PDA

View Full Version : New landing gear- cracked upon installation

HFMan
23rd May 2014, 09:56 AM
I received my Cinetank landing gear components this week. I installed the caps in the CF tubing, then installed the CF tubing in the landing gear mount. As I tightened the mounts to the frame, I heard odd crunching sounds- just figured it was normal for these parts. To my dismay, all four of my mounts cracked all the way around the base. I can try to glue them back together, but what caused this? Is there an appropriate way to mount these?

starvinmrvn
23rd May 2014, 03:47 PM
bummer! Any pictures? We all know Flying Cinema gang will take care of you if there is cause. Best of luck.

I will be attempting install of mine tonight as well.

HFMan
23rd May 2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'll post up some pics later this evening. My recommendation would be to mount the new mounts first, then attach the CF tube afterwards. I think the stress on the mounts had something to do with the CF tubes, not really sure.

HFMan
23rd May 2014, 06:18 PM
So Flying Cinema- what do you want me to do regarding this matter? I tried to open a ticket on your site, but the Support link just brings me here.

terabyte
23rd May 2014, 09:23 PM
Hey man I'm sorry Fridays are hectic for me. Please post up pictures. If you could please email me some pictures at support@flyingcinema.com as well as your address. Ill priority ship you new plastic parts as well as a couple of spares. If you break another, email me again and I'll give you a call personally to figure out the root cause. You guys support us and we will take care of you.

Im really very sorry about this. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make it right.

HFMan
24th May 2014, 01:45 PM
No problem Sir- I just want to see if there is a particular way to mount these so that they do not crack. They are really nice looking, and I'd love to get them mounted securely without having this happen!

I have sent you an email with pictures. Thanks again!