PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a new Era in FPV with Connex ProSight

CONNEX
10th May 2016, 02:28 AM
CONNEX™ ProSight is the missing link needed to usher in a new era in FPV racing. Plagued by analog systems’
poor image quality, and connectivity issues in multi-pilot scenarios, the sport needs a breakthrough to take it to
the next level. CONNEX ProSight is just that, transforming FPV drones into a completely new kind of immersive
experience for beginners and experts alike.

The Connex ProSight HD Vision Pack is a true game changer. It delivers unparalleled vision performance
with delay-free wireless transmission. Its superior image quality combined with ease of installation,
smooth configuration and improved multi-pilot flying experience for unmatched usability.

The CONNEX ProSight is the new standard in FPV Racing, an all-digital, delay-free, HD video solution.
It is designed based on CONNEX’s unique and proven technology – used by professional drone users
as well as the Hollywood movie industry.

The CONNEX ProSight HD Vision Kit is the bringing the future to FPV with:
Delay-Free FPV HD Camera
The CONNEX ProSight HD camera is optimized for
both indoor & outdoor flights, featuring advanced
High-Dynamic-Range sensor, allowing 720P
delay-free crystal clear video
Delay-Free HD Transmitter
The CONNEX ProSight transmitter supports delay-free
uncompressed all-digital HD transmission.
Optimized for multi-pilot FPV Racing, providing fully
immersive flight experience
Robust Digital HD Receiver
The CONNEX ProSight ground receiver unit provides a robust
digital link over the 5GHz band. Its HDMI interface, compatible
with all popular HDMI goggles & screens in the market.

Key Features:

720p30 HD Camera, with high-Dynamic Range sensor, and 2.8mm lens
Receiver Unit outputs standard 720p60 over HDMI for reducing motion blur;
Compatible with all popular HDMI based Goggles/monitor
Digitally paired transmitter to receiver for crosstalk free flight
Supported LOS range of 1000ft to 3000ft (300m to 1000m) varies with field conditions
Advanced Frequency setup for multi-pilots: Automatic & manual modes, supporting 27 digital channels (FCC)
System configuration via Bluetooth using Android/iOS app or through built-in OSD menu
Advanced High-Definition spectator viewing mode
Camera to HDMI receiver-out maximum latency of 26mS

Receiver
Transmitter
Camera

Dimensions
75x115x17 mm
70 x 36.5X7.2 mm
28x20x27 mm

Weight
134 gr
32 gr
13 gr

Input Voltage
8v-26v, (Supports 2S to 6S)
8v-17v (Supports 2S to 4S)
5V from Transmitter

Power connector
DC Jack
4 Pins
MIPI connector

Power Consumption
3.5W
4.1W
1W

Antennas Connector
5 SMA R/P connectors
2 external MMCX connectors
NA

Video Interface
HDMI (Type A)
MIPI
MIPI

SW Upgrade
Micro USB
Micro USB
Through transmitter

Product Configuration
Mobile App over Bluetooth
Mobile App over Bluetooth
Mobile App over Bluetooth Through transmitter

CONNEX
10th May 2016, 02:49 AM
Q: How many channels does Prosight support?
A: Prosight has an advanced frequency setup for multi-pilots, with both automatic and manual modes, supporting up to 27 digital channels (FCC).

Q: What is the range of a Prosight link?
A: At line-of-sight conditions, the practical link range is between 300 to 1000 meters / 1000 to 3000 feet.
The link range depends on the flight scenario and may vary according to extreme flight maneuvers

Q: What is the Prosight camera resolution?
What is the Prosight receiver output resolution?
A: The Prosight camera has a 720p30 sensor (1280x720 pixel, 30 fps) with High Dynamic Range (HDR), suitable for daylight and nighttime flights.
The Prosight HDMI receiver output is 720p60 (1280x720, 60 fps), supporting standard HDMI screens and goggles.
Prosight was validated to work with: any computer screen, Glyph, Fatshark v3 and HD V2
Quantum, Headplay, Atomos, Swit, Feelworld.

Q: What is the Prosight video delay from camera sensor to the receiver HDMI output?
A: The Prosight HD video link has latency of less than 26 milliseconds

Q: Will the Prosight transmitter work with CONNEX or CONNEX mini receiver?
A: No. These are two separate systems that do not interact.

Q: Can I use my own camera with Prosight transmitter?
A: No. The Prosight transmitter supports only with the Prosight camera.

