PDA

View Full Version : ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW Xmitter w/fatsharks SUPPORT

Kamikaze Pilot
24th April 2012, 09:53 PM
Just got my first FPV starter pkg. Fatshark Avaitors w/ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW A/V Tx.:D

In the Fatshark manual the 2nd step is to choose the best channel. Then it says set the transmitter to the same channel.:)

WTF? First, I have no picture showing the DIP switches for the unit I have. Second, when I locate DIP switches on the lower side of the unit there are five switches, not three as pictured in the Fatshark manual and they are covered with tape.:confused:

Are these switches to be used for setting the channel? If so, then what are the channel orders? If not, then how do I set the channel to match the Fatsharks.:mad:

Also, whats the third connector next to the DIP switches for?

Kamikaze Pilot
26th April 2012, 05:55 PM
Currently working with Dave (ReadyMade) on figuring this out...

Airborne
26th April 2012, 07:56 PM
Isn't it right next to the antenna?

http://www.fatshark.com/pages/rcv922ae/RCV922AE-manual.pdf

Or if you meant the transmitter setting, the channel instructions should be on the package the transmitter was shipped in. The 4th switch does nothing, and the 5th switch (left of 1) is not a switch at all, just a mark to show you which way is "on"

Switch 1 2 3
CH1 on on on
CH2 off on on
CH3 on off on
CH4 off off on
CH5 on on off
CH6 off on off
CH7 on off off

Kamikaze Pilot
26th April 2012, 08:40 PM
YES! thats it.

Problem is, I've tried all seven channels and I still can't get a picture.

I've ohm checked the wiring and checked the pins- everything seems to be good.

I connected the RCA straight from the TV to the goggles and got a good picture.

I beleive the goggles are good and now I'm trying to figure if I've got a bad camera or transmitter.

How can I troubleshoot them?

Airborne
26th April 2012, 08:51 PM
Check the mode switch on the bottom of the glasses, next to the A/V jack. You have to flip this to switch between "tuner" and "AV in" modes. If the goggles aren't set to 'tuner' mode, you would see a black screen no matter what channel you pick.

Kamikaze Pilot
26th April 2012, 09:03 PM
Four position switch- OFF/AV OUT/NORM/AV IN

I've been using the NORM position a.k.a. wireless.

Right?

MileHunter
26th April 2012, 09:21 PM
Question - What voltage are you feeding your camera? I know the output of the transmitter is 5V, but most cameras take 12V. This is a good feature discussed elsewhere, just asking since you didn't specify.

Airborne
26th April 2012, 09:27 PM
That's right as long as you're getting static with the transmitter off.

Set VTX to channel 1 (all switches on) and power it up at least 30 feet away from the goggles.

Flip through channels on goggles.

If you see static on all 7 receiver channels, check video transmitter connections and antennas on both devices.

If you see static on 6 channels and black screen on 1, transmitter is running but has no camera feed, check lens cap and camera wiring. Disconnect VTX power and that channel should also turn to static.

If you see a black screen on all channels, try again with VTX unpowered. If you still don't see static, check 4 position switch again. You should get static when the tuner is active.

vangvace
26th April 2012, 10:40 PM
This thread will hopefully save me some grief when my system arrives this weekend.

Kamikaze Pilot
26th April 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm running the camera with the provided cables which (as you stated) is coming off the 5V.

"Airborne" I'll try that next. Thanks

Kamikaze Pilot
26th April 2012, 11:17 PM
Ok, Nothing but static with transmitter off.

With transmitter set to channel 1, I get six channels of static and one gray (black) screen. Turn off Xmitter and its back to static.

So, that tells me that I'm receiving from the Xmitter but no image. Either wiring, voltage or camera.

Make sense?

I did an ohm check of the cable earlier and it checked good.
The wiring looks like this:
5V out(VTX) to DC (on camera)
Gnd " " to Gnd" "
VID " " to Video" "
AUDL " " to Audio" "

Looks right to me...
I'm thinking I just got a bad camera. What do you think?

MASHTON1138
26th April 2012, 11:38 PM
What camera do you have? We need to know the exact model you have, I haven't seen it anywhere in your posts.

What ever channel you are getting black screen on is the one you are transmitting and receiving on. So now you have that figured out.

