PDA

View Full Version : Headtracker pan keeps moving [SOLVED]

Cleaner
12th January 2015, 05:45 PM
Hi there, Iīm new to this Forum and have tried to find an answer to my problem by browsing but without any results. So I really hope you can give a needed push in the right dirction to get this over with.

My Setup:
MX16 hott
Dominator V2
Headtracker Trinity
ESOSD
myflydream aat

So here it goes.. It doesnīt matter on which channel I connect the servo for headtracker pan servo, it keeps moving slowly to the middle after only a few moves the centerpoint is way off!! It just doesnīt stay on one spot except at the endpoints left an right. Even tried to set a new middle it keeps moving.

Tried every channelconnection as well as programming (5&6, 6&7 6&8 etc)

Connected different servos with the same result. When I put the panservo on the "nick&roll" from the Googles it works, servo moves and stays stabil. When I connect the nick servo to the pan on the goggles it starts moving again.

Also I sent the first headtracker module back to the retailer, got a new one, still the same result.

So before I try changing the Hardware again I thought maybe anyone have had the same Problems here, Google couldnīt help here either.

Would really appriciate any suggestions!!

Best wishes

daggad
12th January 2015, 06:31 PM
I never had this problem with my DomV1, but it happens with my Dom HDs from time to time. It seems to be far more sensitive to the surroundings. Indoor it is terrible but standing alone on a field it seems ok. I have not tested it on my V2s yet but I have the Trinity (beta from my V1) in those as well.
I really hope Fatshark would jump in on this and explain. I see others are having the same issue.

hpcoolahan
12th January 2015, 07:55 PM
For starters , indoors you have a ton of things that are spewing off noise , anything metal can throw off the magnetometer as the HT tries to initiate and calibrate..... hell , even standing right next to your car will throw it off on startup (big piece of metal).
The "drifting" has been explained by Greg before , either the above issue interfering with the initialization (or moving the goggles as its doing so) , and the other reason is 99% of the time a poorly seated HT cable .
Another thing is that you do not have the HT cable plugged into the radio when you start the goggles , I'v noticed this occasionally) this can also affect the initialization of the HT .

daggad
13th January 2015, 03:21 AM
Well I tried 2 different HT cables and even outdoors it was nearly impossible use on one of my rigs as the "drifting" steadily moved the yaw 180deg. I had to keep spinning myself to center it.. :D
It is very strange because on my Dom V1 and beta Trinity I NEVER had a cm drift either way, indoors our out.

Cleaner
13th January 2015, 04:02 PM
Hello there,

thanks for the Feedback so far. Itīs good to know that Iīm not the only one with this problem.

So I took my gear and went outside. Out on the fields, 20 m/ 60 feet away from my car, connect only the headtracker and got the same drifiting results.

The way I connect everything together was tried in every possible way, and surprise, no change there. Connection of the HT cable was carefully checked aswell.

The next two things Iīm going to do is order a new HT cable just to make sure. Second is uploading a video by YouTube, name it "Headtracker keeps moving".

If you want check the moving for yourself.

What Iīve noticed is that after plugging the power in, the servo pan moves quickly to the left and right just once. Itīs the only servo who does that. This is something Iīm going after aswell.

If anyone else have similar experience, please share.

Keep you posted.

Best wishes

daggad
13th January 2015, 04:19 PM
A bad cable could be your problem, no doubt about that. Keep us updated !

But regarding cables..I hate that the HT cables and A/V cables that we can get for these googles are stiff and cheap. I would gladly pay for soft quality cables. This is probably a bigger problem for us in colder climate but still. DIY maybe ??

Daemon
13th January 2015, 07:33 PM
Dropped in to ask about the same problem, and spotted this thread.
I'm seeing the same issue. I recently switched from a mechanical
HT (is bulky but never drifts) to using the Trinity module in my new Dom
V2s and the constant drift toward center is driving me nuts.
On my last flight, it was drifting so fast I basically couldn't
pan at all. Within a second and a half it had gone back to center from
full 90 degree pan, and of course when I straightened my head
it then panned off angle the other way, then quickly drifted back
to center. Totally unusable.
After that flight I very carefully re-powered, allowing zero
movement of the goggles and this reduced the speed of the drift toward center
but does not eliminate it.