Q: Is Prosight certified for RF regulation?
A: Yes. Prosight has certification for US (FCC), EU (CE), Australia & New Zeland, China and Korea. Other region regulations will follow.

Q: Will Prosight work in non-line-of-sight conditiond?
A: The specified range of 300 to 1000 meters / 1000 to 3000 feet assumes clear line-of-sight.
Prosight was tested to work very good in underground/parking lots. Lower performance may be expected when used in woods and forests.

Q: Will Prosight work at night?
A: The Prosight camera has high dynamic range (HDR) of 115dB, allowing it to function extremely well at almost any lighting conditions.

Q: Will Prosight coexist with analog video systems?
A: Yes. At adequate frequency allocation, the systems will coexist perfectly.

Q: Can I purchase Prosight in my country?
A: A Reseller list will be published soon in our site

Q: Can I use my Prosight receiver to view my friend’s Prosight’s flight?
A: Yes. Prosight receiver allows you to view any Prosight transmitter found in its reception radios

CONNEX
10th May 2016, 04:10 AM
https://youtu.be/E7rghwL_7zM

Nightram
10th May 2016, 07:55 AM
Myeh. I'm waiting to be impressed.

Not compatible with your other systems, large size (not really racer size at 4x of a standard transmitter) and price are turning me away.

HeliShredder
10th May 2016, 08:39 AM
Q1: How many pilots can fly at the same time when using the normal 5725MHz - 5875MHz ISM band?
Q2: Is it possible to use analog 5.8GHz video equipment at the same time?

xjet
10th May 2016, 04:40 PM
The camera uses a MOS-based sensor (as opposed to CCD)?

Shaftbender
10th May 2016, 05:46 PM
subbed! Looking forward to more vids and user feed back!

SecretSpy711
10th May 2016, 06:34 PM
Are the 27 channels divided into discreet bands? or does it use spread-spectrum frequency hopping (and 27 is the maximum number to avoid data collisions perhaps...)
If they are discreet bands, are all 27 channels non-overlapping?
I too would really like to know how many pilots can fly simultaneously. 27 mini quads in the air would certainly be pretty cool :)

FPVinTheNude
11th May 2016, 01:11 AM
https://youtu.be/E7rghwL_7zM

Not it trying to be a downer... But why is it only 30fps? Also watched the videos on the Connex channel. The color was changing on the clouds from orange to white every time they would fly outside.

Can an I use a differnt camera with it?

looking forward to more videos!

Shaftbender
12th May 2016, 03:54 AM
I don't see any mention of the TX antennas, only the connector type?

SiMuL
12th May 2016, 11:29 AM
Connex, please provide us with some RAW footage from the downlink (you can host a file on MediaFire or one of the other file sharing sites). The YouTube video posted is not that much better than a 480p transmission. Granted, this could be due to YT's horrendous compression.

So far, like many have said, this leaves much to be desired. It looks more like a widescreen version of the 480p that we already get. For 5 times the price of a traditional analog system, I would expect at least 2-3 times the quality of an SD downlink.

The way this was marketed made it sound like some sort of revolutionary game changer. Please back up your claims or reduce the price to better match the market, otherwise, your not going to sell very many of these things. ;)

SecretSpy711
12th May 2016, 12:06 PM
Amimon seems to be much more active over at RCgroups (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661113).

I don't see any mention of the TX antennas, only the connector type?
^ Tx antennas need to be linear. CP won't work with MIMO systems it uses multipath to its advantage, the very thing we try to avoid with an analog single-antenna link.

Q: how do the transmitter antennas look like? can they be replaced with 5.8 analog antennas? SPWs for example?
A: ProSight antennas were designed to cover the entire 5GHz band and were optimized and tested for FPV racing. Most 5.8GHz antennas don't cover the entire 5GHz band and may cause degradation in performance.

But why is it only 30fps?... Can an I use a differnt camera with it?
^^ They have said you can't use another camera with it, but not sure why. The cam is actually 720@30 but the output of the receiver is 720@60 which is a more common HD format. Probably to reduce the bandwidth needed for transmission.

Q: will there be an upgrade for the camera to run at 60fps?
A: We'll consider it for future products and updates.

Shaftbender
13th May 2016, 03:37 AM
^ Thanks
Should have read slower....

Shahar Keren
13th May 2016, 05:06 PM
Q1: How many pilots can fly at the same time when using the normal 5725MHz - 5875MHz ISM band?
Q2: Is it possible to use analog 5.8GHz video equipment at the same time?

