PDA

View Full Version : Frequency Range and Antenna Orientation

CuznWeakEyes
17th December 2011, 04:56 PM
Nice to see you active on FPVLab, Hugo! Thanks for joining in...

Not sure if starting a new thread was warranted, but I didn't know where to ask.

I recently purchased a 2.4 gHz Windmill/Fan (generic) combo from you and would like to know if there is a optimal frequency to which they are tuned or frequency range? I presently fly out on the "fringe" frequencies to avoid interference from the 6 or 7 2.4 gHz R/C fliers in the area. I haven't tried your CP antennas yet....nasty Winter weather is upon us in the far NorthWest...!

Also, I have the Windmill antenna mounted inverted under the wing of my FunCub which I understand is the desired position. At some point, I will mount it on my Alulah flying wing and mounting under the wing is not an option....will get swept off the wing on the first landing!! Any suggestion on how to mount it (with the 1W LM Tx out there also)? Heh, that means I will most likely be ordering a long range Helical to match it early in the new year...!

One more question...is it worthwhile to use diversity (Oracle) with the Fan and a CP patch for slightly extended ranges...2 - 5 kM?

Thanks in advance...

Mel

HugeOne
17th December 2011, 10:09 PM
I recently purchased a 2.4 gHz Windmill/Fan (generic) combo from you and would like to know if there is a optimal frequency to which they are tuned or frequency range? I presently fly out on the "fringe" frequencies to avoid interference from the 6 or 7 2.4 gHz R/C fliers in the area. I haven't tried your CP antennas yet....nasty Winter weather is upon us in the far NorthWest...!

They are tuned to 2450mhz, but even higher they are still a good match.

On top of the wing will do well to.

Yeah, the Fan will cover your sides/back and have a higher multipath rejection.

-Hugo