Kamikaze Pilot
27th April 2012, 12:14 AM
RMRC-600XVN Digital Color CCD NTSC
It says on the back DC 5-15V

MileHunter
27th April 2012, 12:44 AM
Ok, then 12 volts will work, 5 is borderline and probably won't work. I had the same thing happen to my video trying to run it near the low volts rating.

ssassen
27th April 2012, 04:28 AM
Are you running a 2.4GHz set of goggles with a 5.8GHz transmitter? That obviously won't work, they're on different frequency bands. Can you list, by linking to their product page on RreadyMadeRC, exactly what you bought?

Kamikaze Pilot
27th April 2012, 07:23 PM
With transmitter on I get 6 static and 1 black. When I turn the transmitter off the 1 black turns to static.

I checked the wiring, lens cap and verified 5V out. Either 5V is not enough or I got a bad camera.

Waiting for ReadyMade to tell me what to do.

Kamikaze Pilot
27th April 2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=781

Kamikaze Pilot
5th May 2012, 07:13 PM
Got the solution.
The molex connector was not properly secured to the board.

Mile_High
17th June 2012, 04:16 AM
Got the solution.

Hi KP,

I'm starting to think I may be having the same issue... Is there any way to verify (visually, etc) the problem?

ssassen
17th June 2012, 05:34 AM
Hi KP,

I'm starting to think I may be having the same issue... Is there any way to verify (visually, etc) the problem?

No, you don't, you are loading the 5V output with more than it was specified for, of course that doesn't work.

pavel4n
17th July 2012, 04:44 PM
I just have the same issue. Looks like I get one channel of grey screen and and six channels of static.

If I turn off the IRC VTX, then all channels are static.

What could be wrong?

I ohm checked the cable and it seems good. I tested the camera with other equipment and is working. It is 600TVL Sony Super HAD (http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu-2.8mm-lens.html) .
I use 3S battery to power both IRC VTX and camera. And camera is connected to IRC VTX VID to VID, GND to GND. 12 V from 3S battery to both IRC VTS and camera.

pavel4n
17th July 2012, 04:49 PM
Molex connector where?

In ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW Xmitter? Did you solder it?

Could you send a picture? And clarify?

Got the solution.

Kamikaze Pilot
17th July 2012, 06:53 PM
Sorry guys, I've tried uploading pics here and it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyhow... on the transmitter, push the black connector containing the 5Vout, Gnd,Vid, AudL and AudR all the way to the bend in the wires that connect to the board.

Hope that makes sense to you.

pavel4n
17th July 2012, 07:01 PM
Could you send me pics to my email, please. pavel4n[at]gmail[dot]com ?

Sorry guys, I've tried uploading pics here and it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyhow... on the transmitter, push the black connector containing the 5Vout, Gnd,Vid, AudL and AudR all the way to the bend in the wires that connect to the board.

pavel4n
18th July 2012, 02:52 AM
You mean the connector was not inserted correctly into ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz 600 mW transmitter?

pavel4n
18th July 2012, 02:54 AM
I can not get ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW to work with my FatShark Predator and 600TVL Sony Super HAD (http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu-2.8mm-lens.html) camera.

What I just get when IRC VTX is powered is gray screen on one channel and static on other channels.

I ohm checked the wires and all seems to be good.

The connections are:
GND from IRC VTX - GND camera - GND 3s battery
VID from IRC VTX - camera VID
+ 12 V from IRC VTX - + 12 V 3s battery - camera +12V
I do not use + 5 V from IRC VTX at all.
I do not use AUDL or AUDR from IRC VTX at all.

I tested camera with other video equipment and it works perfectly there. But not with ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW.

Could you give me some steps what to do what to test.

Could it be that ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW is not working as it should?

pavel4n
18th July 2012, 12:08 PM
I resolved it by simply creating new wires without use of shielded wires. Originally I tried to use shielded wires, but somehow it did not work. I do not know what was wrong. Maybe other cammera connector or something there did not work. I can try to use shielded wires in the future if there will be som interference.

I can not get ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW to work with my FatShark Predator and 600TVL Sony Super HAD (http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu-2.8mm-lens.html) camera.

What I just get when IRC VTX is powered is gray screen on one channel and static on other channels.

