PDA

View Full Version : AIMDROIX Blackbird 250

Fusionman
14th July 2015, 09:30 PM
So I just bought one of these frames try out. Has anyone else out there purchased one or already flying one?

Flateric
14th July 2015, 10:27 PM
I am, quite like it so far, are you having an issue?

Fusionman
15th July 2015, 05:56 PM
Just built the frame...may get it flying by the weekend. Planning cc3d fc with clean flight

Flateric
15th July 2015, 08:18 PM
Same setup here, so we can compare notes!

:)

k_mcmanemin
23rd July 2015, 08:13 AM
Hey do you guys have a good set up for the blackbird. you keen to share your PIDs if you do. Im using a naze32 in cleanflight. Ive just come over from open pilot and it was alot easier to tune in there. I dont really know what im doing so it would take me ages. it was wobbling but i think Ive fixed that now. Just need to perfect it.

MAYMIDROIX
29th July 2015, 01:42 PM
Hey do you guys have a good set up for the blackbird. you keen to share your PIDs if you do. Im using a naze32 in cleanflight. Ive just come over from open pilot and it was alot easier to tune in there. I dont really know what im doing so it would take me ages. it was wobbling but i think Ive fixed that now. Just need to perfect it.

Post an screen shot of your PIDS and I'll be able to help you on your setup.

Fusionman
17th August 2015, 09:55 PM
So I just bought one of these frames try out. Has anyone else out there purchased one or already flying one?

Ok so here its is, Finally got to put together the Blackbird....E-Max 2204, Bullnose Props preferred, CC3D "might try clean flight later" 5.8 Lumenier Video TX and RMRC 700XVN FPV Cam. Mobius for HD...

https://youtu.be/6tlNH0wA93w

MAYMIDROIX
24th August 2015, 05:02 PM
Ok so here its is, Finally got to put together the Blackbird....E-Max 2204, Bullnose Props preferred, CC3D "might try clean flight later" 5.8 Lumenier Video TX and RMRC 700XVN FPV Cam. Mobius for HD...

https://youtu.be/6tlNH0wA93w

Nice video. From the video, the PIDS looks pretty good and you can also notice how well the damping balls works isolating the vibrations of the frame. The image look perfect.

Djinnphiz
29th August 2015, 12:03 AM
Just started building one as well...

A friend of mine who designs aircraft – Aeropract in the Ukraine – suggested NOT to tilt both front and back motors but only the rear pair. He suggested that the flight would be more stable in this configuration.Has anyone had any experience of their Blackbird with / without tilted motors in this manner..?

As with the EVO, I found that there was a part missing – one of the transversal black-tube stabilisers. Unfortunately – and unlike the excellent manual that the Manufacturer supplies online for the EVO, the Blackbird's images – as shown online and which seemingly pass for a "manual" – are pretty crap: and so assembly, whilst not complicated, does require a little imagination as well as a little bit of refining in terms of scraping away small areas to allow for a perfect fit.

Its all part of the fun, isn't it...? :))

I'm using 2000 Kva T-Motors, the extended arms and 6" CF props 20 Amp Lumenier SimonK mini ESCs...Intend to run it with 5200 mAh x 4S x 10C ... The larger battery has required a modification as it simply doesn't fit (unsurprisingly!!) – and so I'm mounting the whole unit on a pair of Align 600 series Helicopter skids so that the LiPo can hang beneath.

Definitely not the profile of a "race" machine – but then again this is not my intention. I'm looking for range, flight time and discretion.

Using a Mobius for the Vid recording and a Sony 960H EffioV 800 TV lines with 3.6mm lens for the FPV.

Flight Controller: SPRacing3 – RX 2.4 Ghz. ImmersionRc 600 mw VTX @ 5.8 Ghz (for the signal strength), Nimrod Antenna on aircraft (Horizon UK), FR632 Diversity RX with Nimrod and Mini Blackhawk antennas (Horizon UK) on Base Station with optional wired-in Fatshark Dominator goggles. FLYTREX Data-logging and tracking, G4-based online security "flight follower".

Intended flight profile – 1.0 > 1.5 kms.

Lets see how it all works out – will post pics when completed.

Fusionman
29th August 2015, 12:10 AM
Thought I might try that...with both motors tilted it cruises fast and does not want to stop.

Fusionman
9th September 2015, 11:08 AM
New video up....

https://youtu.be/ZMCT8PaUDKE

Fusionman
9th September 2015, 11:02 PM
I ended up sticking with CC3D and open pilot...it seems sensitive to high yaw rates and will wobble at high speeds at full throttle.

Fusionman
9th September 2015, 11:06 PM
Post an screen shot of your PIDS and I'll be able to help you on your setup.

Do you have suggestions for open pilot settings? It fly's very smooth as long as the yaw rate stays at the lower settings. I typically fly 3 cells.

Fusionman
11th October 2015, 10:47 PM
Do you have suggestions for open pilot settings? It fly's very smooth as long as the yaw rate stays at the lower settings. I typically fly 3 cells.

Flying great....not much tuning other than backing off yaw rate.

https://youtu.be/E9uWQUYn118

MAYMIDROIX
28th October 2015, 03:31 PM
The blackbird arms geometry makes it to fly very different from regular quads. If you leave the front motors parallel to the frame and tilt just the rear. It will fly pretty fast but it's not good for tight turns. I'm currently using the front and rear arms parallel to the frame and it's giving me the vest control all around.

Fusionman
28th October 2015, 06:26 PM
The blackbird arms geometry makes it to fly very different from regular quads. If you leave the front motors parallel to the frame and tilt just the rear. It will fly pretty fast but it's not good for tight turns. I'm currently using the front and rear arms parallel to the frame and it's giving me the vest control all around.
I fly it with both front and rear at 20 fwd tilt...I like it's speed and I have no problem with tight turns...[emoji3]

Binary Kung Fu
16th November 2015, 12:46 AM

Could you guys share some pics of your build I would see how nice these quads are?

Fusionman
16th November 2015, 09:44 AM
Could you guys share some pics of your build I would see how nice these quads are?
I'll post some more stuff when I get back to my PC tonight. Love it so far

Binary Kung Fu
16th November 2015, 10:09 AM
I'll post some more stuff when I get back to my PC tonight. Love it so far

Thanks I'm looking forward to checking out your build later tonight. I saw your last YouTube video that quad flys really smooth.

MAYMIDROIX
18th November 2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks I'm looking forward to checking out your build later tonight. I saw your last YouTube video that quad flys really smooth.

There are a lot of pictures of build in the facebook group that I have. https://www.facebook.com/groups/aimdroix/

Fusionman
22nd November 2015, 10:11 PM

I cant seem to post pictures on this forum anymore...working on that, here's the link to one shot, let me know if that works.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPhclnKGgGA6_qcb7uIuTkgYYg71uSdWHVUnYOp