PDA

View Full Version : EZ* Altitude test with 5.8 vid

benzzz
24th February 2012, 05:52 PM
Plane: EZ* EZ UHF / 5.8 Video / GS Antenna tracker with 1- 8db patch and IBCrazy's Blue Beacon CP
Distance: 300-600 m
Altitude: 3785 ft

At 1.15km up Video really crapped out :( And so did the EZUHF

Not sure how to get much more out of this 5.8

http://youtu.be/A4UH2SGxHaU

whakahere
24th February 2012, 05:55 PM
damn youtube won't let me see it and hidemyass isn't working either :(

Hans
25th February 2012, 11:31 AM
damn youtube won't let me see it and hidemyass isn't working either :(

It is actually pretty cool. Let me talk you thrue it :) :
- Intro with a song from Lenny Kravtiz
- logo's of different vendors appear for a few seconds
- caption says 15kph, disappears
- aerial footage of about 25% ground, 75% sky, obvious ascending of aircraft
- some noise @ 33sec. no biggie
- left turn, noise
- snow-scenery
- 1.08 caption appears: Altitude 3785feet (1.15)km
- slo-mo with more noise (really exciting now, almost an action movie)
- 1:20 heading down -> aircraft decents
- 2:10 end, overview of achievement like max. airspeed and so on.
- music fades, thanks for watching.
- list of used gear appears

-

Shadrackc
25th February 2012, 12:09 PM
Your EZUHF crapped out? Seriously? Thought that was good for a lot further than that. Sanders pipe in on that?

aeryck
25th February 2012, 12:23 PM
If i had to guess its probably because he was relatively close to home at that altitude and he was flying in the vertical nulls of the antenna. That's one possibility, anyway.

benzzz
25th February 2012, 12:59 PM
I actually have gone 600ft up and 1 km out and RSSI hit 90 and the Y thing read 20..... Alarm came on screen and EZ* went into fail safe. Fail safe is set to bank left with a little up elevon.

Not too sure whats up with this UHF as I am the only one in our group of 10 that fly alot every weekend that uses EZ stuff. Everyone else uses DL.... :(

benzzz
25th February 2012, 01:01 PM
It is actually pretty cool. Let me talk you thrue it :) :
- Intro with a song from Lenny Kravtiz
- logo's of different vendors appear for a few seconds
- caption says 15kph, disappears
- aerial footage of about 25% ground, 75% sky, obvious ascending of aircraft
- some noise @ 33sec. no biggie
- left turn, noise
- snow-scenery
- 1.08 caption appears: Altitude 3785feet (1.15)km
- slo-mo with more noise (really exciting now, almost an action movie)
- 1:20 heading down -> aircraft decents
- 2:10 end, overview of achievement like max. airspeed and so on.
- music fades, thanks for watching.
- list of used gear appears

-

LOL Thanks for that walk through.... :)

londonguy
25th February 2012, 01:14 PM
I can't really tell from your video but how long did you ride out the interference? You got an ez*star, at that height you can afford to ride it for ages. It definitely comes and goes, it's worth going through to the other side. Try slow turns, it usually improves in a particular orientation.

What VTX setup do you have?

I have a 200mw 5.8 rc305 combination with skew planar/clover antenna's. Today i reached my max altitude so far of 1250 meters. (4100ft)

And as aeryck pointing out, video craps out at that altitude when you get too close. The only way I could keep a clear picture was by staying at least 1km away from myself. At 700 meters it's VERY dodgy at that height. Complete black out for 5-6 seconds sort of dodgy.

At lower heights I managed to get 2km out before I turned around, picture was still solid but started to get hazy.

I'd say for me that is the limit of what I'll take this current setup, I'm not about to experiment with a 1000 in the air.

benzzz
25th February 2012, 01:20 PM
What VTX setup do you have?

I have a 200mw 5.8 rc305 combination with skew planar/clover antenna's. Today i reached my max altitude so far of 1250 meters. (4100ft)

And as aeryck pointing out, video craps out at that altitude when you get too close. The only way I could keep a clear picture was by staying at least 1km away from myself. At 700 meters it's VERY dodgy at that height. Complete black out for 5-6 seconds sort of dodgy.

At lower heights I managed to get 2km out before I turned around, picture was still solid but started to get hazy.

I'd say for me that is the limit of what I'll take this current setup, I'm not about to experiment with a 1000 in the air.

I am using 600mw 5.8tx and Immersion RC's Diversity Duo receiver. On plane 1 ibcrazy bluebeam antenna on GS using other bluebeam and 8dbi flat patch on EZtracker

benzzz
25th February 2012, 04:21 PM
I can't really tell from your video but how long did you ride out the interference? You got an ez*star, at that height you can afford to ride it for ages. It definitely comes and goes, it's worth going through to the other side. Try slow turns, it usually improves in a particular orientation.

It went black screen for 5-8 seconds. I realize at that height you have time but you know the feeling you start to get when there is no video. I am going out with the guys tomorrow to a more remote location(farm fields) and going to try again. Thing that gets me is WHY is the EZUHF coughing out at 1km away but fine at 300m away and over 1km up Well RSSI in video shows 74 ?
BTW Video at 1 km away if I remember was clear. Didn't record that flight :mad:

I am going to do a firmware update on all this Immersion stuff this afternoon and rebind and get ready for tomorrow.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Blizzard1287
25th February 2012, 05:28 PM
Do you have a laptop? You could use the Immersion Tool's scan feature with the Rx to see if there are sources of RFI near by. Could be your antennas also?

benzzz
25th February 2012, 05:47 PM
Yes that is something I can do.Thanks.

LOL I Updated all the firmare on tx rx osd and antenna tracker.... now there is no LED display on antenna tracker... Anyone know why? or how to fix?

I went from a 1.03 firmware to a 1.10........