PDA

View Full Version : How does shipping cost work with back order products?

lunatunes
5th May 2012, 08:06 PM
From what I understand, if I have 10 items and 6 are available(in stock) and 4 of them
are back ordered, I have the option of putting everything in one order. At which point
the order would not go out until all 4 back order items were in stock so that they could
send the entire order complete.

If I want to get the 6 items that are in stock right away, then I should put all 6 in a separate order.

RMRC say I should then put the back ordered items in a different order.

Now here's the tricky part :confused:
Does that mean, put all 4 items in one order....... or does that mean to put each item
in a separate order so in other words you would have 4 separate orders.

The later makes sense to me because if you put them all in one order then once again
you would have to wait for all 4 to get back in stock before they could ship it out.

So if someone knows the answer to this: Should I put all 4 back ordered items in the
same order or put each one in a separate order?

Annnnd......wouldn't the shipping cost be lower if I just put all 10 item in the same
order and just wait for the order to be complete so that I am only getting charged once
for shipping. Unless of course they do not charge you again for shipping on those
back ordered items.

If someone could clear this up that would be Great!!

Thanks,
Randy

rxhenn
5th May 2012, 08:26 PM
I've ordered with readymade and each order will have its own shipping charge. So for the 4 out of stock items, if you want to get each item as soon as it comes in stock, then you'd make 4 individual orders and you'll pay a shipping fee for each order. If you want to wait until all 4 items come in stock before it ships then put all 4 items in one order and pay 1 shipping fee. Or if you only want to pay shipping one time then put all 10 items, both in stock and out of stock items, in one order and you'll be waiting until everything is in stock before it ships.

lunatunes
5th May 2012, 08:51 PM
Or if you only want to pay shipping one time then put all 10 items, both in stock and out of stock items, in one order and you'll be waiting until everything is in stock before it ships.

This is probably the method that will save the most on shipping charges....correct??

Randy

rxhenn
5th May 2012, 09:06 PM
Yes that would be the cheapest because only one shipping cost

lunatunes
5th May 2012, 09:12 PM
Yes that would be the cheapest because only one shipping cost

Wanted to make sure as I have order things in the past (non RC related) where if they didn't have it
in stock they would not charge you for shipping if it was part of a bigger order.

lunatunes
5th May 2012, 09:14 PM
Never ordered from RMRC before.

Is it usually a week or two before things come in or are we talking a month
or more possible. Maybe I should just order them piece mill to be safe.

This way if something is just not coming in I could cancel that item and get it
somewhere else.

rxhenn
5th May 2012, 09:45 PM
It depends on what's out of stock and how fast Tim can get the item. I've got an order that's been about three weeks in process because there were a whole bunch of items that were out of stock but it's now down to one item out of stock so maybe in the next week or so it'll be ready to ship. On the readymaderc website there's a support ticket system that you can send a request to Tim and he'll be able to tell you better on when he can get those items in stock

goldsworthy
5th May 2012, 11:09 PM
It depends on what's out of stock and how fast Tim can get the item. I've got an order that's been about three weeks in process because there were a whole bunch of items that were out of stock but it's now down to one item out of stock so maybe in the next week or so it'll be ready to ship. On the readymaderc website there's a support ticket system that you can send a request to Tim and he'll be able to tell you better on when he can get those items in stock BOY are you Lucky! none of the stuff I ordered last month has come back in stock. Well, at least I can watch videos on UTUBE of others out enjoying flying with this cool expencive stuff while I sit here with my thumb up my a** waiting. I prepaid as well hoping it would reserve the parts for me but they come no faster. I chose RMRC because of their good after the sale service and quality parts. I didnt think to check on the before you buy service.