PDA

View Full Version : How to fix micro jst connector of my fpv camera?

FPVChameleon
6th February 2012, 12:30 PM
Hello all,
I just noticed that one of the cables that connect to one of the pins of my micro jst connector (which plugs into the KX181H fpv camera) is about to break. Only a tiny bit of video signal cable is holding the plug. Voltage and ground are just fine.

How should I fix this connector. It looks like I should find a new connector and just the cable and solder the new one but I couldn't find any place that sells this kind of connector locally.

You can see the connector that I need below. (this is a picture that I found in google, its not my own :)

http://www.rc-connectors.com/images/IMGP1557.jpg

FinalFrag
6th February 2012, 12:34 PM
I completely broke mine in half in a crash yesterday. The bottom part of the plug was stuck inside my camera and the top part was still attached to the cable.

I just took my hot glue gun, held the cable to the camera and started to smear away :D Now it's a big miss with strings of hotglue going everywhere... but the video signal is solid :) I can't disconnect the cable from the camera anymore, but that's ok for me...

These plugs are a bitch the find... I've bought a ton of spektrum sattelite cables just to get the plugs :)

FPVChameleon
6th February 2012, 12:40 PM
Hi FinalFrag,

I found the plugs in ebay. Seller is from hongkong and sells them in 10 pack (male wired, just like in the picture above) for 4.95 USD
I ordered them but it will take a couple of weeks to arrive. I hope I can find a local store that sells it or I will have to wait so long for my next flight. Just don't wanna mess with the hot glue improper ways to connect the cable to camera...

henkvdw
6th February 2012, 01:13 PM
If you are handy with a soldering iron, you could open the VTx and solder wires directly to the backside of the connector soldered to the board. Will require a steady hand, soldering skills and a magnifying glass though.