PDA

View Full Version : FPV wiring Diagrams

Coyote
4th April 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi lads, I thought I`d start a thread on the diagrams I`m making. This first set is for DOSD. After a potential problem was discovered recently these new diagrams will enable you to wire up the DOSD perfectly safely avoiding the potential problem.

Click on attachments for full size pictures

Ok first the most common application :

Easystar Basic

Spec :

3 Channel control, Throttle Rudder and Elevator controlled by DOSD
FPV system isolated from ESC circuit
12v Camera
12v Vtx
Dragon Link UHF

System supports : Gps based flight stabilization, RTH with speed control, programmable missions capable

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/Easystar12vsystem-1.jpg

Delta Wing Basic

Spec :

12 v Camera
12v VTX
Isolated BEC circuit.
Isolated ESC Circuit
Fully filtered ( Camera, OSD, Vtx and Bec Circuit )
DOSD Powered of filtered current sensor wire and jumper
BEC supplies PWM 4 ( not used )
Only signal wire from ESC used

Completely safe

Note : The shielded wires are not joined at the BEC, this stops a ground loop, both wires going to BEC are part of the shield system though

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/deltasysrv-1.jpg

Twinstar setups :

System 1 : Basic 4 Channel Setup

Spec :

Full Aileron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle control via DOSD
Camera, Vtx and BEC Filtered ( Bec`s not needed but easier for wiring )
12v Camera
12v Vtx

Completely safe.
Isolated FPV circuit from ESC`s

System supports : GPS based flight stabilization, RTH with speed control, programmable missions capable

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/Twinstar12vBasic-1.jpg

System 2 : Twinstar with IMU and Mic

Spec :

Camera, VTX, Mic, IMU and BEC supply Filtered

12v Camera
12v Vtx
12v Mic
5v IMU ( Optional )
Step-up for Camera ( Optional )

Completely safe.
Isolated FPV circuit from ESC`s

System supports : Gps and IMU based flight stabilization, RTH with speed control, programmable missions capable, aritificial horizon

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/Twinstar12vwithIMUandMic-1.jpg

Coyote
4th April 2011, 10:52 AM
Skywalker system

After the ground loop potential problem i went against my norm and decided on a 2 lipo system. Power and Video

Spec :

Separate Video and Power system
Separate BEC circuit
No modification to DOSD wiring connections other than no -ve and +ve from Esc`s Bec wire
Should be no need for any filtering
2 Voltage readings, 1 for video 1 for power

12v Camera
12v Vtx

Completely safe.
Isolated FPV circuit from ESC

System supports : Gps based flight stabilization, RTH with speed control, programmable missions capable

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/Skywalker12v.jpg

Coyote
4th April 2011, 10:52 AM
A Skywalker X8

Spec :

All in one video and power system
Separate standalone BEC circuit ( no ground loop )

Elevon control
Antenna Tracking
Completely safe.

Diagram with FY31AP Hornet OSD

I split it into two separate drawings for less complication

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/cayote64035/X8FPVdiagramb_zpsc3723840.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/cayote64/cayote64035/X8Powerdiagramb_zps68ef2ba7.jpg

Coyote
4th April 2011, 10:53 AM
Reserved

Nakelp86
16th October 2011, 06:25 PM
Skywalker system

After the ground loop potential problem i went against my norm and decided on a 2 lipo system. Power and Video

Spec :

Seperate Video and Power system
Seperate standalone BEC circuit
No modification to DOSD wiring connections other than no -ve and +ve from Esc`s Bec wire

12v Camera
12v Vtx

Completely safe.

This is great , Thx.
Now if I want to add pan and tilt to the camera can I run it straight to GLrx free channels, lets say ch5 and ch6 and omit OSD??

Maximus
27th January 2012, 09:09 AM
Coyote:
I'm busy working on the wiring for my wing with DOSD, with exactly the same setup as the Delta Wing Basic. Just a question regarding the current sensor wire: The standard wire that comes with the DragonOSD current sensor, is not shielded. Will that be a problem, and should I modify the rest of the shielded wires in some way?

For the other items, can I use USB cable as a shielded wire, or what's the best way to get them shielded? And the servo wires?

Coyote
28th January 2012, 07:53 AM
This is great , Thx.
Now if I want to add pan and tilt to the camera can I run it straight to GLrx free channels, lets say ch5 and ch6 and omit OSD??

You could do yes

Coyote
28th January 2012, 07:54 AM
Coyote:
I'm busy working on the wiring for my wing with DOSD, with exactly the same setup as the Delta Wing Basic. Just a question regarding the current sensor wire: The standard wire that comes with the DragonOSD current sensor, is not shielded. Will that be a problem, and should I modify the rest of the shielded wires in some way?

For the other items, can I use USB cable as a shielded wire, or what's the best way to get them shielded? And the servo wires?

No the original wire is fine, yu shouldnt have any issues

ttucker
28th January 2012, 02:58 PM
This looks great Coyote. Do you have any pictures of some of these wiring setups in a plane? I use a Remzibi and have recently added a current sensor as well and had a rat's nest of wiring before the sensor, now it's worse. I'm about ready to tear everything down and rewire the entire setup and heat shrink where possible to try and reduce clutter in the wiring bay. Every time I fly I flex a wire somewhere in the OSD system and once every couple of months or so am debugging a loose connection on a multi-strand wire.