Is it even possible to totally eliminate all drift while panned, or is
a slow drift toward center considered a feature? I know it
was a feature on older 2 axis gyro based HTs because they suffered
from severe geometric drift and didn't have magnetic compasses to use
as an absolute reference.
The Trinity with full 6axis IMU+mag it should not have to do this.
Is there by any chance a compass calibration routine?

BTW, how would the cable cause this? This isn't a PPM glitch.
It's a very deliberate drift toward center which has to be in the logic
between IMU and PPM output.

Cleaner
14th January 2015, 05:10 PM
The try with a different HT cable is just out of pure desperation.. Iīm quite sure this wonīt change a thing but is one of the last steps I can try, after this it goes to the fatshark trinity Support, after this iīll send my goggles with module back to the retailer to let them test it.

You can check out some Videos on YouTube and there is no movement or drift intended. Thats why everybody is so happy about the new module. apparently (http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/apparently.html) there was an issue about the old Version of keeping the centerpoint after quick moves...

Did you try to rearrange the cableconnection? Like I wrote before, the horizontal movement is allright when I control it by the nick and roll movenment of the goggles.

daggad
14th January 2015, 05:14 PM
I really hope we can hear more from Fatshark about this. I have used the Trinity A LOT...and these problems are new to the Dom HD and V2, not present on my V1s at all.

Cleaner
15th January 2015, 05:27 PM
So got the new HT cable today and tried it out. And? No Change at all!!
Really hope to hear something from Fatshark aswell.

hpcoolahan
16th January 2015, 02:16 AM
Have all you guys also tried re-seating the HT module as well ?

Cleaner
16th January 2015, 06:19 PM
Tried today with different Transmitter. And? Surprise, no drifting at all!!!!

Got my hands on a dx 8 today and tested it with great success!!! It worked like it is supposed to do!! No drifting or moving. So that narrows it down to the mx16 hott.

Does it make any sense? Donīt know yet. mx16 hott is supposed to work with the tinity module, thatīs one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

Re-seating the module was tried before. But we are going to figure it out, finally.

So far thanks to the supportteam and everybody else.

Dagged, if youīve got the possibility, try with a different Transmitter and please post your result.

daggad
17th January 2015, 06:36 PM
I used my old Trinity with the same Taranis radio without any problems. But will investigate when the weather gets a little warmer.. ;)

Cleaner
18th January 2015, 10:56 AM
So, thatīs it. Sending my gear back to the shop. After reassuring and douple-checking I got the same drifts with the dx 8 aswell. Sick and tired of this and that this is not a common Thing it has to be either goggles or module, donīt care anymore.

Thanks and goodbye

theailer
18th January 2015, 12:09 PM
There is an excellent diy headtracker over on RcGroups by a guy called dennis fries I think. I have one and bought a module to put it in my fatsharks.Works like a charm if your interested.

Daemon
21st January 2015, 11:47 PM
Today I went out to fly and was extremely deliberate to
1. Power up the goggles with no movement what-so-ever
2. To do it away from any metal or sources of interference
3. Let it acclimate to the outdoor temperature
4. Had previously reseated the trinity module in my V2s

and... it still drifts toward center, slowly, but continuously.

hpcoolahan
22nd January 2015, 12:35 AM
Daemon , only way to suss this out is to send the tracker to a repair centre for testing (thats what Greg said)
support@fatshark.com if you want to.

FatShark
22nd January 2015, 04:06 AM
The Trinity head tracker was designed and released before the DOMV2 or DOMHD was released. The head tracker relies on a stable magnetic field. Its quite possible that the DVR or different placement of the switching components is affecting the head tracker performance - there is a lot of electronics jammed into a small enclosure. I didn't see any affects of this and every DOMHD's HT is tested inside the DOMHD headset before shipping so it hasn't come up as an issue. The only way this can be solved is if someone returns a headset to a repair center for inspection and possibly we may need to send on to the head tracker vendor to solve. I can't solve it by guessing and I don't have any products here that exhibit this behavour that I can use for troubleshooting.

Brundlefly
1st February 2015, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6akhT0ljnY

Please have a look at my setup, if it's the same drifting issue that other people have encountered... was wondering if anyone sent in their goggles for testing or if there was any suggestions..

Dominator HD w/ trinity
Fatshark CMOS pan/tilt/roll
Spektrum dx7s w/ 1.03 update
Spektrum ar8000 channel 5/6 (no roll)

Performs the same way in flight...

