PDA

View Full Version : Skylark Tiny OSD II issues. No video. Fresh harness. VTX/Camera/harness working fine.

daign
22nd July 2012, 03:25 AM
Hello-

Need a bit of help here. I just installed my Skylark Tiny OSD II in place of my Eagletree stuff. Easy install and very straight forward.

I updated the firmware of the OSD to 2.7 (latest stable non beta) with success.

I put the current sensor in between the battery and the power distribution board. The quad gets full power and has no issues with the current sensor.

Everything is plugged in correctly as per the following diagram.
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/3/3/6/1/3/a4834296-206-Skylark%20Trace%20III%20OSD%20Diagram.jpg

I used jumper cables to create the harness and then shrinkwrap to make sure they stay connected to the females.

No video is being passed between the cameras and the VTX. However if I bypass the simple TinyOSD harness, video transmits immediately. I have tried multiple cameras as well.

Some pictures of my setup, I tried to lay it out as clean as possible without ripping the top plate off the quad.. The current sensor is inside the quad, soldered with wires to the power distribution and the battery cable/plug on the in side of the sensor.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4rnFQvD4Fv4/UAunAOvfXRI/AAAAAAAAOFU/sgxls1AtPi8/s912/IMG_20120722_000447.jpg

Micro Camera (also tried a seawolf pixim and a gopro 2, all work straight into the VTX harness)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-py874MTgVHI/UAunH_kKs6I/AAAAAAAAOFc/-iST6y-CtwM/s800/IMG_20120722_000342.jpg

TinyOSD Harness per diagram. All soldered, female jumpers connected snugly between the female futaba connectors.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-l8RF3aHtl10/UAum5PVo_cI/AAAAAAAAOFM/SDiD9AjIg_8/s800/IMG_20120722_000456.jpg

I have seen no smoke, no sign of OSD nor video from the unit. It does however connect to my PC using my USB cable. This is a video only setup for now. Audio will be used for telemetry for my incoming AAT.:cool:

Thanks for the help.

skylark
22nd July 2012, 04:02 AM
No Power, so no picture
The TIny OSD need a 5V power from your RC receiver

daign
22nd July 2012, 04:15 AM
No Power, so no picture
The TIny OSD need a 5V power from your RC receiver

I have plugged in my channel 6 red and black into the RSSI GND and 5V port, still no video.

skylark
22nd July 2012, 05:00 AM
Did the OSD or GPS LED light?
Please post a picture, thanks.

daign
22nd July 2012, 05:14 AM
His ubit
Did the OSD or GPS LED light?
Please post a picture, thanks.

No led on the osd on channel 6 of my optima 7. I will try another channel and maybe a bec tomorrow. The unitwas just installed for the first time tonight after upgrading the firmware and setting prefs...

Thanks

skylark
22nd July 2012, 05:30 AM
His ubit
No led on the osd on channel 6 of my optima 7. I will try another channel and maybe a bec tomorrow. The unitwas just installed for the first time tonight after upgrading the firmware and setting prefs...
Thanks
Just do a simple testing
Remove your GPS, then connect your OSD with PC by USB cable.
Check if the OSD LED light?

daign
22nd July 2012, 03:53 PM
Just do a simple testing
Remove your GPS, then connect your OSD with PC by USB cable.
Check if the OSD LED light?

LED lights solid REDjust fine connected to the PC for configuration. I have never seen it light connected to the quad. I will do furthing testing using a servo splitter off of an ESC after lunch and verify it is getting 5v and ground to the RSSI connectors.

I am not using my LSD setup so I have no RSSI output. Using an Aurora 9. I have a rangelink UHF system, this may be a good time to install it.

skylark
22nd July 2012, 11:23 PM
Pleaee check your wiring between OSD and RC receiver
Make sure the OSD get correct 5V and GND from your RC receiver

daign
22nd July 2012, 11:25 PM
Got everything up and running tonight. Thanks for the help. Love the simple installation and OSD compared to my previous setup...

Can't wait to get my AAT up and running.