ProSight will enable multiple systems in the same race, including a mix of analog and HD systems.

HeliShredder
16th May 2016, 07:00 PM
..multiple could mean 2, which would be pretty bad.

aaron_gx
16th May 2016, 07:55 PM
..multiple could mean 2, which would be pretty bad.
First post says it supports 27 digital channels. Not certain if every channel can operate simultaneously though.

SecretSpy711
16th May 2016, 08:33 PM
Doubt it, they are probably not all non-overlapping channels. Several including me have asked how many can fly simultaneously, and so far I've not seen an answer from Amimon.

aaron_gx
16th May 2016, 11:32 PM
Im sticking to my rock solid 1.3ghz oldschool stuff. I like flying through forests.

HugeOne
17th May 2016, 08:38 AM
I don't see any mention of the TX antennas, only the connector type? On the regular connex, the air units antennas where taken directly out of a laptop. Dual band PCB dipole as cheap as you can get. -Hugo

QuadroBro
17th May 2016, 10:45 PM
Considering most people are moving to x frames, and I can't think of a single 210 frame with 70mm of length available I don't understand why they went to production... It could be the same price as anything else and I wouldn't buy it. Then there's the camera mount, or lack thereof.

SiMuL
17th May 2016, 11:37 PM
Honestly, it's not a bad deal for the AP pilots that want a cheaper alternative to the larger Connex systems. The range is perfect as a flight cam for the Inspire 1, given that when you're flying with a camera man on the other remote, the pilot is basically blind and has to fly LOS, which makes it impossible to get the right shot. I do agree that these are a bit big for the mini racers.

It would be nice to hear back about some of these questions from the manufacture, though. They sure are ignoring the Lab in favor of the RCGroups thread. :|

QuadroBro
18th May 2016, 02:02 AM
Honestly, it's not a bad deal for the AP pilots that want a cheaper alternative to the larger Connex systems. The range is perfect as a flight cam for the Inspire 1, given that when you're flying with a camera man on the other remote, the pilot is basically blind and has to fly LOS, which makes it impossible to get the right shot. I do agree that these are a bit big for the mini racers.

It would be nice to hear back about some of these questions from the manufacture, though. They sure are ignoring the Lab in favor of the RCGroups thread. :|
I agree in regards to the ap folks, but with extended, the inspire goes up to 8 miles over lightbridge. They've been billing it as a revolutionary product (I.e. "a new era in FPV") for use with the mini quad crowd and, while it may hit with a small group of people, it's just not going to fit for the serious racing or acro enthusiasts. I think it's a small step in the right direction, but the footprint is still too big and I'm not sure how quickly technology can evolve to meet the expectations of enthusiasts. In the end, they're getting funding for this venture, but they definitely over-hyped it. I chuckled out loud when I saw the pic posted from their fb page.

SiMuL
18th May 2016, 08:08 PM
Yea, I agree with that for sure. I was expecting a better picture, but I was spot on with my projected cost at $500 before they announced it. lol, totally let down on the quality of the picture.

CONNEX
19th May 2016, 03:27 AM
The camera uses a MOS-based sensor (as opposed to CCD)?
That is correct!

CONNEX
19th May 2016, 03:29 AM
Are the 27 channels divided into discreet bands? or does it use spread-spectrum frequency hopping (and 27 is the maximum number to avoid data collisions perhaps...)
If they are discreet bands, are all 27 channels non-overlapping?
I too would really like to know how many pilots can fly simultaneously. 27 mini quads in the air would certainly be pretty cool :)

27 is the maximum number of channels and they are not over-lapping of course, or the channels will interfere with each other :)

SiMuL
19th May 2016, 05:58 PM
Connex, can you provide us with some RAW footage that's not posted to YouTube? Even Vimeo would be better, as that will give us a better example of the quality. Thanks.

Nightram
19th May 2016, 06:16 PM
Connex, can you provide us with some RAW footage that's not posted to YouTube? Even Vimeo would be better, as that will give us a better example of the quality. Thanks.

Preferably not spliced so the distance and actual performance can be viewed.

Not just the cherry picked cuts showing it working.

CONNEX
23rd May 2016, 10:48 AM
https://youtu.be/FUaVX9Q5cbI

CONNEX
23rd May 2016, 10:50 AM
Unedited video from our quality tests by tomorrow

SecretSpy711
23rd May 2016, 12:21 PM
Unedited video from our quality tests by tomorrow

please post in on vimeo on a plus or pro account, instead of youtube, so we can use the download button to see the original content without compression.