Thanks!

Cleaner
5th February 2015, 04:32 PM
Hi there,

quick update:

Ordered a new HT module and a new pair of the V2, third module, and sent them back because, as you will guess, the same drifting.

After getting in contact with the support-Team my goggles and module are now on the way to the uk, repair Center. They will check them and hopefully fix this issue.

Weīll see how this will work out.

Cheers

Brundlefly
5th February 2015, 09:32 PM
Hi there,

quick update:

Ordered a new HT module and a new pair of the V2, third module, and sent them back because, as you will guess, the same drifting.

After getting in contact with the support-Team my goggles and module are now on the way to the uk, repair Center. They will check them and hopefully fix this issue.

Weīll see how this will work out.

Cheers

Hey Cleaner,

Thanks for posting this, I'm very interested to hear what is causing the drifting issue like the video above and how it can be fixed. Everything I have tried has not been able to keep it from doing it, and would like to see it work properly. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Daemon
14th February 2015, 10:55 PM
Followup on this issue.
I had noticed that initializing the goggles in some directions (always level, but pointing different compass
directions) seemed to affect how much it drifted, so I did the following.
I stand up, move away ground station (as I always had before), stand very
still, hold the goggles to my stomach, perfectly level, while pointing my body due North. Then power
(or repower) and hold still for a few more seconds. Since I've started using that procedure
I'm seeing little or no drift. Maybe it's a fluke, but it's been working the last few days
of flying through several power cycles a day. The goggles are usually also on for a few
minutes before I do that, so they've reached operating temp and so forth.

Brundlefly
16th February 2015, 03:01 PM
Followup on this issue.
I had noticed that initializing the goggles in some directions (always level, but pointing different compass
directions) seemed to affect how much it drifted, so I did the following.
I stand up, move away ground station (as I always had before), stand very
still, hold the goggles to my stomach, perfectly level, while pointing my body due North. Then power
(or repower) and hold still for a few more seconds. Since I've started using that procedure
I'm seeing little or no drift. Maybe it's a fluke, but it's been working the last few days
of flying through several power cycles a day. The goggles are usually also on for a few
minutes before I do that, so they've reached operating temp and so forth.

Will give this a try next time.. this may help set the compass and the possible interference it's getting from the goggles.

Brundlefly
20th March 2015, 12:08 AM
Hey Cleaner

Been over a month now, wondering if they were able to come up with a cause/solution for the headtracker drifting.. have done a few flights and it has ranged from not so bad to gotta land cause it's all over the place! Sure would be nice to know how to fix it or if it needs to be replaced. Thanks

Tgoraj
23rd March 2015, 02:36 PM
Hello All, Having the same issue on my DOM Hd's which came with the Trinity module. I am also experiencing "twitching" of both the pan and tilt servos. when I unplug the HT cable from the goggles, the twitching stops. The twitching occurs every second or two and its almost like a heartbeat. at first I didn't think it would be noticeable in the air but it is. I also have my Mobius on the same Pan and tilt system so my HD videos have the "twitch" in them. its so annoying. anyone seeing this along with the drift?

Brundlefly
23rd March 2015, 05:35 PM
Hello All, Having the same issue on my DOM Hd's which came with the Trinity module. I am also experiencing "twitching" of both the pan and tilt servos. when I unplug the HT cable from the goggles, the twitching stops. The twitching occurs every second or two and its almost like a heartbeat. at first I didn't think it would be noticeable in the air but it is. I also have my Mobius on the same Pan and tilt system so my HD videos have the "twitch" in them. its so annoying. anyone seeing this along with the drift?

Hi, mine does a slow crawl towards center, most noticeable at 45 angle left and right. Only the horizontal axis does this, vertical is not affected.

Daemon
25th March 2015, 11:18 PM
After a whole bunch of days without seeing this issue (following the re-boot cycle described above),
at last event, I could not get it to stop drifting despite re-powering the goggles about a dozen times.
Wasn't just drifting toward center either, but was drifting away from center, sometimes to the right, and
sometimes to the left. I wasted 2 full flights trying to get it working. I need to do some more testing, but
the only thing different was I was using the battery instead of powering through the cable. Was forced
to switch to battery, because the power connection on the cable failed (2nd one now).

daggad
26th March 2015, 05:16 PM
Fatshark: I am seeing the same. Never ever had a mm drift with my Dom V1. Are you not able to see any of this in your own tests ?

