PDA

View Full Version : New Build - Migrated from DJI 450

fender21
25th May 2014, 10:30 AM
Hi All,
This weekend I migrated my stock DJI 450 parts over to my new Cinetank build. I have not yet flown it as I'm waiting on new 4S batteries (only flew with 3S previously).

I encountered a few hiccups which I wanted to share...

*DJI 30 ESC's do not fit in the dirty section. They are to wide to lay flat, so I have to overlay two in the front and in the back. I'm not sure this is going to work well with heat though, we shall see.

*I'm using my stock Turnigy 9X RX which has around 9 wires to connect, unfortunately this has lead to me dirtying up the top level. Do I have any alternative here?

*I'm also using the dji 2212 motor 920kv and have no idea how they will hold up, so I'll post more once I can get it up in the air.

Anyway, it was a fun build and the spare parts + hex driver is awesome. The worst part of this project is putting in the blasted anti-vibration mount.

Looking forward to getting this up in the air!

I took a few photos of my build process...
http://imgur.com/a/qP4oa

fender21
25th May 2014, 12:38 PM
I decided to try and see if my Tank would get airborne if only for a minute. Since I have to roll with 8in props, I had to order a set of 4S batteries this weekend so until those arrive I can't get much airtime.

Even with 3S and 8in props, the tank took off amazingly well for the first run. My 920KV motors had no problem taking off and the platform was unbelievable steady. I have a little work to do on gain adjustments as it tends to rotate CCW in air but that's to be expected. Luckily I don't have any wires backwards, props are on right and this was my easiest first flight ever.

Not much of a picture but hey, it's history!
http://i.imgur.com/zS7NlOv.jpg

Gyro
26th May 2014, 08:04 PM
I have done the same, but I found the tank was way under powered, I have ordered some 1100kv t motors to replace it with.

fender21
27th May 2014, 12:46 AM
Good to know. What batteries and ESC's did you run?

Gyro
27th May 2014, 04:31 AM
I ran dgi esc's, dgi 920kv motors and had a 3s 5000 battery. Installed new motors today and 100 times better. Feels a bit wobbly but maybe that's the tank as it's not really a Square H frame.

starvinmrvn
27th May 2014, 11:46 AM
I ran dgi esc's, dgi 920kv motors and had a 3s 5000 battery. Installed new motors today and 100 times better. Feels a bit wobbly but maybe that's the tank as it's not really a Square H frame.

Mine flies solid. No Wobbles. Sounds like you just need some fine tuning on the Flight Controller. Your 5000mah lipo fits in the Battery Tray location?

terabyte
27th May 2014, 02:46 PM
Mine flies solid. No Wobbles. Sounds like you just need some fine tuning on the Flight Controller. Your 5000mah lipo fits in the Battery Tray location?
3s 5k can be made to fit with the 35mm spacers no problem

Gyro
27th May 2014, 07:19 PM
My 5000 3s fits perfect to standard setup

Deadstick
27th May 2014, 11:03 PM
Mine did too. Watch your video voltage with three cell, mine was on the raged edge, going through a buck power supply to regulate it down to 12 from the 4cell pack. I could lose video before flight battery was done @10.5volt. Land at 10.7