Any ideas for reducing wiring tangles would be welcome.

Coyote
28th January 2012, 03:51 PM
A diagram of an actual plane with everything positioned and routed ?

ttucker
28th January 2012, 04:07 PM
Mainly a close up of the OSD area and associated add-ons wiring.

Holt25
18th March 2012, 04:44 PM
Skywalker system

Spec :

Seperate Video and Power system
Seperate standalone BEC circuit

12v Camera
12v Vtx

Completely safe.

Thank you jebus/coyote for this perfect diagram of what I think will work for me. A couple question/suggestions please.. The UBEC, any recommendations? Is this still compatible with the V2 OSD? What antenna do you use for the DL rx? Ibcrazy told me http://videoaerialsystems.com/products/uhf-products/turnstile-uhf-antenna/

Coyote
18th March 2012, 05:20 PM
Yes its compatible with V2 DOSD, Turnigy UBec`s are fine, go for the low RF ones. I use a dipole antenna on the rx

Holt25
18th March 2012, 05:36 PM
Yes its compatible with V2 DOSD, Turnigy UBec`s are fine, go for the low RF ones. I use a dipole antenna on the rx

www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_15&products_id=337 (http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_15&products_id=337) about right? Do I need to keep the rx or the tip of the dipole farthest away from the video tx? It's just so long... I'd like to seperate them wing tip to wing tip on my sky surfer but i don't know where i should mount it. With the dipole should I just use the tail, ya think? Edited: Just looked at your ez* setup! The dipole it ok like that?

Coyote
18th March 2012, 06:56 PM
Yup that Bec is fine :)

Its 433mhz so unless your on 1.2ghz video you can mount it just about anywhere, on a platform like a sky surfer make the dipole so its mounted at the rear of the tail, plenty of separation.

Nakelp86
24th March 2012, 08:12 PM

Guys, I modified Coyote's schematics but this is not working right.
Now my Video battery is also powering the servos, NOT GOOD :-((((.
How can I modify this for my EZ* running two batteries as on the drawing so servos are powered from main battery?
Thx for help.

Nakelp86
25th March 2012, 12:47 PM
Anyone, ?

Coyote
25th March 2012, 04:05 PM
Accordign to that diagram your servos are powered from the flight battery and BEC. The servo power rail ( apart from ground ) is separate from the DOSD inpu power. So I would double check your wiring against the diagram

Nakelp86
31st March 2012, 08:40 AM
checked wiring wire by wire and cant find any mistakes. According to what you are saying ( if I understand right )the servo part of DOSD and video are separately powered unless you use the jumper to power both from one battery.
Could I run UBEC to DL as on this drawing without burning anything and see if that helps?

On the picture , I removed GPS and servos (except one) but the rest is as per schematics.
Still when I plug main battery to the current sensor no response from the servos.
Only when I turn on the video battery the servos are moving.

Coyote
31st March 2012, 05:32 PM
Oh right, of course ! Now I know what you mean.

Yes this will happen, the DOSD controls your servos, not the rx, so with no video lipo plugged in, your DOSD is not powered up, thus giving your servos no command to move

Nakelp86
31st March 2012, 06:15 PM
Oh so ther is a light at the end of the tunnel LOL. Thx
But that doesnt mean that the servos will take juice from the video Battery, right?
Darn and I gutted my two planes to figure it out LOL
Geee

Coyote
1st April 2012, 05:58 AM
No the servos are still powered by the flight battery, but they are told to move by the DOSD. So with the flight battery in, they are powered, but receiving no signal to move

Nakelp86
1st April 2012, 10:22 AM
Thats better news :-)
Thx Coyote

NDw
13th April 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi qucik question on a very simple osd setup. If both grounds are going to be going to the battery, is there any reason to connect the vid ground?

http://i.imgur.com/Y2osK.gif

Coyote
13th April 2012, 02:09 PM
You can, but you don`t have too no

Vintabilly_NS
14th April 2012, 03:11 PM
Hey I just happened upon this thread. I could have saved some brain power last week when I wired my DOSD+ for the first time. Thank you for the clear diagrams. :) *thumbs up*

AaronHartwell
15th April 2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah, this is a great thread. Thanks Coyote!

Coyote
15th April 2012, 06:04 AM
Welcomz :)

camerajumper
3rd May 2012, 05:27 PM
Hey Coyote,
Great work on the diagrams. I surely wouldn't have gotten as much done (correctly) on my DL and DOSD V2, if not for the diagrams. My setup on my Bixler 4 servo setup looks very much like yours, minus the shielded wires. I see your throttle/esc control in on pmw3, I assume you have a Futaba? I have JR and the only difference is hooking up throttle on PMW1. I also have a 2nd battery pack to power VTX/Cam and DOSD. The video, DOSD, anmd gps works, but I've not gotten into the DOSD menus since I've yet made changes yet to my channel 5 (Gear switch) to get into it.
But, when I hook up main battery pack the esc/motor doesn't seem to recognize signal. It beeps as the though transmitter is off. I've verified binding by disconnecting the RX it from DOSD then hooking up a servo and throttle to the standard pins. They both worked with the receiver.
It seems the problem is on the servo/pmw side of the DOSD!? At one point during DOSD bootup, it did recognize the radio as JR, so the PPM cable to the DOSD from RX must have been working. But now it the DOSD doesnt recognize the type of radio. I even hooked up the throttle to channel 3, though JR uses channel 1. Nada. The motor just beeps.
Any clues as to what my problem is with the setup?
Thx, Keith

Coyote
4th May 2012, 02:45 PM
In you DOSD config software you can assign each of the DOSD`s PWM outputs to be which ever you want :)

injector
4th May 2012, 10:58 PM
Subscribing

hawaiirc
5th May 2012, 04:55 AM
Similar problem that I have been having. ESC does not activate when hooked through the DOSD. I replaced the ESC with a servo and got rough movement, and only about 1/2 the normal servo throw range.