FatShark
26th March 2015, 09:36 PM
Nobody has yet sent a system back to a repair center for inspection. We just did a 100% incoming test of the last delivery of bare head trackers and found <.5% rejects (for motion). There are 2 possible causes for the instability; unstable voltage supply (bad connection, frayed battery wires) that may cause changes in the reference voltages on the sensors or 2) electromagnetic influence from nearby components such as the DVR or the switcher on the DVR board (which is in relatively close proximity to the HT sensors). I've not seen it and its not been widely reported so I can only conject that there maybe some noisy switcher regulator circuits on some units. I won't know until I can get a suspect system back for analysis.

daggad
27th March 2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks, hope we can find out. I have my old "beta" Trinity in my V2s Next time I will see if that one performs better.

Killerbean
27th March 2015, 09:20 PM
+1 for daggad.
I am experiencing the same.
Besides from the little drift it works okay.

I am having more trouble on the ground, then in the air :-)

FatShark
28th March 2015, 05:18 AM
Thanks, hope we can find out. I have my old "beta" Trinity in my V2s Next time I will see if that one performs better.

That would be helpful. Thanks.

Cleaner
4th April 2015, 04:20 PM
Hey everybody,

so here is the status after testing and sending my goggles to the repairshop.

Was able to narrow it down to the either the Transmitter or the goggles. You can disconnect everthing, put in the HT cable and watch the drift on the screen of the transmitter while checking the servoways, you know, where the % of movement of every single servo is shown.

Hereīs the part from repaircenter:

So I got my goggles back from the repair Center in England. He checked the goggles with his Futaba. Hereīs what he wrote

The tracker unit is set to default and I was using a Futaba FF7 connected via the trainer port.
Where are you testing the head tracker as they do not work that well indoors or near any magnetic field as the internal compass is very sensitive. I tested it outside away from the building.
The headset needs to be held very still and the reset button pressed, it sometimes takes a few resets.

He also changed the module again, just to make sure. But for my testing nothing changed!! Sorry to dissapoint you. But, but, there is always a but, isnīt it?? :)

Tomorrow Iīll fly and test again, maybe it wonīt be that bad up in the air. After this I got the ok to send my goggles back to the repair shop again, this time with my Transmitter so that he can see what the drift is like for him self, because he couldnīt recreate the drift as bad as i have it on purpose, even with trying.

So you see, end of the story is still to come. Hang in there.

Best regards

P. S. Like fatshark posted that the dvr could maybe be responsable for the drift, wonīt it be possible to "shield" the module away from it??

Brundlefly
4th April 2015, 11:06 PM
Hey Cleaner,
Thanks for the update, it's good this is getting closer to the answer... I run mine through a Spektrum Dx7s via the trainer port and would be very surprised if it's the tx that's doing it. I was wondering too if some copper shielding inside the goggles would be the solution, or if it would just interfere with the trinity.

Keep us posted.
Thanks

Daemon
5th April 2015, 03:09 AM
Doesn't sound to me like we're really any closer to a resolution.

Not clear to me what he means about hitting the "reset button".
As far as I know the HT button only brings it back to center, and
enables/disables the HT (and gets you into programming mode at startup), but
is not a "reset" button that affects mag/gyro calibration.
I always have to repower the goggles when I attempt to re-calibrate the HT.
Hitting the button (centering, or enable/disable) has zero effect on the drift.

I only ever enable the HT when I'm out in the field, and it's always
away from *all* metallic objects. I'm not messing with it in my house or near a car.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it's unusable, and drives my flying buddies nuts
because they want to launch and go fly formation with me and I'm wasting several
minutes trying to get my damn HT to stop drifting. I'm about one more bad session
away from pulling the Trinity module and figuring out how to implement my old reliable
mechanical HT on top of my Dom V2s.

FatShark
28th April 2015, 06:37 AM
Doesn't sound to me like we're really any closer to a resolution.

Not clear to me what he means about hitting the "reset button".
As far as I know the HT button only brings it back to center, and
enables/disables the HT (and gets you into programming mode at startup), but
is not a "reset" button that affects mag/gyro calibration.
I always have to repower the goggles when I attempt to re-calibrate the HT.
Hitting the button (centering, or enable/disable) has zero effect on the drift.

