PDA

View Full Version : Vector & incorrect aileron differential throws

sancho28
30th July 2014, 08:30 AM
Hi

My plane flies great without the VECTOR. When I insert the VECTOR in the chain, I run the wizard to teach him my servos throws, including ailerons.

BUT, the wizard only asks for left aileron movement. Therefore my right aileron throw is vastly incorrect (as it is deduced from the left ?). I know have too little deflection to turn right. And my butterfly mode to land the plane does no longer raise the right aileron either. Basically the OSD flattens my right aileron movements.

How can I adjust this and setup the proper movements ? I'm using the latest version of the software / firmware.

Thanks.

JohnET
30th July 2014, 08:51 AM
Hello,

Can you open a support ticket and provide your config file as well as the log files (FDR and GLF) from a session where you are moving the aileron? We will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John

sancho28
30th July 2014, 08:54 AM
Hello,

Can you open a support ticket and provide your config file as well as the log files (FDR and GLF) from a session where you are moving the aileron? We will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John

Thanks. I already opened a ticket with the configuration file and I'm going to record a fdr on the bench.

edit: I just sent the FDR file. What is the GLF file ? I only get the FDR when I save to disk...

sancho28
30th July 2014, 11:35 AM
If I disable the differential mix in my TX, the wizard can not be completed and says:

Which means that differential IS needed to run the wizard otherwise the 2nd aileron is not detected. It also means that 2nd aileron movement is based on the differential amount which seems incorrect as this is necessarily a little amount of the full effective throw.

Please help me out on this as I really need to fly tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have to wait several months to try again...

Kenny9999
21st August 2014, 02:27 PM
I have the same exact problem, is that have been sorted out!?!?!

sancho28
21st August 2014, 02:43 PM
Hi. This is the reply from ET. If there are several users with the same issue I hope they will add this functionality !!

"True differential ailerons are not something we've tested (we have had no requests for it), but if you do need differential, the following procedure may work:

1) Enable "standard" dual aileron mixing in your transmitter, but not differential ailerons.
2) Run the PC wizard, and select Dual Ailerons as you have done before.
3) Make sure your ailerons are now working correctly.
4) Enable differential ailerons in your radio
5) Again, confirm that the ailerons are working correctly, with differential ailerons enabled.

Since you are in a hurry, if you find that step 3 above does not even work for you, it's possible to have the Vector do simple dual aileron mixing. To do this, follow these steps:

1) Turn off mixing in your radio
2) DO NOT select dual ailerons when you run the wizard
3) In the RC Configuration tab in the software, select "2nd Ailrn" for "RPM/Aux 1 Output"
4) Confirm that your ailerons are now working correctly. If the 2nd Aileron is reversed, check the "Reverse Aux 1 Output" checkbox just below where you selected the aux 1 output function."

Let me know how it goes for you. The 1st procedure worked for me.

Cheers.

Kenny9999
21st August 2014, 04:18 PM
Well, I have some better result, but, still I miss some knowledge to apply step 4...

I don't understand why a simple setup don't work! for such a so claim controller!!!
I'll figure it out later!!!!

gatorb8
21st February 2015, 06:44 PM
I have the same problem
differential ailerons programmed in my taranis
run the wizard and one aileron goes 22mm up & down, other aileron goes 12mm up and down
wizard only asks for left aileron/toggle mode
my tarannis is programmed ailerons to go up22mm and down 12mm
I'm using channel 4 for left aileron and channel 9 for right aileron and sbus

can this be done with the stick menu or do I need to set it up in PC wizard?

how does the wizard know the ailerons have differential if it only checks left stick?

sancho28
21st February 2015, 07:39 PM
Hi,
As far as I know this hasn't been delivered by ET and I still don't understand how they can talk about "differential aileron" in their docs as it is really not possible to have aileron with an actual differential properly/precisely setup.
I managed to do something that works more or less, following ET instructions above, but clearly I don't have the appropriate deflections. it's just a tweak.

@ET, can you please deliver aileron differential support ??

