PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Buy First FVP Equipment

HoosierGuy
17th July 2012, 05:41 PM
Hi all! First post on this website. I've been posting a lot on the R.C. groups boards.

Anyway, I have an FPV Raptor and in the next week or so I want to buy my first FPV video gear. I'm sort of a newbie to all this. I have the Raptor and a DX6i. My goal is to fly out 1,700 feet and then 5,000 feet. I hope my DX6i can handle at least 1,7oofeet.

So, I'm in the U.S. and I don't have a ham license. I will be flying out over cornfields and near a small town. I don't need the best or sharpest equipment. I'm not planning on using any "return to home" or stabilization software. I simply want to do very basic FPV and try it out.

I'm reading that some frequencies require a ham license. I might be willing to do that in the future but not now. Is there any good equipment that I can buy that will work with me using my DX6i and is legal to use in the U.S.?

I'm looking for recommendations. I will have some extra money in the next week or so and I want to make my first video equipment purchase then.

Thanks!

h0tr0d
17th July 2012, 08:39 PM
Hi, Welcome to the Lab!

Please read this thread!
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?116-FPV-PILOT-TRAINING-CENTER-YOUR-ROAD-TO-FPV-SUCCESS

BloomingtonFPV
18th July 2012, 10:32 PM
Where in Hoosierland? I'm down in Bloomington (Sentry's old stomping grounds).

HoosierGuy
18th July 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm from the Terre Haute area. On the outskirts. Nice to know there are people in Indiana doing FPV.

simplefly
20th July 2012, 04:02 PM
Try fatshark predator kit. I did that and was great set up for beginners.

paintz2007
20th July 2012, 07:17 PM
id check tim at readymaderc he has a few pnp fpv kits that are built from the diy stuff.

oh and ive been to terre haute. my g/f had an interview at the prison in greencastle, a google search later and i was off to a rc shop over there, turns out it was closed on the day i was there, burnt an hour of wait didn't realize i could have drove 5 minutes to illinois.. haha