I only ever enable the HT when I'm out in the field, and it's always
away from *all* metallic objects. I'm not messing with it in my house or near a car.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it's unusable, and drives my flying buddies nuts
because they want to launch and go fly formation with me and I'm wasting several
minutes trying to get my damn HT to stop drifting. I'm about one more bad session
away from pulling the Trinity module and figuring out how to implement my old reliable
mechanical HT on top of my Dom V2s.

We finally got someone to return a drifting unit back to a repair center and we've found the cause; the slider rods in the LCD module for the adjustable IPD were made from steel rods plated in stainless steel - not full stainless steel. I.e. if handled incorrectly during assembly (dropped, in contact with a magnetized tool, etc) the rods themselves can pick up a slight magnetic polarity. The proximity of the rods to the head tracker caused incorrect readings in the compass sensor causing the drift. Replacing the rods with non-magnetized rods fixed the drifting. We're now working with our vendor to get full stainless steel or another non-magnetic rods made and introduced into production and to repair centers for people experiencing the drifting.

Tgoraj
28th April 2015, 08:14 AM
I was able to get the drift to stop by cycling the power a few times, but the twitching is still present. is it possible this issue with the steel rods is causing the twitch? that is more annoying than the drift IMO.

Brundlefly
28th April 2015, 02:12 PM
We finally got someone to return a drifting unit back to a repair center and we've found the cause; the slider rods in the LCD module for the adjustable IPD were made from steel rods plated in stainless steel - not full stainless steel. I.e. if handled incorrectly during assembly (dropped, in contact with a magnetized tool, etc) the rods themselves can pick up a slight magnetic polarity. The proximity of the rods to the head tracker caused incorrect readings in the compass sensor causing the drift. Replacing the rods with non-magnetized rods fixed the drifting. We're now working with our vendor to get full stainless steel or another non-magnetic rods made and introduced into production and to repair centers for people experiencing the drifting.

Really good to hear this problem has been tracked down (no pun intended).. Please let us know when they can be sent in for the fix, although it will be hard to be without these with the vortex on it's way!

Cleaner
30th April 2015, 06:57 PM
Hello everybody, specially brundlefly,

thx for hanging in there, took some time to get down to the bottom.

As youīve already read fatshark was able to figured it out what the Problem caused. Didnīt get my stuff back yet so I canīt confirm the solution, but hell yeah I want to believe in ....

Here the answer from Team fatshark:

I think we have finally got to the bottom of this problem, I powered the HT from just the power board and the drift disappeared so the problem was within the goggles. After a lot of testing we finally found that the slider rods that hold the lens assembly together are causing the issue due to them becoming magnetised. We are not sure how this has happened and this explains why there are not many reported cases and we have had trouble duplicating it.
I have replaced the offending rods and the HT has tested without any drifting. See the attached video, sorry for the poor quality but the system doesn't allow large files to be attached.

Is there any doubt that they took the Problem seriously? Greg himself was in on it!!

Iīm going to post one more post on this threat (hopefully the last one about this issue) when I get the goggles back and made some testing off my self.

Special thanks goes to Dave, for the effort, time, Patience and persistance to get it done. Like I wrote to fatshark before, I hope fatshark can use this hole issue to help you guys as well as to prevent anything like this in the future.

For so far

Best wishes

Brundlefly
30th April 2015, 08:56 PM
Hello everybody, specially brundlefly,

thx for hanging in there, took some time to get down to the bottom.

As youīve already read fatshark was able to figured it out what the Problem caused. Didnīt get my stuff back yet so I canīt confirm the solution, but hell yeah I want to believe in ....

Here the answer from Team fatshark:

I think we have finally got to the bottom of this problem, I powered the HT from just the power board and the drift disappeared so the problem was within the goggles. After a lot of testing we finally found that the slider rods that hold the lens assembly together are causing the issue due to them becoming magnetised. We are not sure how this has happened and this explains why there are not many reported cases and we have had trouble duplicating it.
I have replaced the offending rods and the HT has tested without any drifting. See the attached video, sorry for the poor quality but the system doesn't allow large files to be attached.

Is there any doubt that they took the Problem seriously? Greg himself was in on it!!

