PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about the Lumenier QAV-R

Silvara
22nd March 2016, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to design a build around the QAV-R. I wanted to go with the 6" props initially, and found the RX2206-13 2000kv by Lumenier. My question is, will it have enough thrust? What kind of expected flight time should I get with moderate flying? This is my first build and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My build so far is:

QAV-R with 6" props *not QAV-RXL
RX2206-13 2000kv
1500mAh 35C *suggestions here appreciated*
6x3 Gemfan
AcroNaze32 Rev.6
Emax Buzzer
BL Heli ESC without BEC
FrSKY Taranis X9D Plus with D4R-II *already bought*

I have an AUW of 290 minus battery, motors, and camera.

Tips and suggestions welcome! :confused:

QuadroBro
27th March 2016, 06:29 PM
I'm trying to design a build around the QAV-R. I wanted to go with the 6" props initially, and found the RX2206-13 2000kv by Lumenier. My question is, will it have enough thrust? What kind of expected flight time should I get with moderate flying? This is my first build and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My build so far is:

QAV-R with 6" props *not QAV-RXL
RX2206-13 2000kv
1500mAh 35C *suggestions here appreciated*
6x3 Gemfan
AcroNaze32 Rev.6
Emax Buzzer
BL Heli ESC without BEC
FrSKY Taranis X9D Plus with D4R-II *already bought*

I have an AUW of 290 minus battery, motors, and camera.

Tips and suggestions welcome! :confused:

tattu 75C 1300 (order 4 or 5 before April 1st if you can find stock anywhere) X4RSB or xsr are going to be better options than the d4r cuz sbus and s.port, buy a bunch of frsky antennas if you're gonna do the straws out the back thing, or route the antennas where they won't get chopped in literally every crash.

No comment on the motors as I'm on a 210. QAV-R will be my next frame and I'll get 5 and 6" arms and figure it out then

Not sure if the esc's will support passthrough so you're gonna want to find that out so you can buy an ftdi if necessary to update/configure the esc's and I'm seeing nothing regarding FPV, which, is going to be quite limiting in range. Even if you've got crazy good eyesight, you may lose orientation sooner than you think and you'll get to get recommendations all over again unless you set the f/s to drop out of the sky, AND the battery is still connected AND you bound the buzzer to a switch AND it's loud as shit AND it landed in an accessible spot.