PDA

View Full Version : CineTank Landing - 3D print your own replacement parts



terabyte
23rd June 2014, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,

Since we are having some problems with splitting and since we really want to keep you guys happy before anything else, we have released the landing gear design under creative commons license.

This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon our work non-commercially, as long as you credit FlyingCinema and license your new creations under the identical terms.

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/3.0/88x31.png

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:365968

terabyte
10th July 2014, 04:44 PM
Here are the feet for the LG - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:391250

dr_patso
17th July 2014, 04:01 PM
are these parts that are cracking 3d printed? Sorry for my ignorance. I might have access to a 3d printer, if we print them ourselves would they be stronger?

terabyte
18th July 2014, 07:29 PM
are these parts that are cracking 3d printed? Sorry for my ignorance. I might have access to a 3d printer, if we print them ourselves would they be stronger?

Yes. I highly doubt it, we've got a lot of R&D into our in-house 3D printing methods. But please don't hesitate to try it out.

HFMan
1st August 2014, 12:00 AM
I have printed off both the mounts and the feet from the plans (well, a buddy with a printer did it for me). We have determined that the fill rate was not really high enough on the original parts. We bumped it up to 50% fill rate (It looked to us like the parts from Flying Cinema are more like 30%), and they do seem a lot stronger. Also, I am CERTAIN the reason these are cracking is they do not have any relief in the center where they rest against the frame. A used Cinetank (like mine) has the square locating "button" on the boom mounts protruding ever so slightly through the square holes in the frame. The LG mounts need to be relieved in this area or they will stress and/or crack just by cinching down on the bolts. I manually relieved them with a Dremel before mounting them- and they seem to be holding up quite well.

Regarding the feet- also bumped up the fill to 50%. For some reason, they are a sloppy fit in the CF tubing. I simply wrapped some electrical tape around the step, and they fit better.

bllama
2nd August 2014, 06:56 PM
Can you send me some pics of the modifications the I fill was 40% on the original ones

34Ford
30th November 2014, 06:22 PM
I printed these but now Im selling my tank and dont need them. Hate to throw them away. Anyone want them for $10 in the US let me know.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7566/15730146660_a9ddb930dd_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8668/15730146720_1b853fa25b_o.jpg