Perhaps there needs to be a common ground between the two batteries? Coyote, would this hurt anything?

Another thought, the servos are being run off the VTX battery via a UBEC (exactly as the schematic shows on the first page). Would it create a ground loop to run them off the ESC BEC instead?

Hey Coyote,
Great work on the diagrams. I surely wouldn't have gotten as much done (correctly) on my DL and DOSD V2, if not for the diagrams. My setup on my Bixler 4 servo setup looks very much like yours, minus the shielded wires. I see your throttle/esc control in on pmw3, I assume you have a Futaba? I have JR and the only difference is hooking up throttle on PMW1. I also have a 2nd battery pack to power VTX/Cam and DOSD. The video, DOSD, anmd gps works, but I've not gotten into the DOSD menus since I've yet made changes yet to my channel 5 (Gear switch) to get into it.
But, when I hook up main battery pack the esc/motor doesn't seem to recognize signal. It beeps as the though transmitter is off. I've verified binding by disconnecting the RX it from DOSD then hooking up a servo and throttle to the standard pins. They both worked with the receiver.
It seems the problem is on the servo/pmw side of the DOSD!? At one point during DOSD bootup, it did recognize the radio as JR, so the PPM cable to the DOSD from RX must have been working. But now it the DOSD doesnt recognize the type of radio. I even hooked up the throttle to channel 3, though JR uses channel 1. Nada. The motor just beeps.
Thx, Keith

Coyote
5th May 2012, 08:22 PM
Hey Coyote,
Thx, Keith

Sorry I was rushed earlier and didn't read this properly. You need to assign you PWM channels. The best was to do this is via a USB TTL cable, then you can configure your ppm input and Dodd outputs and monitor your input live to check for faults

Coyote
5th May 2012, 08:40 PM
Similar problem that I have been having. ESC does not activate when hooked through the DOSD. I replaced the ESC with a servo and got rough movement, and only about 1/2 the normal servo throw range.

Perhaps there needs to be a common ground between the two batteries? Coyote, would this hurt anything?

Another thought, the servos are being run off the VTX battery via a UBEC (exactly as the schematic shows on the first page). Would it create a ground loop to run them off the ESC BEC instead?

Some of us, me included found that DOSD sometimes does not like PWM output 3 for its Esc control, setting throttle to PWM 1 2 or 4 works fine though. Try that, it worked for me.

No the ground is common between the two batteries on the DOSD gnd rail, connecting the ESC ground is the ground loop that started all the threads off, it creates a loop from the ESC to the DOSD and current sensor. This let's all your motors amps return through the DOSD not the gnd wire of the ESC and destroys the DOSD ( Don't it myself )

camerajumper
5th May 2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry I was rushed earlier and didn't read this properly. You need to assign you PWM channels. The best was to do this is via a USB TTL cable, then you can configure your ppm input and Dodd outputs and monitor your input live to check for faults

No Problem. I've resolved some issues.. I have the new 12 channel RX and the DOSD manual says to hook up PPM to channel 9 (the older 9 channel RX), so I did. Once I hooked PPM IN to channel 12, I was good. I was able to take my Feiyu Tech cable and rig it to use the PC Commander and rearrange the channels on PWM outputs. My new issue is the GPS is not working. It worked from the very start. This is a new DOSD and GPS. Not sure what to do. I'm trying to post a YouTube video soon so others can check out the setup and help with issues.
Thx

camerajumper
6th May 2012, 01:49 AM
No Problem. I've resolved some issues.. I have the new 12 channel RX and the DOSD manual says to hook up PPM to channel 9 (the older 9 channel RX), so I did. Once I hooked PPM IN to channel 12, I was good. I was able to take my Feiyu Tech cable and rig it to use the PC Commander and rearrange the channels on PWM outputs. My new issue is the GPS is not working. It worked from the very start. This is a new DOSD and GPS. Not sure what to do. I'm trying to post a YouTube video soon so others can check out the setup and help with issues.
Thx

Here is a video of the wiring setup and a couple oddities I've found out. http://youtu.be/QevfFleKcXM

hawaiirc
6th May 2012, 03:56 AM
Camera jumper, Noticed in your video that you have esc ground connected to dosd? I thought only the signal wire gets connected

Coyote, i think Daniel says that the dosd ground rail is isolated from dosd power ground? When i said common ground i was thinking directly connecting ground between lipos?

camerajumper
6th May 2012, 12:26 PM
Camera jumper, Noticed in your video that you have esc ground connected to dosd? I thought only the signal wire gets connected

Coyote, i think Daniel says that the dosd ground rail is isolated from dosd power ground? When i said common ground i was thinking directly connecting ground between lipos?

