PDA

View Full Version : Gimble issues

brianalexander
15th September 2014, 03:07 AM
hi everyone,

I purchased the basecam 2d gimble (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__53726__quanum_micro_alexmos_brushless_gimbal_con troller_2_axis_kit_basecam_simplebgc_.html) controller from hobby king

I am adding a 3d printed gimble to my tbs discovery (normal) and I think one of my new t-motor 2208's is bad. I was having issues getting pitch to work properly (it just vibrated when there was enough power to move the go pro) and when I swapped motors to test where the issue stemmed from I got super notchy movement from the same motor in the now roll position (when enough power was offered for it to move the camera) and pitch works smoothly.

I took the motor apart and didn't see any issues with it, everything was moving properly, no messed up wires or loose magnets. This motor was brand new when I installed it.

Any thoughts on what to try before I order another motor? Anything else you think I should try? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hpcoolahan
15th September 2014, 04:21 AM
make sure you have the correct number of poles set in the UI for the motors you are using , had a similar thing happen when the pole count was wrong in one of my setups.