Thanks

gatorb8
22nd February 2015, 05:55 PM
I was able to get differential ailerons to work in all modes
I had to use the PC wizard to get the second aileron to work right
I ran the wizard without aileron differential mixing, throws +-100%
after it ll checked out, I put the aileron differential mixing in the transmitter and it worked fine, triple rates worked fine to

just took a while to realize the stick commanded wizard does not correctly setup dual ailerons and I needed to run the pc-wizard with no diff mix and add it in later

hope this helps someone not spend the DAYS to figure it out that it took me....

Edit: I should clarify. The differential works in all modes with inputs from the sticks. The stabilization outputs do not provide differential

2lo
21st August 2015, 10:39 PM
setting up a flying wing, I have issues as well with elevon movements.
set taranis up with no mix. set end points for correct amount of throw. Run receiver wizard. everything goes good during wizard. toggle mode switch as prompted to reboot vector. once vector comes back throws are all out of wack!!. tried this 4 or 5 times now, same result. Elevons move in right direction, just throws and centering is nowhere close. Iam set up with sppm. mode switch is in 2d no hold. HELP!

2lo
22nd August 2015, 06:36 PM
this thing is driving me nuts!!
lowering the gains, did not keep the servos from changing after running wizard. If you save your adjustments in system configuration, without running the wizard the servos will not change.
BUT! Servo movement is not proportional to stick movement.
Half stick movement equaled to full deflection.
So I reset hard end points to a 100% no trim. Already had mechanical adjustment made. Lowered servo weight value(Taranis) to desired throw value. Save to system config. all good.
So I thought i would try running wizard, bad mistake. servo movement not proportional again! Start over but don't run wizard.
Throws all good.
Well unfortunately at one point when I was running the wizard I inadvertently toggled mode switch before transmitter bound to RX.
Now my RSSI andQ link will not return!!
I've ran wizard on PC and sticks still shows 0%
When i first plugged in vector to pc it showed to be in fail-safe, re ran wizard shows to be out of fail-safe. channel 11 and 12 shows 50%. don't remember what it should show % wise.
Updated vector no change.

I ran RSSI on ezuhf system on pc, shows around -1 -2 or on PC which is good. But vector will not pick it Back up.

joaquin
23rd August 2015, 04:45 PM
I was able to get differential ailerons to work in all modes
I had to use the PC wizard to get the second aileron to work right
I ran the wizard without aileron differential mixing, throws +-100%
after it ll checked out, I put the aileron differential mixing in the transmitter and it worked fine, triple rates worked fine to

just took a while to realize the stick commanded wizard does not correctly setup dual ailerons and I needed to run the pc-wizard with no diff mix and add it in later

hope this helps someone not spend the DAYS to figure it out that it took me....

Edit: I should clarify. The differential works in all modes with inputs from the sticks. The stabilization outputs do not provide differential

As PC wizard only asks for left movement, it isn't possible to make the right adjustment. In my case I have mechanical restrictions, so I can't allow autopilot to use full movement on down thrust. I think it would be very easy to have a diferential percentage, as RC transmitter has. A similar problem arises on large gliders that need crow mixing: you also need to dedicate one more channel to the second aileron. That should not be very difficult to implement free mixes.

In my case, I built a microcontroller mixer that implemented both crow and differential mixing. Until ET decides to do something, I can't envision any other solution

2lo
24th August 2015, 01:37 PM
I did get my rssi back. user error when i was in the immersion tools.

2lo
24th August 2015, 01:42 PM
As PC wizard only asks for left movement, it isn't possible to make the right adjustment. In my case I have mechanical restrictions, so I can't allow autopilot to use full movement on down thrust. I think it would be very easy to have a diferential percentage, as RC transmitter has. A similar problem arises on large gliders that need crow mixing: you also need to dedicate one more channel to the second aileron. That should not be very difficult to implement free mixes.

In my case, I built a microcontroller mixer that implemented both crow and differential mixing. Until ET decides to do something, I can't envision any other solution

For me I had to have all settings in radio zeroed out. Run the wizard, make changes in radio, then save changes in system configuration.