PDA

View Full Version : Dom v2's DVR not working, no red led after inital powerup

sk8nride
3rd October 2014, 02:40 PM
Hi,
I just received the doms v2, ive put the 5.8 nextwave module in, I have tried with a 2gb class 4, 32gb class10 and 16gb class10 cards and without a card, and with the rx on and off and still no DVR action.
I followed the http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2Fof0tG3MyQ3I&h=ZAQGxRRVl video and I press the vertical button for 1 sec and tried for a little longer and the only red led I get is when it powers up and stays on for 2 secs then off...
At no point after intial powerup can I get the red led to light regardless of any presses.

Do I send em back or is there something I can do?

hpcoolahan
3rd October 2014, 08:58 PM
Its not a 1 sec press to activate the dvr.
Power your goggles (led will come on , initialize and go out) wait ten sec or so just to make sure its all initialized , then long press the DVR button (hold down till led comes on) Dvr is now active ... short press to start recording , short press to stop............ if you long press again , it will go into the DVR menu ...move button left to exit menu.

You have to push it down hard enough to hear and feel the click btw .

There have been no failures of the DVR yet , so please try again , Marks video that you linked is spot on .

sk8nride
4th October 2014, 04:19 AM
Hi,

Just tried again, I power on, I get a faint red led which goes off... I leave it for 10 seconds and I press hard on the vertical right joystick like in marks video and nothing, I keep it down for 2 secs, 5 secs, 10 secs and nothing, its as if possibly the whole rightside buttons/joystick may not be working....
Although marks video may enhance the brightness of the led, mine is no where near that bright on powerup

hpcoolahan
4th October 2014, 04:43 AM
The brightness is not that bright of the LED .
This is the first issue like this , as they are tested with a card and a recording is made to make sure it records at the factory as part of testing.
Wierd because it actually lights up on power on like it should too....
If you tried everything , yes contact your retailer if still in their return period for an exchange.
If no start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and we will get you sorted out.

hpcoolahan
4th October 2014, 11:35 PM
Best bet is to start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and we will get them sent to Dave at the UK repairs to swap out the DVR board actually ;)

Can you start up a ticket , and just one other thing to try first is to re-flash the firmware on the DVR to see if that fixes it.
Start a ticket and I'll get you the firmware to try.

sk8nride
5th October 2014, 02:53 AM
Best bet is to start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and we will get them sent to Dave at the UK repairs to swap out the DVR board actually ;)

Can you start up a ticket , and just one other thing to try first is to re-flash the firmware on the DVR to see if that fixes it.
Start a ticket and I'll get you the firmware to try.

Ok ive emailed this link and a brief description to support@fatshark.com just awaiting a ticket number...
Didn't know dave did the uk fatshark repairs too... had many repairs due to craft vs obstical incidents which results in reapairs... sent to dave..

How do I get this firmware? to try before they might go back?

Paul

hpcoolahan
5th October 2014, 03:07 AM
Just replied to your ticket (is generated by your email you sent)
Firmware is attached , give it a try first , if not , we will assign the ticket to Dave who will sort you out.

sk8nride
5th October 2014, 03:22 AM
Hi, No go im afraid, 2 different cards, bin file in the root, and same action, solid red light on startup but nothing after that... ah well back to my other doms then till repair

hpcoolahan
5th October 2014, 03:44 AM
Yep , saw the ticket result.
Assigned it to Dave and he will get back to you shortly.
Greg said to send to Dave to swap out the DVR board as it will probably be quicker this way for you.

Cheers
Patrick

mmarkcooper
5th October 2014, 04:58 AM
hope my video did actually make sense a little was fading light noticed the issue on facebook did a quick video uploading to the tube from my flying site lol..

rockwellcm
11th October 2014, 12:04 PM
Same here no DVR record what do i do to solve this?

rockwellcm
11th October 2014, 12:38 PM
Hi,
I just received the doms v2, ive put the 5.8 nextwave module in, I have tried with a 2gb class 4, 32gb class10 and 16gb class10 cards and without a card, and with the rx on and off and still no DVR action.
I followed the http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2Fof0tG3MyQ3I&h=ZAQGxRRVl video and I press the vertical button for 1 sec and tried for a little longer and the only red led I get is when it powers up and stays on for 2 secs then off...
At no point after intial powerup can I get the red led to light regardless of any presses.