IBCrazy
24th May 2016, 10:30 AM
^ Tx antennas need to be linear. CP won't work with MIMO systems it uses multipath to its advantage, the very thing we try to avoid with an analog single-antenna link.

I would take this with a grain of salt. Most MIMO schemes aren't true MIMO and often benefit from CP antenna systems. However, the Connex has surprised me with the performance on stock antennas. I have found CP to be better, but the difference is small compared to the difference it makes in analog.

-Alex

SiMuL
24th May 2016, 12:47 PM
Alex, since it sounds like you've flown with this system, can you give us your impression on the video quality compared to an analog system? If you don't really want to comment due to business relationship reasons, that's fine, I understand.

I'm just not seeing the cost vs performance benefit at the moment, but that could be due to poor YouTube compression. Thanks!

Arnt0r
29th May 2016, 06:37 AM
Let me guess, if I install this in a Vortex 250 pro, I will lose the ability to enter osd menus, and the possibility to change fc settings via osd?

SiMuL
29th May 2016, 01:26 PM
I would imagine so, since the video signal would be analog from the Vortex and a different resolution.

Nightram
7th June 2016, 03:08 AM
For those interested, here is a comparison of the transmitter on a few common frames.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/1535ee03ea1769db35e2af97f2532c87.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/bbcf1bcd199585b91f3190ff986a72ae.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/29aaef869df3fba7a3649f1e2ea29774.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/ed6c8b87c12a1f8689cf9e546ae9e07f.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/1814f38184dac6b7cafe52f9562b4887.jpg

atlav8r
10th June 2016, 10:34 AM
The engineering folks from Amimon will be at our shop and delivering our beta demo to us on next Wed (15th) we are looking forwarding to testing it on our new KMR250 and the KMR-X that we are releasing tomorrow at the Pecan Patch FPV event.

SiMuL
10th June 2016, 11:05 AM
If you could post some raw output on a file share somewhere, that would be great! Amimon has yet to post this for us. Thanks!

Nucc10
10th June 2016, 01:51 PM
^^^ Yessss. For once an for all lets stop dancing around and strap that thing on a couple rigs flown by 100% non biased hobbyists and let them rip around a track with it. Low light evening or early am, high light afternoon, all sorts of turns on a track and behind trees. then load it on a fixed wing rig with RTH and fly all over and until vid goes out from distance. Its that simple really. These tests and placing the raw vid on the Lab here and RCG will either light the market on fire or show there's work to be done. Not being pushy but the buiuld up was for a 5/10 release date of info and we have everything but solid info which is NON BIASED DEMOS in a neutral environment. Today is a full month. Come on guys lets do this at the Patch. Lift your skirt..its time!!! Thank you!! Drops the mike...

rudygon
17th June 2016, 03:34 AM
Would this work well if hooked up to an oculus rift? Or is that just a silly idea.
It would save me on goggle cost since oculus is what I have.

rudygon
17th June 2016, 12:19 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/e26c8b872200299ddcfcaed448ab93e9.jpg
Looks like the antenna will have to be incorporated into the frame design. Otherwise it's gonna stick out way too much.

WDZaphod
8th July 2016, 04:48 AM
Ordered :D

Some information about the OSD capability would be helpful. There is a Naze32 / CC3D Cable available for the Prosight. Can you pls describe, how this works? Consumed mAh and flight mode would be quite useful in a racer, also RSSI (Control Link). Is there a full user manual online already? I didn't find the iOS App yet, will this be available with the system availability? My FPV-Drug-Dealer talked about end of next week.
Cannot wait ;)

Roboforcer X2000
8th July 2016, 06:30 AM
I still can't find any info on this, did anyone found out how many pilots can fly at the same time?

OutbackKanga
27th July 2016, 07:07 AM
I would take this with a grain of salt. Most MIMO schemes aren't true MIMO and often benefit from CP antenna systems. However, the Connex has surprised me with the performance on stock antennas. I have found CP to be better, but the difference is small compared to the difference it makes in analog.

-Alex Alex will you be releasing any directional antennas for the prosight ?

slowgto
27th July 2016, 08:46 AM
Alex will you be releasing any directional antennas for the prosight ?
I second this. Alex any ideas on upgraded antennas from you?

ttsabbott
28th July 2016, 11:17 AM
***Below is the review I just posted on GetFPV.com***

I received my Prosight kit last week and finally installed it on my QAV-R on Saturday. I took a maiden flight and was so excited for our Sunday meet-up with the multi-rotor group. The video was really clear and I didn't notice and response issues.

