PDA

View Full Version : EzUHF/Traxxas Summit issues

Rowdy
24th May 2012, 01:58 PM
So I am trying to hookup my ezuhf to my traxxas summit body and I can't get the throttle to work at all (Futaba 7c). There is one servo not hooked up it seems to be for the second steering servo except when I hook it up i get a fraction of the wheel travel that I normally have.

Do I need to jumper these two servo's onto the same channel?

Any Ideas on the no throttle portion? (the stock esc is constantly flashing green when it on)

I would really like to give this thing a go and this is what is holding me up so if you have any ideas let me know.

drhanke
24th May 2012, 04:36 PM
Iīve tried my Sherrer LRS with about the same problem. Throttle (ESC) and steering servos just doesnīt work, perhaps some problems with pwn pulse to servos and ESC. Iīm about to change both esc and servos as my servos anyhow break down all time. Traxxas quality arenīt what is was a couple of years ago.

Rowdy
24th May 2012, 06:08 PM
Before you change everything let me tell ya what I learned. You do indeed need to put both steering servo's on the same channel *channel 1 (there is a function that will allow you couple then together in imersionrc tools)* and the throttle should be channel 3 but you will need to teach the ESC the throttle throw before you get response.

Simply hold the on button down till it flashes red. After that it will flash red once, go to full throttle and hold till esc flashes red twice. After it flashes red twice go full reverse and hold. Tada it will work now.

CaliDave
24th May 2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, Y cable for the steering servos, you can put both locking hubs on the same switch since it's rare you need one and not the other locked just to use up a channel. Use ch3 for throttle and you're good to go. :-)

I've had my Scherrer v4 receiver out 1 mile exactly on the ground with my Tonka Summit. Haven't posted the vid yet, but it can be done.

RcLab1
10th July 2012, 07:03 PM
I've posted this on the ImmersionRC thread also....
I just acquired a Brand new EzUHF tx /and diversity rx.

Should I use this for Ground use (Summit) or use 72mhz instead for RC control?

Ch.1 Steering using Y-cable
Ch.2 Throttle
ch.3 tilt camera
ch.4 panning camera
ch. 5 locking diffs

Why did you guys use ch.3 as throttle on the Summit? (thats for airplanes).

I'm using the "elevator" ch.2 (mode 2) "right stick" as fwd/reverse on Summit as throttle.
Isn't this norm?

RDH
20th August 2012, 08:55 AM
Plug your ezuhf rx into your computer, use rctools to make channel 4 slave to channel 1. You wont need to y anything. I just finished setting up my 10c with ezuhf on my summit yesterday, works great.. i use the right stick for throttle and left for steering,, also lockers come on at once and automatically change it to low gear.. Pretty sweet..

chbla
30th September 2012, 08:48 AM
what kind of ranges do you get with your summit on ezuhf?

I want to do the same, ideally it would be fully waterproof :) (including some kind of camera case