PDA

View Full Version : QAV210 or QAV-R ? | Freestyle and some FPV Racing

Joey37
16th March 2016, 10:48 AM
Hi guys,

After 1.5 years of FPV racing I'd like to replace my Lisam 210 (QAV210 knock-off). It has been beaten to death but still held up great considering how much I paid for it.

Anyway, this time I'd like to go for an actual QAV but I'm hesitating between the QAV210 and the QAV-R 5".

My current setup :

Lisam 210 (QAV210 copy with 3mm unibody bottom plate)
x2204s + 5045BN
LB20A
Naze32 Acro
4s 1300mAh 45C / 4s 1800mAh 65C

I love the way this Lisam 210 flies, it's just perfect for freestyle and agile for racing.

As far as I can see there are Pros and Cons for the QAV210 :

PROS
CONS

- Cheaper than the QAV-R
- Should have the exact same flying characteristics as the lisam 210
- The unibody bottom plate sounds more crash proof to me than a.
- Arms cannot be replaced (still, the bottom plate of the Lisam 210 held up very well considering all the crashes it went through)

And Pros and Cons for the QAV-R​ :

PROS
CONS

- Replaceable arms
- X profile (Does it really change anything compared to the ZMR or QAV210 profiles?)
- More expensive than the QAV210
- It looks useless to buy the QAV-R without the quick swap PDB (means even more expensive)
- A frame with more spare parts sounds less resistant

What do you guys think, should I go for the QAV210 or the QAV-R ? Why ?

QuadroBro
27th March 2016, 08:55 PM
Hi guys,

After 1.5 years of FPV racing I'd like to replace my Lisam 210 (QAV210 knock-off). It has been beaten to death but still held up great considering how much I paid for it.

Anyway, this time I'd like to go for an actual QAV but I'm hesitating between the QAV210 and the QAV-R 5".

My current setup :

Lisam 210 (QAV210 copy with 3mm unibody bottom plate)
x2204s + 5045BN
LB20A
Naze32 Acro
4s 1300mAh 45C / 4s 1800mAh 65C

I love the way this Lisam 210 flies, it's just perfect for freestyle and agile for racing.

As far as I can see there are Pros and Cons for the QAV210 :

PROS
CONS

- Cheaper than the QAV-R
- Should have the exact same flying characteristics as the lisam 210
- The unibody bottom plate sounds more crash proof to me than a.
- Arms cannot be replaced (still, the bottom plate of the Lisam 210 held up very well considering all the crashes it went through)

And Pros and Cons for the QAV-R​ :

PROS
CONS

- Replaceable arms
- X profile (Does it really change anything compared to the ZMR or QAV210 profiles?)
- More expensive than the QAV210
- It looks useless to buy the QAV-R without the quick swap PDB (means even more expensive)
- A frame with more spare parts sounds less resistant

What do you guys think, should I go for the QAV210 or the QAV-R ? Why ?
Whoa... I needed a new QAV 210 frame after a few months. I'm going between the R and a shen for my next frame. That being said, I have no clue how durable the Krieger or shrieker frames are

CongoSavanne
27th March 2016, 11:20 PM

Just get another one of those.

QuadroBro
28th March 2016, 12:31 AM
Just get another one of those.
Seriously, I'm considering finding one if you can get 1.5 years out of it