Yes, I can just hook up the signal wire, I only pulled the + wire since I'm using a separate BEC. I will probably take my BEC and plug it into the + and - of the throttle channel (PWM 1), along with the ESC signal wire. That frees up a PWM channel so I'll have, Throttle/BEC, Ail, Elev, Rud on the PWM1-4 channels.

Maddmax
8th May 2012, 06:03 PM
Excellent thread with nice diagrams. My question is this: Can I hook up the Dragonlink to Hornet OSD? Do I need to hook it up to the osd??

Coyote
9th May 2012, 08:39 PM
Hornet OSD does not control your plane, Hornet does not have a RSSI input either ( which is a bugger ) so there is nothing really to connect

Maddmax
9th May 2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks for your reply. Getting ready to move all the gear from my Skysurfer into a bigger Skywalker.

Bear Pants
26th July 2012, 11:38 PM
Hello. I'm getting noise in my camera feed whenever I power up the throttle. I pulled everything from my sky surfer. Because I wanted to move things around in preparation for my UHF coming in. Here is how it was wired. (Correctly I believe)
http://i.imgur.com/a4wlI.png

I'm saying screw 72 and just going to wait to fly it until I get my UHF. As today for some reason I nose bombed upon launch and ripped the nose off. Patching it up now. Here is everything I have to work with (Removing bec on top of picture and replacing with sbec turnigy)

http://i.imgur.com/SciV1.jpg

any tips? I'm trying to follow the easystar route (4 controls rudder,ails,elev,throttle) It says LC FILTER in the picture under the current sensor. Is this built in? It seems the current sensor is powering both the camera and video transmitter. Will these help clear up any noise in the feed? Thanks.

Nakelp86
27th July 2012, 12:25 AM
here is what I did12838

Bear Pants
27th July 2012, 12:45 AM
here is what I did12838

I don't plan on using a video battery though Jack. I prefer having one battery to monitor. I know I can get rid of the noise in the video because It hasn't happened to me until I took the gear off the tricopter. But yeah I'm working it out now. Or trying. The easystar diagram kind of confuses me. As you can read in my last post.

Bear Pants
27th July 2012, 12:50 AM
I started working on a new harness. This is what I have currently. Any opinions? I'm pretty sure I don't have to connect the cam/vtx negative to the DOSD. And I'm not sure where teh BEC is supposed to go to power the servos. Other than that help. Does it look good so far? I just made a LC filter. Should clear up noise in video when motor is spun up.
http://i.imgur.com/9WWPj.png

I think. Being I'm only connecting the ESC signal wire. I can hook the bec up to that same power/negative. There BEC solved.

Yet another edit:

Did a quick test of video (not connected through OSD) Just trying to test out LC filter. Which seems to do nothing. I spin the motor up and yet I still get lines in the video. This has not happened to be since I removed my stuff from the tricopter.

Bear Pants
27th July 2012, 01:15 PM
So. Nobody? Really?

Bear Pants
27th July 2012, 05:24 PM
Yet I did my harness EXACTLY THE EASYSTAR WAY. And I still get white ****ing lines. Everything is how it should be. Is there seriously no help/opinions here? ........................

Mark Hitchman
28th July 2012, 05:21 PM
Have you got the cap on the VTX and Camera side of the toroid?
I find they seem to work better with just the red wound on the toroid.
How many turns have you got on the toroid?

Mark

Bear Pants
28th July 2012, 05:23 PM
I followed slightly different instructions and put the cap on the battery side of the toroid. 6-7 turns of just the red wound on the toroid.

http://www.fpvuk.org/how-tos/lc-filters/
"Which way round the capacitor is in this circuit ie before or after the ring doesn’t really matter"

Mark Hitchman
28th July 2012, 05:30 PM
It makes a huge difference, I have video that proves it, 10 turns minimum and the cap on the side you are trying to filter and you will be sweet :)

Mark

Bear Pants
28th July 2012, 05:32 PM
It makes a huge difference, I have video that proves it, 10 turns minimum and the cap on the side you are trying to filter and you will be sweet :)

Mark

Okay I'll wind it more times and throw the cap on the other side. I hate misinformation. Thanks for the tip!

edit:
Your a life saver. Thank you!

Vitamin J
28th July 2012, 05:34 PM
Whatever you do, Bear Pants, don't post a video of your problem. Sometimes lines in the video have nothing to do with wiring but vibrations. Perhaps some wires are too close to others, who knows, post up some pictures of everything installed.

Coyote
28th July 2012, 05:38 PM
As that thread continues we found that the capacitor side does have a bearing on results. What makes the biggest difference between the filter working or appearing not to is your cable placement. If you have your cables ran along side each other IE power and video then the LC fliter is rendered useless.

Bear Pants
28th July 2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah I wounded the power wire a few more times around the toroid and then I switched sides teh capacitor is on. Fixed my problem 100%. So it seemed it was related to that. Full throttle with prop on showed no lines at all. The issue I was also having which may have been cleared up. Is the DOSD (with borders on?) produces a white blur across the screen. Seems like the DOSDs fault. But when I turn with borders off. It fixes the issue sure. But I can't read anything on the text. I know this can't be just me.

