PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a FPV drone..

Chemdawgds
29th July 2016, 07:14 AM
Hello everyone. I am not new to drones or flying in general, but I am new to the FPV scene. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 and a DJI inspire 1. I am currently looking into buying something for speed, and to try out the whole FPV thing. I have two options I've been looking at.

1: Walkera F210

2: Arris Xspeed 280

I have read reviews on both, and have looked at all the specs. What I want to know is what the members here think of either, and if you were to buy one which one would you choose, and why?

This will greatly help my decision. BTW, I have a pair of Fatshark Dominator V3's. I plan on flying LOS for a while till I am brave enough to try the goggles. Space to fly is NOT an issue as well.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

squishy
29th July 2016, 06:58 PM
What is a "drone" to you?

CongoSavanne
29th July 2016, 07:41 PM
Hello everyone. I am not new to drones or flying in general, but I am new to the FPV scene. I currently own a DJI Phantom 3 and a DJI inspire 1. I am currently looking into buying something for speed, and to try out the whole FPV thing. I have two options I've been looking at.

I have read reviews on both, and have looked at all the specs. What I want to know is what the members here think of either, and if you were to buy one which one would you choose, and why?

This will greatly help my decision. BTW, I have a pair of Fatshark Dominator V3's. I plan on flying LOS for a while till I am brave enough to try the goggles. Space to fly is NOT an issue as well.

Thanks in advance.

Pat
Never tried either of those companies, I think I might go with the Arris (based on looks only).
Also, depending on the model of phantom, you can get a HDMI port for the back and it should hook up to your goggles just fine.
Won't be speedy like the little ones but you still get to enjoy the FPV.

Chemdawgds
29th July 2016, 07:43 PM
I have a habit of calling quads drones..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kreskin
30th July 2016, 12:21 AM
You already have a couple of quads. With the flying space you have I would get a plane if you want to cover some ground fpv style.

Channel 1
30th July 2016, 05:47 AM
What is a "drone" to you?

I have been advised by an x-pert drones are always quads.

Wayne

CongoSavanne
31st July 2016, 10:34 AM
I have been advised by an x-pert drones are always quads.

Wayne
So what's the hierarchy here...
Toy < Drone < Flying Lawn Mower < "You better have a license for that" < Wedding Crasher.

Channel 1
31st July 2016, 12:52 PM
So what's the hierarchy here...Toy < Drone < Flying Lawn Mower < "You better have a license for that" < Wedding Crasher.

$110k to off a handful of Jihadists.

Wayne

CongoSavanne
31st July 2016, 03:38 PM
$110k to off a handful of Jihadists.

Wayne
While they kill 84 and injure 308 with a truck driven down a road.

Channel 1
31st July 2016, 03:45 PM
While they kill 84 and injure 308 with a truck driven down a road.

And they probably stole the truck.

Wayne

squishy
8th August 2016, 05:48 PM
So what's the hierarchy here...
Toy < Drone < Flying Lawn Mower < "You better have a license for that" < Wedding Crasher.

Actually we just speak English...A drone is any craft, be it in the air, sea or ground that is remotely operated or guided by automatic means....So when I ask "what is your definition of a drone" I am simply trying to find out WTF you are talking about, the word drone can mean a lot of things...

CongoSavanne
8th August 2016, 08:56 PM

Thanks in advance.

Pat
Come back and let us know, I would like to know what you think of whatever you wind up getting.

Chemdawgds
8th August 2016, 09:15 PM
Well. I actually went a different direction. I went with an immersionrc vortex 250 pro.

CongoSavanne
8th August 2016, 10:09 PM
Well. I actually went a different direction. I went with an immersionrc vortex 250 pro.

From what I've heard you're going to like that =) I have the older 280 and it rips, I hear the little 250 is even faster and stronger.