The connections are:

I tested camera with other video equipment and it works perfectly there. But not with ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW.

wache
1st August 2012, 02:36 AM
hi mates i hawe a problem i hawe fatshark rcv922ae base adition googles http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15124__FatShark_2_4Ghz_Telemetry_System_Incl_Tx_ Rx_.html but my remote control to 2.4 ghz aurora9 and hawe problem after i chance my transmitter i buy immersionrc 5,8 ghs 600mw http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=522 but i check all chanel and version thi sis not working yours can help me please ?

wache
1st August 2012, 05:18 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/WACHE/c2f007b8.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/WACHE/fcd3737f.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/WACHE/f55f42d5.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/WACHE/d9d80a95.jpg

amorealex
1st August 2012, 06:26 AM
The transmitter is on 5.8 GHz and the receiver is on 2.4 GHz.
How is possible working?
Simple!

McCleary.11
1st August 2012, 06:25 PM
Alex is correct, you need to either buy a separete 5.8 rx and hook it up to the video-in on your goggles or buy a 2.4 transmitter to work with the built-in 2.4rx in your goggles.

Is the stock FatShark 100mw Tx working correctly?

pavel4n
5th August 2012, 07:24 AM
I use ImmersionRC 600 mW 5.8 GHz, FatShark Predator, Skew-Planar wheel antenna for receiver on FatSharks and Clover Leaf antenna on my airplane.

Is there a way how to improve reliability of video?

I flew above the trees and it was not good for few seconds. But looked to me there the most probably was direct visibility, maybe except of my head in between.

killab
8th August 2012, 12:36 PM
Mines pretty solid on that exact setup. Furthest I got before a glitch was 2100 feet at maybe 300 ft height. So it could be where your antennas ate mounted. Also your head will always block signal.

pavel4n
8th August 2012, 05:19 PM
I use pan and tilt so maybe that could be issue. I also was turned opposite way. I had eairplane behind me. But from right were big trees. From left some farm with buildings and I was standing at small hill.

Crowstooth
1st December 2012, 07:09 AM

The connections are:

If the other video equipment you refer to is the other 5.8 Tx (ends in 5 rather than ImmersionRC which ends in 0, then you need to reverse the power leads. I have both types and this was the problem. Positive on the other type is negative on ImmersionRC.

Bluebird1500
1st January 2013, 09:45 AM
Hi guys, at this moment, what is the best antenna to use with an ImmerrsionRC 5.8GHz 600mW on Ground Station to a medium FPV range ? Maybe i will use the ImmersionRc Diversity 5,8 Vrx v2

Now Im using a cloverleaf antenna for vtx and Helical antenna for Fatshark 5.8GHz Vrx, but i have a lot of interference ...

JoeBlues
11th January 2013, 12:59 AM
Diversity Vrx may improve reception to a degree using a helical and skew planar antenna, but if it doesn't it could just be your environment- noise floor and even the weather. Factors such as humidity can have an impact on 5.8Ghz.

Bluebird1500
13th January 2013, 11:32 AM
Diversity Vrx may improve reception to a degree using a helical and skew planar antenna, but if it doesn't it could just be your environment- noise floor and even the weather. Factors such as humidity can have an impact on 5.8Ghz.

Thanks JoeBlues, ill try but now im waiting for IRC Diversity Duo v3

DesJardins
13th January 2013, 11:55 AM
There are areas I fly where I get great clarity and some areas I struggle to get a 1/2 mile on the goggles module.
Lots of things change the clarity/quality of the video

fun2av8rc
18th December 2013, 11:37 AM
I have the 5.8ghz tx with the 5vdc camera. I accidentally plugged the camera into a 12vdc system and it got red hot. Needless to say - it's toast. I have a number of RMRC cameras that are 12vdc and work nice. The 3rd picture in Post #29 is the back side of the Tx. What is the port that is in the lower left hand corner of the transmitter? Just for fun, what is the similar port on the Rx. I am hoping its a video out port and really hoping that the pinning from right: Yellow (Vid Out); Red (dc out); White (Gnd) Black (?)(Audio Left) Grey (?)(Audio Right). ?=I'm guessing the colors.

If the pinning above is wrong - which pins are Video out and Ground? If there is a 12vdc Out pin, that would be a plus (assuming 3s is powering the Tx). I don't use audio - so those pins don't matter.

The RMRC mini 4-pin and 3-pin connectors fit perfectly.