Thanks for the tip Coyote. I'll keep that in mind for sure. My LC filter is now more "proper" and cleared up the issues I was having. Thanks!

Mark Hitchman
28th July 2012, 07:08 PM
Try a 100 ohm resistor between video signal wire and ground, usually just before the vtx, I put mine inside the vtx, but it can go pretty much anywhere. If it makes it better but not perfect then swap the 100ohm for a 68ohm and try again.
Usually the issue is the video signal voltage is too high and tying it to ground through the resistor drags it down a bit.

Mark

Bear Pants
28th July 2012, 07:11 PM
Try a 100 ohm resistor between video signal wire and ground, usually just before the vtx, I put mine inside the vtx, but it can go pretty much anywhere. If it makes it better but not perfect then swap the 100ohm for a 68ohm and try again.
Usually the issue is the video signal voltage is too high and tying it to ground through the resistor drags it down a bit.

Mark

Okay. I'll try this and see if it clears up the white blur lines across the screen. Thank you again Mark!

Should I put the resistor onto my cameras video wire or my vtx video wire? They both seperately go into the osd. Thanks!

I came across this as well. Though I don't have good enough soldering iron for small pcb boards like this.
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74

chicken sashimi
28th July 2012, 11:47 PM
As that thread continues we found that the capacitor side does have a bearing on results. What makes the biggest difference between the filter working or appearing not to is your cable placement. If you have your cables ran along side each other IE power and video then the LC fliter is rendered useless.

Hey Coyote.

Running cables along side each other in a plane is ALMOST unavoidable given that most cable are coming to and from various common locations/components. What do you do to deal with that reality? Is braiding the cables enough to solve this cross contamination? What about using lengths of super-shielded CAT6 cable wherever you're running multiple cables down a common channel/groove? Is that overkill, or should I do it since I have said cable, in order to eliminate one more variable?

Coyote
29th July 2012, 05:07 PM
In a plane like say a Skywalker, X8, or a Zeph etc should be very easy to do, there is so much space. Using multi-core cable is fine as long as it only carries signals, not power. In my wing I used multicore and 2 core next to it for power with flawless results with no filters.

In say an EZ Star or Funjet type plane it becomes tighter but running the power wires down one side of the plane and Video / Audio down the other is normally more than enough separation.

I normally run all my Video / Audio in shielded cable, even if it does not really need it. With correct earthing of the shield it will perform perfectly. I don`t use CAT6, no reason why really, I have no idea if its good or not, the reason why not is purely that using shielded cable has never failed me, so if it aint broke, don`t fix it :)

The key to success IMO anyway is :

Clean power supply to video equipment

Good filtering ( if required )

Good separation

Nakelp86
1st August 2012, 07:53 PM
can you guys help me with microphone connection here

Bear Pants
1st August 2012, 08:23 PM
can you guys help me with microphone connection here

Looks correct. What is the problem? One wire from VTX audio to the 4th pin on the video bus of the DOSD

Nakelp86
1st August 2012, 09:21 PM
Duh, Adam my question is the Audio pin on DOSD is Audio in or out or doesnt matter. Or I can just connect mic directly to Vtx and run one audio wire to OSD.

Bear Pants
1st August 2012, 09:25 PM
Duh, Adam my question is the Audio pin on DOSD is Audio in or out or doesnt matter. Or I can just connect mic directly to Vtx and run one audio wire to OSD.

It's audio out on the DOSD so you can hear warnings and stuff. You can splice the mic in between the dosd and vtx.

squishy
29th December 2012, 05:57 PM
Any diagrams for powering the DOSD+ from the current sensor or is this normally not advised? Mine seems to be working fine by using a jumper on the power pins as described in the manual, I am using a single 4cell battery system with a voltage regulator and LC filter for my FPV system.

Also, do you guys think a 5a BEC is enough for my Dragonlink, FY30a and six servos?

Coyote
29th December 2012, 09:45 PM
You can power it like that yes. a 5a BEC is also fine for what your running

Dust
7th January 2013, 01:44 AM
Very basic, rough draft of layout to better visualize how it all works together.
Feedback welcome

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y426/HigherFlyer/DiagramLayout_zps97642097.png

typicalaimster
9th January 2013, 12:05 PM
Here was my wiring diagram for the Skyhunter. The Pan and Tilt servos have been moved to the output rail of the APM. This specific setup was for short range flying.

I'll upload a more revised one later..

YooDoG
19th February 2013, 07:41 PM
Hi! what do you think people? should work?

I'm worried that it needs extra filtering, may be LC filter between Video Battery and OSD, or no need?

http://fpvlab.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21402&d=1361040160

Dust
20th March 2013, 07:24 PM
Here was my 3rd and successful diagram that gave perfect video and no issues.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/kind_vapour/Wire3.png

Then i tried to shuffle in an OSD and fired my Vtx. So after ordering a new one, as well as a CORE to go into the Zephyr II, this is what I am currently planning to build
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/kind_vapour/WireRe-Do.png

Steelart99
24th June 2013, 09:57 PM
Working on my first FPV plane (Bixler 2) and needed a sanity check for my Wiring diagram and Ground Station. I'm not sure if I need the noted torroid / LP Filter. I'm putting in an OrangeRx Stabilizer, but plan to have it switchable via an AUX switch on on the transmitter. Any and all thoughts / comments are appreciated.