On Sunday, I met with the local multi-rotor group to do some practice flying around a UTT1 course.

Since this was my first time flying with the Prosight system, I took it easy. I flew high around the gates or I flew slow through them. I really had no issues until about the 4th battery, then I began experiencing issues.

The first issue was a total black out of video. Randomly, my video would go out and my drone would crash, not hard mind you, my flying was contained.

I attribute this to overheating, it has the symptoms of other electronics that will reboot when it gets to a certain temperature. The Vtx was extremely hot to the touch.

The second and more disappointing issue came after the 7th or 8th battery when I noticed my camera lens was shattered, on the inside. However, it is still functioning, but looks like it can fail at any minute.

Really? Is this equipment that fragile? The answer, yes. I sent pictures to Amimon and they confirmed the camera is damaged and said sorry but it's not covered under warranty.

That's very disappointing. I now have to purchase another camera at $139 to replace it.

Be warned, this equipment is not ready for use by everyone, unless you can shell out $139 after each time you fly/crash it.73718

SiMuL
28th July 2016, 01:01 PM
Yea, screw that non-sense. On top of the video quality not being 'that' much better than analogue and their products not being able to handle typical crashes in this industry, I will NOT be purchasing this overpriced junk.

ttsabbott
28th July 2016, 01:48 PM
Hi SiMuL,

Please don't confuse my dissatisfaction of the camera's fragility with the quality of the video. I thought the video was much better than analog. You can see so much more detail and the colors were great. However, crashing is a given for this hobby, and no company should expect the camera to break so easily.

SiMuL
28th July 2016, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the update. The reason I say it's not that much better than analogue is from judging the Youtube videos that have been posted. I just didn't see the quality improvements worth 4 or 5 times the money of an SD system. Granted, that could simply be due to YT's horrible compression.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem if it were not so expensive. I can build two racing quads for the cost of one of these systems.

rudygon
2nd August 2016, 12:43 PM
Can you post pics of how and where the camera was mounted? That might give us a good idea on what not to do. Thanks.

OutbackKanga
2nd August 2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the update. The reason I say it's not that much better than analogue is from judging the Youtube videos that have been posted. I just didn't see the quality improvements worth 4 or 5 times the money of an SD system. Granted, that could simply be due to YT's horrible compression.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem if it were not so expensive. I can build two racing quads for the cost of one of these systems.

This video belongs to Daemon over in Rcgroups .. look at this for quality ..this is prosight ... for full effect download the original file view it and then see if you think that prosight is better than analogue :)
https://vimeo.com/176811072/c1f9c92982

ttsabbott
2nd August 2016, 07:42 PM
Can you post pics of how and where the camera was mounted? That might give us a good idea on what not to do. Thanks.

Here you go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popsci2007
3rd August 2016, 01:01 AM
Hi mr. T
it seems you indeed used the dampers provided or some dampers, but you screwed the camera starit to the frame while actually crushing the dampers. in this manner the dampers dont damp any vibrations and there is a rigid connection between the cam and the frame. try connecting with no screws - only the dampers on each side.
:cool:

SiMuL
3rd August 2016, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the video link. That's a better representation of the quality over the other vids I've seen. It's definitely better than a 4:3 SD transmission from an analogue system. Whether it's worth the extra cost is for the individual to decide.

The hobby is definitely moving in the right direction with this! Now we need some competition to drive the prices down. :)

CONNEX
4th August 2016, 06:28 AM
Hi HD pilots,
When flying a few ProSight systems together (2 or more), we recommend to use the ProSight
FIXED FREQUENCY rather than AUTO mode.
https://amimon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205912886/FIXED.PNG
Happy Flying

WDZaphod
8th August 2016, 02:56 AM
Mine arrived.
YEAH. (Means: YEEAAHH!!) That's all I can say about.

I can switch between FCC and HAM - seems that's not the European Version? :-D

rudygon
15th August 2016, 08:21 AM
Power cube in Vendettahttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160815/57bb0ff866f7826a8de65c7307fd8e0a.jpg
Vs power cube in atom v2
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160815/39182605c0771f4dbcfe7478d9278354.jpg
Possible more room for ProSight vtx

rudygon
18th August 2016, 08:13 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/aa00df90041d620d86c351d8c3b94b68.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/82282e4062f346f9c8b21e78bd743234.jpg

WDZaphod
19th August 2016, 02:27 AM
That's my ongoing build:

Base Plate is 4mm Carbon Fiber, all others are 1.5mm:

Camera fully integrated with prosight rubber things, crash resistant. On top is space for another cam carrier (GoPro or Runcam HD).