Iīm going to post one more post on this threat (hopefully the last one about this issue) when I get the goggles back and made some testing off my self.

Special thanks goes to Dave, for the effort, time, Patience and persistance to get it done. Like I wrote to fatshark before, I hope fatshark can use this hole issue to help you guys as well as to prevent anything like this in the future.

For so far

Best wishes

Hey Cleaner,

Good to know that this company stands by it's product and it shows that if you stay positive and work with people things like this can be fixed! Thank you for sending in your goggles and for keeping us posted, it really made a difference. :)

Aardwolf
25th May 2015, 08:50 AM
Just some input:

I've been having the same problem with the pan returning to center, and then overshooting when I return my head to the center position. It was impossible to fly like that.

Not wanting to wait for a fix, or sending my goggles overseas to a repair center(would be a very lengthy/risky process from where I live), I decided to have a crack at replacing the IPD slider rods myself.

It was quite easy once I got the guts to open up the goggles. The 2.5mm rods just slide out if you pull on them with pliers (and they tested to be very attracted to a magnet!), and I replaced them with two (grade 304 or 316??) austenitic stainless steel rods which I then hot glued to stay in position (cut them from a cooking grid found in my girlfriend's kitchen :p shhh ), and I tested a spare piece to have no attraction to a magnet.

The result:
The drifting seems to have completely disappeared. I've flown 5 flights now with no issues (except one time it started drifting away from centre rapidly, but quickly resetting the head tracker fixed that).

Thanks to all for helping to find, and to Fatshark, for explaining the issue. Hope everyone gets their goggles sorted out quickly!

daggad
26th May 2015, 03:25 AM
Most of us are quite handy with a screwdriver. Any chance we can just have a new stainless steel plate sendt to us and do the fix ourselves ?

Aardwolf
26th May 2015, 03:33 AM
Most of us are quite handy with a screwdriver. Any chance we can just have a new stainless steel plate sendt to us and do the fix ourselves ?

If you're as impatient as me, just try and find any 2 stainless steel rods, 2.5mm in diameter, and 75mm long, or as long as the existing ones (mine was 73.6mm long if I remember correctly, but the length doesn't seem too critical.

daggad
26th May 2015, 03:53 AM
Thank you so these are not bendt in any way just acting as spacers for the IPD knobs ?

Aardwolf
26th May 2015, 04:15 AM
Not bent, just two straight, 2.5mm diameter stainless steel rods holding the two lenses in position, relative to a center piece. Each rod goes through the left eye piece, the center piece, and then the right eye piece. The left and right eye pieces slide easily along the rods, and with a a little bit of a pull with pliers, the rods will slide through the center piece as well. Open it up and you will see exactly what I mean.

And after you've slid in the new rods, just apply a little bit of hot glue where the rods meet the center piece, so the rod doesn't slide freely through the center piece again (just the left and right eye pieces should slide freely relative to the center piece).

Just be careful when opening the goggles and separating the top and bottom parts of the casing, there are some very fragile looking wires & connectors running between the top and bottom of the goggle casing. I unplugged some of the connectors while working to avoid accidentally tugging on the wires and to be able to seperate the top and bottom of the goggle casing a little bit more from each other.

Brundlefly
26th May 2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the DIY solution, I want to get this fixed on mine, but don't want to be without them with summer (almost) here.. still haven't seen anything in regards to if FS is accepting this for repair and what the turn-around time would be, last I saw they where waiting to get the rods in stock. May have to contact them or book an afternoon off and do some goggle surgery...

crawfdaddy
16th June 2017, 01:40 PM
does this affect the HD3 as well?

Aardwolf
18th June 2017, 01:48 AM
It shouldnt. Farshark is aware of the problem and started using new rods

Chilternflyer
27th September 2018, 05:43 AM
It shouldnt. Farshark is aware of the problem and started using new rods

OK, So I've just bought a new set of HDOS and brand new Trinity to go with them. I'm having drifting/ centring and creeping problems like the rest of you.

Question: Has anyone else on here got a set of HDO's with a Trinty in them?

Another question: How do it get hold of the fatshark support people in the UK? If there are ferrous materials in the HDO's Ii will want the problem fixed properly!
I posted a service request on fatshark's main website and got a reply back saying:- 'No problem just return your tTrinityto your supplier for replacement or refund' !