Coyote
27th June 2013, 01:32 AM
Then i tried to shuffle in an OSD and fired my Vtx. So after ordering a new one, as well as a CORE to go into the Zephyr II, this is what I am currently planning to build
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/kind_vapour/WireRe-Do.png

That looks fine, no problems there :)

Coyote
27th June 2013, 01:33 AM
Working on my first FPV plane (Bixler 2) and needed a sanity check for my Wiring diagram and Ground Station. I'm not sure if I need the noted torroid / LP Filter. I'm putting in an OrangeRx Stabilizer, but plan to have it switchable via an AUX switch on on the transmitter. Any and all thoughts / comments are appreciated.

Both are fine to use without problem :)

chicken sashimi
26th July 2013, 02:59 AM
Hey fellas.

I'm building a pantilt pod with the vtx on it. Using rj45 network cable to connect the pod to the aircraft means I'm one wire short of what I thought I need.
Currently I have:

6v
6v ground
video out (from cam)
video in (to vtx)
12v
12v ground
pan signal
tilt signal

If I could share the grounds, then I could open up a wire to use for an audio stream. I just wasn't sure whether I could share grounds on a circuit with different voltage levels going in.
Diagram included.. is this safe?

ke123
27th July 2013, 12:32 AM
Common ground will be fine

chicken sashimi
27th July 2013, 12:33 AM
awesome.. thx bud.

jamie.cutter
30th July 2013, 01:03 PM
hi can anyone help. i have the dosd system and a fat shark system on my radian that iam in process of wiring. the fat shark camera and tx is powered through a filter that comes with kit which plugs into the balance lead on lipo. the camera is 5v, and maybe tx is 5v also. i have taken power for dosd from current sensor and used the jumper on dosd to allow it to be powered this way. am i going to have problems with ground loops?
many thanks
jamie

ke123
30th July 2013, 01:58 PM
I'd need a diagram to be sure, but sounds like you'd want to avoid having a ground wire between your camera and the DOSD and your VTX and the DOSD, to avoid either the cam or vtx having multiple paths to ground.

jamie.cutter
30th July 2013, 02:00 PM
In process of doing diagram will post soon
Many thanks

jborrow
9th August 2013, 10:41 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Hey all,

Iím working on a skywalker build and was hoping I could get some input.

I have 2 LC filters and 2 toroids sitting around. Where would the best place to put them be? Any other suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Coyote
15th September 2013, 04:54 AM
It looks like you don't have a common ground between the 3S an 4S lipo there from EZUH receiver

You won`t need a filter on the the 3S side if the wires are far away from the ESC wires

Crazyflyer20
19th October 2013, 08:26 PM
Hey guys what a awesome Thread, i will try to gets some pics of my wiring and diagrams of my setups. on my fpv planes Twinstar and Rvjet

Mike

Aussie
4th January 2014, 08:33 AM
Hey Guys, thanks for the site. I'm putting together a fpv plane and have been researching for the last couple of months. I'm not new to rc, but new to electric and fpv.

I'm hopeless when it comes to understanding grounds ,common grounds and such:confused:. I'm hoping some of you more gifted folk could give me some feed back on the attached Diagram. The gear will be going into the hobbyKing Sky Eye.

Steve

Aussie
5th January 2014, 06:03 AM
I've updated the diagram, added earth for fatshark video to switch and routed tx power from the Sportbec, it was from the Storm-AV out which is 12 v:o.

Anyone.......Does this diagram look correct ????

Steve

giteart
27th March 2014, 03:57 AM
it looks ok to me

zev
19th May 2014, 08:14 PM
hello, just getting my first fpv set up, do you think this will work? it is running on 3s, and it is a 12v cam and vtx.http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/zevobh/ScreenShot2014-05-19at81143PM_zps626f7333.png

tomrom
22nd May 2014, 01:04 PM
This is my first scratch build, all my components are displayed in my diagram. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Questions I am running into:

1. Correct method of using two batteries
2. OSD wiring using all expanders
3. UBEC Placement
4. How to supply power to RX and OSD (servos?) trying to minimize e-noise and running only signal wire

Thank you in advance for any help!

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/5/3/5/3/4/8/a6786476-175-Skywalker-EagleTree%20OSD%2CBoscam832%2CImmersionEZUHF%20Wir ing%20Diagram2.jpg

Teamkrazy
5th June 2014, 05:46 AM
hi chaps,

im looking for the best way to wire up my newly added gear in my TBS disco.
currently i have
dji mini osd
GP3
core

i feed the gp3 into mini osd via core and get rssi and all gps data from mini osd, from core to vtx

ive since purchased a TBS EZosd and am thinking of adding a dedicated fpv cam
so my thoughts are

osd off on core just use it for 12v and 5v for vtx/gp3 and fpv cam

send the GP3 via mini osd into a video switch and connect switch op to vtx
send fpv cam via ezosd into switch.

would greatly appreciate some feedback

rlage
5th June 2014, 09:30 AM
hi!

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo217/rlaginha/iosmini2_zps233ca512.jpg

Teamkrazy
5th June 2014, 05:55 PM
Excellent thanks. I see no ground on iosd

rlage
5th June 2014, 06:58 PM
Excellent thanks. I see no ground on iosd
Yes that's right. No ground connection to avoid ground loops.

