PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Urban Drones Community Forum

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 10:34 AM

UrbanDrones.com now offers top quality FPV equipment, including "FPV out of the Box" systems. This section of FPVLAB is dedicated to anything related to Urban Drones and the products and services it offers. Feel free to share FPV ideas or even product requests. Here you can also find out the latest news and developments regarding UrbanDrones.com and find out when new products become available.

As some of you know, we have been working hard on putting the final adjustments to the UrbanDrones OSD/Tracker (project name T-OSD). There are several fully fuctional units of the OSD being flown already and we have worked out every issue that we know of. The first production batch should be on our hands sooner than later. Making an OSD is hard, making OSD that is affordable is even harder.

We are also working on a stand-alone tracker for those who already have a and OSD and just want the Antenna Tracking feature. There will be more information on this later.

Another thing I am working on is making the Live FPV Flights experience better by offering it free of ads, or at least less ads that you see now. This means that when you tune in to one of my live FPV flights, you won't miss take-off or landings because of an annoying ad. I can't offer more info on this because I am still working out the kinks.

I hope the FPV community welcomes UrbanDrones.com. I know that there are a lot of places where you can get your FPV gear, so I want to thank you in advanced for choosing UrbanDrones.com

If you have any questions email support@urbandrones.com. You'll get a faster answer this way.

airbagit13
15th December 2011, 01:04 PM
The site looks very good, I'm going to have to spend some money! :)

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks Airbagit! - The site will continue to improve every day. I am still adding new gear, videos and better pictures.

kev.au
15th December 2011, 01:41 PM
Who makes those antennas?.

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 01:50 PM
Alex Greves (aka: IBCrazy)

The Pan and Tilt for the tracker is our own.

kev.au
15th December 2011, 01:58 PM
Nice, what Long Range Systems will you be stocking?.

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 02:20 PM
DragonLink in the very near future.
There are a few items that are in the store background that I still have to add descriptions and details to. These items will be available on site as I finish editing them in the store.

Hucker
15th December 2011, 02:42 PM
Always wondered where I was going to get my helium balloon zephyr launch platform!

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 02:49 PM
I will have pictures of this balloon inflated soon. I could have put the picture of it in its package, but it doesn't do it justice.

UrbanDrones
15th December 2011, 05:28 PM

Eddie
17th December 2011, 11:52 PM
Awesome - Fat Sharks coming in?

Ready to FPV systems looks ike it is going to be cool too.

UrbanDrones
18th December 2011, 02:06 AM
Hi Eddie -
yes I will have fatshark products in the near future.

IBCrazy
19th December 2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome Urban Drones! Very impressive site! It's good to see you are finally up and running. I know it has been a long project in the making. I have a good stock of most of the antennas you are selling so I should be able to stock back up quickly should you ever run low. I am working on an antenna specifically for your T-Tracker right now :)

-Alex

UrbanDrones
19th December 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks Alex - So far the response has been positive. People are like your antennas.
I encourage product suggestions. If you know of a product that you would like to see at UrbanDrones.com just send an email with the product name, or even a link.

Yesterday we tested (again) the UrbanDrones OSD with the UrbanDrones tracker. It's been ready for a while now, but we wanted to put as many flights on them as possible in different conditions and they are both rock solid. Both the tracker and OSD work excellent every time.

kev.au
19th December 2011, 09:58 AM
How difficult is the setup for the OSD/Tracker combo?.

UrbanDrones
19th December 2011, 03:22 PM
Hey Kev.au -
It's not difficult at all. We designed the OSD and Tracker to be as easy to use as possible. Provably the easiest OSD to set up so far. To set up the OSD you just connect your camera and you are ready. If you want to set up alarms to blink when certain raedings get to certain values you can do that by navigating the menu and setting those values, including RSSI.

To set up the tracker just point it north, turn the power on, turn on the OSD and press the home button on Urban Drones OSD and the tracker will point to the aircraft. You're done.

IBCrazy
19th December 2011, 04:41 PM
What GPS do you use for the T-OSD?

-Alex

UrbanDrones
19th December 2011, 04:44 PM
The UbanDrones OSD uses the LS20031. It has a 10hz update rate. It only measures 30x30mm.

chatch
27th September 2013, 02:50 AM
excellent bump there sir