03:37 PM
Hi, that is definitely the RC305 (or RC other) receiver issue. Please try the software link I sent you and let me know if further issues!