PDA

View Full Version : New Disco Pro - Can't get any video

Kristian
2nd May 2014, 03:49 PM
Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this bad boy so I can figure out where the heck I'm going wrong.

Ok, so I have a pretty new Disco Pro that has only had a couple of test flights. It's running a Pixhawk and flying fine, but I just recently have all of my components together for FPV which include:

TBS Boss 5.8 Ghz Vtx
TBS Dominator Vrx
Fatshark Dominator goggles
GoPro H3+ BE
C-1333B FPV cam
Blubeam Ultra 5.8ghz antenna set

I have them all hooked up with power to everything (the bright blue LED on the BOSS turns on fine). But for whatever reason, I can't get any video through to the goggles whatsoever.

I've tried switching channels, made sure the dominator receiver is on the right frequency band, restarting many times, checked lots of cables.. etc.. Nothing seems to come through in terms of video from GoPro or the board camera. No video or OSD or anything.

And yes, I made sure that I always had an antenna attached to the BOSS since the first time I plugged it in, I definitely didn't want to make that rookie mistake. ;) The BOSS does get pretty hot pretty quickly, but I'm assuming that's just because it's outputting so much power and this is normal, right?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Kristian

Hans
2nd May 2014, 03:54 PM
Does the Gopro have AV out enabled? Are you using the correct cable?

Kristian
2nd May 2014, 04:11 PM
Does the Gopro have AV out enabled? Are you using the correct cable?

I think it has the AV out enabled? I don't know where I'd check that. It's simply feeding through the GoPro link adaptor on the back of the camera. I can't seem to find any settings regarding AV out though. There's a setting for turning the LCD off after a period of time I think, but that's set to "never".

Yes, I believe I'm using the correct cables. Only one cable goes to the boss, one to the GoPro and one to the board cam. As far as I can tell, double and triple checking them, they're all correct.

Kristian
4th May 2014, 12:16 PM
Just an update.... Still not going well, but I think the problem may lie somewhere on the Disco Pro itself. I took the VTX cable coming from the disco (that would otherwise plug into the VTX) and split out the video (yellow) and ground (black) and wired them into a standard RCA video plug and I couldn't get any video signal to come through at all. Someone let me know if I had the video cables wrong though.

I've opened a support ticket with TBS so hopefully they can help me from here.

Kristian
7th May 2014, 11:56 PM
Just wanted to close the loop here, TBS has been very helpful and it looks like we're going to replace the top plate. Hopefully that will do the trick. Can't wait to get it all rolling!

Kristian
16th May 2014, 02:06 PM
As usual, after much tinkering and great help from TBS Support, I finally figured out it was my fault all along (not a hardware issue at all) as I had my pilot cam connected incorrectly. Lesson learned! :)