Teamkrazy
5th June 2014, 10:05 PM
thanks for the help rlage

micronflyer
10th June 2014, 10:25 PM
Here's my wiring on my DJI F550

http://s29.postimg.org/6anfruelj/Wiring.png

gtguard
18th July 2014, 02:55 PM
What software do you all use for wiring diagrams? Visio? Dia?

micronflyer
18th July 2014, 04:40 PM
I use Visio. If I didn't have that I'd use Microsoft Paint. This could easily be done with MS Paint.

gtguard
19th July 2014, 12:46 PM
I use Visio. If I didn't have that I'd use Microsoft Paint. This could easily be done with MS Paint.
Cool, thank you.

Falcon4
7th August 2014, 09:29 AM
I am working on a little QAV250 FPV and I was wondering what is a common wiring scheme for CC3D FC with OSD, any idea where I can find good examples?

Dust
7th August 2014, 11:14 AM
QAV is pretty simple and straight forward setup. Youll spend more time likely getting the FC tuned.

What OSD are you using or want to use?
TBS core would be an excellent choice for OSD and ease of wiring.

micronflyer
7th August 2014, 05:42 PM
I am working on a little QAV250 FPV and I was wondering what is a common wiring scheme for CC3D FC with OSD, any idea where I can find good examples?

Funny you should say that. I've just completed my qav250 with cc3d and a minimosd. Wiring was quite simple once you sussed out the pinouts. The challenge was getting the right minimosd code and character set loaded. Much trial and error. I'm. Working on a how to video this weekend detailing how to put it all together including wiring and code changes. Quite simple once I managed to gather the right info. I'm really pleased with the results. I've got the cc3d to give me all its telemetry data such as artificial horizon and pitch / yaw. It uses uavtalk and you need to flash the minimosd to read that protocol. Hopefully I'll have the video up by Saturday. Worth the effort.

micronflyer
7th August 2014, 07:12 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/hg2tgovcx/Drawing1.jpg
Here's a Visio of my MinimOSD to CC3D FC
As I say a video will be posted later this weekend.

gtguard
7th August 2014, 09:18 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/hg2tgovcx/Drawing1.jpg
Here's a Visio of my MinimOSD to CC3D FC
As I say a video will be posted later this weekend.

Is there a reason to have a ground connection to the minimosd?

micronflyer
7th August 2014, 09:34 PM
Is there a reason to have a ground connection to the minimosd?

I like to have a common earth on all my equipment. Never tried it without. Give it a go. Think the common earth is more of a reference point for video signalling in this scenario . It's been a while since my apprenticeship and I'm sure someone will agree or dis-agree. :-)

One thing I did miss out in the diagram is the supply voltage to the right hand side of the MinimOSD. The board is powered by 5v on the left (Supplied by the CC3D) and on the right from the Video transmitter. There is a solder bridge in the MinimOSD you can bridge so the whole board is supplied from once source.

micronflyer
7th August 2014, 09:39 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/enqnh1m81/Drawing2.jpg
Here's the ammended drawing showing the supply to the right hand side of the MinimOSD

Falcon4
7th August 2014, 10:52 PM
Micronflyer thank you for the image, but its quite tiny and I can't see anything. can you resend larger? Also which pins are you using to power CC3d?

micronflyer
7th August 2014, 11:28 PM
Micronflyer thank you for the image, but its quite tiny and I can't see anything. can you resend larger? Also which pins are you using to power CC3d?

I can see it on my PC when I zoom in my browser. You could right click the image and save it to your desktop to view in a separate image viewer. Anyway, The video in and out connections on the MinimOSD are as follows.
------Video Out-----
GND
12v
Vout
------------------------
and
------Video In--------
GND
12v
Vin
------------------------
I take the +ve (red wire) from the video transmitter (large plug) and connect it to the video out 12v pin and take the -ve (black wire) from the video transmitter (large plug) and connect it to the video out 12v pin

To be honest you could power it from anywhere. Even direct from the main flight battery. It just seemed convenient to keep the wiring down to a minimum. Or short the solder bridge on the MinimOSD and power from one side only.

See Ya
15th August 2014, 12:10 PM
Could someone show me a diagram for connecting the following components? I new to FPV and unfortunately I'm on mu own without help!
These are the components:
DJI iOSd ( I do know how to connect this to my PMU :) )
RMRC -DJI iOSD mini cable (with cam/tx labels)
Immersionrc video tx with included cables
RMRC 600 vx 600 tvl camera
RMRC 450 lipo
RMRC camera cable (4-wire for cameras with audio) (cable-Cam4)
I'm clueless as to how these go together! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Falcon4
17th August 2014, 04:32 AM
I been reading the documentation for CC3D and its interesting that there are many ways to power the board. Which options do you guys use?

"Power -MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTING POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE CORRECTLY.
CopterControl can be powered in several ways. Via the USB port, through the power pins on the servo headers or through the ReceiverPort connector (see the ports section for the port location)."

Using the ESC connection to provide power seems easy, but I would like to avoid modifying the ESC (since I may use them in another quad later). Can anyone please provide a actual picture of their power connection.

