PDA

View Full Version : // FPV Attitude V2 600mw Transmitter Issue

noaliddle
24th May 2014, 01:23 AM
Aloha, I am completely new to FPV and bought a complete set-up from Hobby King last month.. I upgraded to the SPiroNet antennas / upgraded the 250mw to 600mw / Now I am ready to install the equipment to the quad and when I plug in the camera to its own battery source (7.4v 1000mah 15c-2S) and test the goggles, there is so much trouble in getting the image to first appear.. When it does, the camera is live for about 3-5min of which it then turns to static and shutters to a solid white screen, it will not re-appear until the transmitter cools off for a few minutes by which time I plug it back in and if I can actually get the image back up -it shuts down again after less than a minute..

Any suggestions if there's anything I'm doing wrong? Again, I had the gear in a box for over a month and now just opening it, I'm trying not to be disappointed at the fact I didn't test it sooner to contact you / Any more information you guys need to help me find a solution because my conclusion thus far is the heat build up of the Rx after 3-5min shuts the unit down? Paid $500 for this equipment - what's the problem guys?

hpcoolahan
24th May 2014, 02:10 AM
Aloha .

Can you please take a picture of the whole lot set up for us please.
Also , to rule out the goggles as an issue , please use the supplied RCA av cable to connect to a DVD player , flip the internal rx off with the switch on the bottom , and give the goggles a run through the DVD player .
This will rule out the goggles themselves as the issue.
Then we move on to the rest of it :)

I take it buy "when I plug in the camera to its own battery source (7.4v 1000mah 15c-2S)"
You are refering to just the goggles or tx, not supplying 7.4v to the camera directly ?
The camera is only to be supplied 5v from the Tx

noaliddle
24th May 2014, 04:21 AM
Aloha .

Can you please take a picture of the whole lot set up for us please.
Also , to rule out the goggles as an issue , please use the supplied RCA av cable to connect to a DVD player , flip the internal rx off with the switch on the bottom , and give the goggles a run through the DVD player .
This will rule out the goggles themselves as the issue.
Then we move on to the rest of it :)

I take it buy "when I plug in the camera to its own battery source (7.4v 1000mah 15c-2S)"
You are refering to just the goggles or tx, not supplying 7.4v to the camera directly ?
The camera is only to be supplied 5v from the Tx

Hello, and thank you for the prompt response - The goggles worked fine through the DVD player.. Yes I plugged the battery into the supplied discharge filter supply which leads to the Tx / please advise what I should try next - Thank you

hpcoolahan
24th May 2014, 04:52 AM
ok , next thing to check is turn the goggles on and turn the inbuilt Rx on ...you should get static.......leave this on for a period of time longer than when it usually plays up.
If all good and it remains as static not going to a white screen as before (its ok too) , turn the tx on without the camera attached...should go to a grey screen and stay that way.
do you have the stock 250mW Tx still to rule out the camera as a issue ?

noaliddle
24th May 2014, 06:11 AM
Alright.. Well, I did get static for as long as they were plugged in and turned on - no problem / Now when I plug in the Tx with no camera, you're right, the screen turns grey for a couple minutes, and then, just as before, it gets all weird with grn lines and blk for a second and then turns solid white.. Now when it turns white, it seems to have some effect on the goggles to where I can't seem to turn them off and back on, the screen remains white whether the switch is on or off on the headset ( that's probably normal) So, your last suggestion, I do not have the original 250mw tx / the 600mw was purchased as an upgrade, however I do have the head tracking camera set-up which when plugged in responded the same way.. Again, this all seems to be pointing to the 600mw tx as the problem, but awaiting your next suggestion for resolution - Thank you for your time -MahalO!

noaliddle
24th May 2014, 06:28 AM
Hello again / perhaps I didn't leave the goggles on long enough - but they are turning white on their own without even turning the tx on.. Sorry for all the confusion, but I just sat here with them on by them self for awhile longer twice, and they are turning white all by themselves.. So it's the goggles?

noaliddle
24th May 2014, 06:33 AM
Jeesh, I just confirmed that again, unplugged the battery from the goggles, plugged them back in and they won't even turn on, screen gets all full of lines and then white.. If I leave them unplugged for a couple minutes and plug them back in, I get static for less then a minute and then first the left screen gets green lines all through it and then it turns white with the right screen.. So, the goggles have got to go?

hpcoolahan
24th May 2014, 06:47 AM
Yep , after reading your results from post #5 , it actually sounds like the LCD driver is the issue , not the Tx.
Then post #6 confirmed it.
Since you are outside HobbyKing's return time , start a ticket at support@fatshark.com and we will get them to a repair centre for you and fixed.

This is why it's good to methodically work through the issues to find the source.
When you have the Rx off , and hooked to a DVD player , does it still do it ?

Cheers
Patrick