Do I send em back or is there something I can do?

I have the exact same issue with my Fatsharks,purchased in the UK this week

hpcoolahan
11th October 2014, 08:01 PM
I have the exact same issue with my Fatsharks,purchased in the UK this week

Did you just start up a ticket for it, replied to it a minute ago. ;)

sk8nride
12th October 2014, 05:14 AM
Hi, theres two options really, either contact your supplier and send em back for testing or replacement depending on if they have stock, or raise a support ticket and fatshark will issue with a number and you send em to the repair centre for a checkup..

Make sure you've done everything possible, I know its a pain, but it does get sorted as quick as possible... theres no problems with the process.

rockwellcm
12th October 2014, 01:57 PM
Here is the Fault

http://youtu.be/6CqLfEO6X9I

Krazy8s
25th November 2014, 01:44 PM
I have the exact same problem, and I have seen a few others as well.

On two V2's, so there is definitely some new issue popping up with the boot loader/FW of the DVR function.

My first pair worked for months, had another issue so sent in for repair and on return the DVR function was no longer working. [currently sent back for repair]

During this time I bought a second pair of Domz V2 and low and behold after unpacking the brand new set the DVR function is defunct. [brand new/shrink wrapped]

Doesn't matter how you power them, press the button, hold/don't hold, new SD, formatted or not the dvr function is dead and none functional. Other than that the units work fine.

Its clearly a boot load/FW corruption and/or a cabling/button problem.

I will be sending back my "new" pair for repair as well as that's why I bought the V2 for the DVR function. The vendor I bought them from is now giving me the usual "run-around" so they get to come direct to FS for repair.

Which I must say is you best option anyway if you want it done right, fast and just plain good support with no excuses open a ticket and have FS do you a solid!

damage2008
30th November 2014, 05:43 PM
I used my V2 DOMS for the first time today and I also noticed a problem.

First of all after recording, changing the battery on my Disco and pressing the record button again... nothing. The DVR would not work, it would not power on again. I had to unplug the power from the goggles, re-power the goggles and then power up the DVR again. This happened every single time between recording, stopping recording, DVD not working until goggles powered off & then back on.

Next DVR problem. I took 6 video's in total. Video number 1 was fine. Videos 2,3,4,5 all gave an error message, corrupt file or something. Video number 6 cuts off after about 5 seconds.

I am using a TRANSCEND 32gb Class 10 memory card, formatted in the goggle DVR.

Krazy8s
10th December 2014, 05:29 PM
Big "FAT" shout-out for Fat Shark Technical support. A+
DVR issues fixed on my Domz and finally I can get back to fly'n again, ahhh...
You guys rock man! Keep up the great support.

hpcoolahan
11th December 2014, 01:39 AM
I used my V2 DOMS for the first time today and I also noticed a problem.

First of all after recording, changing the battery on my Disco and pressing the record button again... nothing. The DVR would not work, it would not power on again. I had to unplug the power from the goggles, re-power the goggles and then power up the DVR again. This happened every single time between recording, stopping recording, DVD not working until goggles powered off & then back on.

Next DVR problem. I took 6 video's in total. Video number 1 was fine. Videos 2,3,4,5 all gave an error message, corrupt file or something. Video number 6 cuts off after about 5 seconds.

I am using a TRANSCEND 32gb Class 10 memory card, formatted in the goggle DVR.

This is normal if you leave the goggles on whilst changing batteries on you quad without turning off the goggles as well. (the rx looses its video sinc and so does the dvr , hence the restart) all dvr's that I have do the same. (fpv japan dvr too)

Try a different card , it doesn't have to be huge in size or speed either .i've used a 4g class 4 and it works fine.

hpcoolahan
11th December 2014, 01:40 AM
Big "FAT" shout-out for Fat Shark Technical support. A+
DVR issues fixed on my Domz and finally I can get back to fly'n again, ahhh...
You guys rock man! Keep up the great support.

Dude , your welcome , and I'm sure Randy will be pleased to hear it from you too ... thanks ;)