Georges41
24th August 2014, 02:13 AM
5085650857Hi,
Please help me to start working with my Upgraded MAVLinkOSD V2.0 board and FAT SHARK system. I downloaded the KV_Team_OSD 2.3 code to the board and suceeded to connect it with the KV_Team_GUI 2.3 application. I can read and modify the different parameters on the board.
In advence to connect the board to the MW AIO 2.3 board, I tryed to use the Simulator of the KV_Team_GUI 2.3 application. An example of the screen capture is shown in the attached file.
Unfortunately, I see any image on the Goggles. Of coarse the power supply of the FAT SHARK TX+CAM and the PC are separated.

What I missed? What checks up must I do?

Yours,
Georges

micronflyer
24th August 2014, 03:27 PM
5085650857Hi,
Please help me to start working with my Upgraded MAVLinkOSD V2.0 board and FAT SHARK system. I downloaded the KV_Team_OSD 2.3 code to the board and suceeded to connect it with the KV_Team_GUI 2.3 application. I can read and modify the different parameters on the board.
In advence to connect the board to the MW AIO 2.3 board, I tryed to use the Simulator of the KV_Team_GUI 2.3 application. An example of the screen capture is shown in the attached file.
Unfortunately, I see any image on the Goggles. Of coarse the power supply of the FAT SHARK TX+CAM and the PC are separated.

What I missed? What checks up must I do?

Yours,
Georges

Stupid question but this caught me out. Have you got a camera connected? You'll need one connected else you'll get no video from your Osd. If you have then I'm guessing by plugging your video straight into the video transmitter and bypassing the osd you get a video stream?

Georges41
25th August 2014, 12:42 AM
Stupid question but this caught me out. Have you got a camera connected? You'll need one connected else you'll get no video from your Osd. If you have then I'm guessing by plugging your video straight into the video transmitter and bypassing the osd you get a video stream?
Hi micronflyer,

Thank you for the answer. Yes, of coarse, I connected a camera to the FAT SHARK TX and checked the system. Maybe you did not read carrefuly my text. I wrote:
"Unfortunately, I see any image on the Goggles. Of coarse the power supply of the FAT SHARK + CAM and the PC are separated"

Georges

scrat
26th August 2014, 03:07 AM
Hi micronflyer,

Thank you for the answer. Yes, of coarse, I connected a camera to the FAT SHARK TX and checked the system. Maybe you did not read carrefuly my text. I wrote:
"Unfortunately, I see any image on the Goggles. Of coarse the power supply of the FAT SHARK + CAM and the PC are separated"

Georges

Hey Georges.

Please post a picture how do you have everything connected.

Georges41
26th August 2014, 04:02 AM
Hey Georges.

Please post a picture how do you have everything connected.

Hi, I am not sure if it is enough clear the photo.

wyattroa
8th January 2015, 03:20 PM
Does anyone by chance have a wiring diagram for the naze32, frisky d4r, and minimOSD?

BacklashRC
9th January 2015, 07:58 AM
Edit

Captain Dirtblender
28th January 2015, 03:59 PM
I hope this is "on-topic" enough for the Diagrams thread. I need to order some extra connectors for the s.port on my FrSky X4R-SB and can't seem to find just the right info. I believe it's probably a 4 pin mini jst connector, but I can't seem to confirm it anywhere. I know they don't cost much, but it would be great to order the right thing instead of several similar products until I find the right one. Can anyone here verify the size or name of this connector?

Thanks for your help

kennyuscg
30th May 2015, 11:58 AM
Where can I find your video of this set up? I followed your schematics and everything is great except my video only displays a message "No Mavlink". I'm guessing I flashed my MinimOSD with a wrong code..

If you can post a link to your video or post here, it'll be greatly appreciated!

Shifteer
3rd August 2015, 06:23 PM
Anyone seen any great instructions on connecting camera to ReadyMadeRC 1.3 400 watt vtx to Vector to EZUHF? I'm lost in the wires...

viper1
20th September 2016, 11:35 AM
I have a ZMR250 with a PDB, (I know, I shouldn't...)
ANY power I used from the board was to dirty for my video, I had a lot of interference from the motors and also had small "blackouts" on the MWOSD (rebooting) when the motors started up. (OSD powered from the SPR f3)
I have tried a load of different filters without any satisfying result.
I understand the little OSD is quite power hungry so a small dip in voltage would cause it to reboot.

What I came up with is to feed the video side of things from the balance plug on my 3S battery. I now have nice clean video so that works.
Also the OSD I want to give it's own power supply (Pololu) to prevent the OSD cutting out.

Could any of you very knowledgeable legends have a look at my video connections and double-check if I got it right? I don't want to let any magic smoke out.

So my controller is fed from the PDB BEC, my LED's from a ESC, and the OSD from the Pololu (5A ..overkill but tiny anyway)

Thanks in advance!

sparky0915
31st December 2016, 06:33 PM
I understand the little OSD is quite power hungry so
Also the OSD I want to give it's own power supply (Pololu) to prevent the OSD

Your wiring looks good .

I have the ZMR 250 with the pdb bottom plate . I was using the polou 5v regulator and for no reason that I can tell the 5v regulator failed and my quad dropped out of the sky. When I put it on the bench there wasn't any signs of arcing, it just stopped working. I won't be using pololu anytime soon. Also the pdb is a POS in my opinion, I've had to jumper power around all over that board because the traces are missing .

larryoakley
1st September 2019, 12:14 PM
Any diagram for a delta wing/pixhawk?