PDA

View Full Version : First crash

TalonSix
12th June 2014, 11:03 AM
I crashed my Cinetank today doing tree slalom drills at one of my favorite flight haunts. Long story short, the tree won (imagine that). I must have yawed right trying to clear the tree, because the left side of the tank took the damage. One thing's for sure: I'm no Juz.

Sadly, my GoPro's battery died well before this flight so I don't have any footage, but take my word for it - the **SCRUNCH** sound as the tank hit the tree and dirt was awful.

Damage:

1x CCW Graupner 9x5
1x CW Graupner 9x5
2x retaining screws (ripped out of the standoffs on the dirty frame side)
1x Small measure of T6's pride

The left side motor mounts were also canted forward a couple of degrees, but I loosened everything up, straightened the canted parts, and it appress to be normal now. I'll watch these in future flights to make sure there's no additional slippage.
:o
I have been thinking of trying new props anyway, so I threw on GemFan 9x5 slow flyers. I got the tank repaired and did a quick hover test with the GemFans - no issues. In fact, the tank seems significantly quieter with the GemFans.

Bottom Line: The tank lived up to it's name and took this crash with stride. I continue to be impressed by this frame.

terabyte
13th June 2014, 04:56 AM
I cant help but smile when I read how happy you guys are with your CineTanks.

Oliver Miami
16th June 2014, 04:00 PM
Lol. I flew this week with a friend and his new CineTank and he kept crashing and crashing over and over. I think he broke 12 props in 3 days while tuning his Naze32. The tank always took off after each crash (and installing new prop). He now wants to buy a second CT and install a Naza :o

rio
2nd July 2014, 04:01 PM
nevermind

sukoshi
9th July 2014, 04:08 PM
Lol. I flew this week with a friend and his new CineTank and he kept crashing and crashing over and over. I think he broke 12 props in 3 days while tuning his Naze32. The tank always took off after each crash (and installing new prop). He now wants to buy a second CT and install a Naza :o

Looks like i know the guy who's a big lamer with his naze32 :)

Oliver Miami
9th July 2014, 04:21 PM
I also heard some Disco also get hurt by another guy at that time too. ;) FC was right though but the Disco didn't survive as well as the CT did.

sukoshi
9th July 2014, 06:16 PM
I also heard some Disco also get hurt by another guy at that time too. ;) FC was right though but the Disco didn't survive as well as the CT did.

Didn't we have vacations together? :D

terabyte
10th July 2014, 12:40 AM
Bromance?

sukoshi
10th July 2014, 01:33 AM
Bromance?

:o

Maybe !

Common interest on your great product certainly started this bromance between Oliver and I.

Seriously put, thanks a lot for creating this frame. I should be able to build the new one i received two days ago next week-end.