Everything will be inside the frame, no ESCs outside on the arms. Made for KISS 24A ESCs, I will use T-Motor F60 and 5" ThreeBlades. Frame is fine for 6" also.

74002 74003 74004

It's designed around the Prosight TX and Cam, a Lumenier Lux FC, Powerboard with Current Sensor, Crossfire Diversity Receiver (to have the advantage of the find mode, which is independed from the main battery with a diversity receiver).
Just waiting for the 4mm Carbon, which comes from the glorious epicenter of Death Metal (Finnland) ;) :)

rudygon
19th August 2016, 07:25 AM
Looking good. Lots of room for a big battery too.
Frame I have now is very small. Might go larger or add some 3D printed camera protection.

WDZaphod
19th August 2016, 08:09 AM
Yeah, could be smaller. But I wanted to have a clean mount, everything will be mounted to the middle carbon fiber sheet. Up side will carry the Crossfire Receiver in the back, and the Prosight Transmitter in front. Down side holds the LUX FC and the four KISS ESCs. Front Part carries the camera. After all is mounted and wired up, it will be placed inside the frame, just the motor connecions and the antenna wires have to be plugged in. I hate fiddeling in small places. At least in most of the cases :rolleyes:

rudygon
19th August 2016, 08:18 AM
Make sure to post pics once it's done. Best.

CONNEX
21st August 2016, 07:52 AM
Check out some nice acrobatic FPV flight with the ProSight on a Fixed wing plane

https://youtu.be/nq5ENe2XFBk

rudygon
22nd August 2016, 10:55 PM
Really enjoying the high performance mode with the Avegant Glyph. The image is sharp and clear. Even in high contrast and shadow. Where as in the Fatshark HD v2 the detail in the shadows is hard to see. In high quality mode the image is almost unnecessarily good. I'd gladly give up a bit of resolution to get a bit better frame rate.

OutbackKanga
22nd August 2016, 11:01 PM
You would be lucky to even see the shadows in the hdv2 for all the Blurry edges lol :P
However I find the Fatshark dom 3,s while they are slightly lower in res , still give a fantastic experience with Prosight .
The colours are vibrant and crisp the contrast is good and best of all no blurring and the wide screen gives a really nice panoramic feel with no latencey.
I actually got vertigo and motion sickness the first few times I flew with the system , thats how real it felt .

OutbackKanga
30th August 2016, 02:58 AM
Considering most people are moving to x frames, and I can't think of a single 210 frame with 70mm of length available I don't understand why they went to production... It could be the same price as anything else and I wouldn't buy it. Then there's the camera mount, or lack thereof.

Xframes ugh .. can,t think of why the hell they are getting popular again .. the hobby started with xframes .. we moved on to better things .:)

WDZaphod
30th August 2016, 03:18 AM
QAV180 (which is really tiny!) has enough space to mount it.
The Form Factor is ok, nothing to complain about it. The rubber thing around the camera bothers, it's in view - need to cut it a bit.

Roboforcer X2000
30th August 2016, 03:31 AM
Xframes ugh .. can,t think of why the hell they are getting popular again ..
They're better for acro/freestyle due to less inertia on pitch axis compared to semi-H or true H frames. To some they're better for racing as well for more aggressive turns, but personally I prefer the opposite- more inertia on pitch and smooth turns not losing the speed rather then jumping forward and back.

rudygon
31st August 2016, 11:20 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/92811074b57b7ad1f7b29ed9855ecd3f.jpg
Mounted mine on a not true X frame and drilled new holes to accommodate the long vtx. I've added a bumper plate on bottom front since then to protect the camera on a head on crash. All working great so far. The frame is an emax nighthawk.

lely1103
29th June 2017, 03:13 AM
wow the pic you share really amazing
thank you so much for sharing this

PatTheThird
3rd July 2018, 02:58 PM
I put my setup into a Vortex 285 (fits beautifully) and have DRILLED it over and over again. I cant seem to make it not work and God knows I've tried. Just want another experience out there...

RC-Concepts
10th September 2019, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzlSrCGRTETo end the Connex HD era, here’s the Prosight putting up a worthy fight against the DJI Digital FPV.
https://youtu.be/_RzlSrCGRTE