PDA

View Full Version : FS Dominator AVOUT unusable because of interference in image

boopidoo
1st April 2014, 04:23 PM
When using the goggles without AVOUT connected it works fine however as soon as I connect the AV cable the LCD image dims and fills up with interference. The image is still there but the interference makes it horrendous and especially so for the AV device connected to the goggles.

No other goggles I've used had this issue (FS Aviators, 2x Boscam GS920, RV Headplays). I've used the exact same equipment for the Doms as with the other goggles and only the Doms has so much interference on AVOUT. It seems like there's some interference inside the goggles but I didn't think the premium Dominators should be worse then the other I've tried. :/

Anyone else with this problem? I always record my flights and a usable AVOUT is a must.

actionplus
1st April 2014, 04:41 PM
Somehow this sound more like a AVIN is happening compared to an AVOUT. Something is loading the AVOUT. What's actually connected to the other end of that cable?

boopidoo
2nd April 2014, 05:27 AM
Well it's either a Lawmate PV500 DVR or a 8in LCD screen (obviously AVOUT otherwise I wouldn't get a picture :)). The interference is the same no matter if the VTx is placed in close proximity or further away. Also the exact same setup using Boscam GS920 AIO goggles works wonderfully well with no apparent interference and the image in the goggles doesn't dim at all.

boopidoo
2nd April 2014, 08:19 AM
I've now tried AVIN using a RV Deluxe VRx and the image is totally unusable because of all the interference. Have I got an extremely bad specimen or is all Dominators the same? The difference compared to the Boscams is like night and day.

actionplus
2nd April 2014, 09:43 AM
You are using the same cables that came with your Dom to connect this to the DVR?

boopidoo
2nd April 2014, 10:53 AM
Yes as well as other cables I already had. Does the doms have some RFI issue that can be fixed?

Btw, the interfence is acually lower when I use the DVR then external screen if that says anything? I'll continue testing.

The worst is the interference when using an external VRx and AVIN though.

boopidoo
2nd April 2014, 12:56 PM
Solved the AV-IN issue. It seems like channel has to be set to 1 even when the VRx is OFF to get interference free AV-IN. I feel stupid not realizing this sooner but why should it matter which channel is selected when the VRx is OFF?

Well back to fix the lesser, but still very apparent, interference on AV-OUT. :)

actionplus
2nd April 2014, 03:27 PM
Hmm. That's interesting. I don't own a Dom, so can't comment much. But I would figure if the internal vrx is off, is does not matter which channel you are in. I'll have to read the manual to see if there is anything that states this.

rob.thomson
2nd April 2014, 03:34 PM
My bet... The cable you are using is not standard. (I.e. a fatshark cable)

Its probably got a different pin definition and causing the signal to go screwy

boopidoo
2nd April 2014, 05:05 PM
@Actionplus
Well I thought so too but obviously that wasn't the case.

@rob.thomson
Nope, all cables used uses the same pinout which is compatible (including the cable which came with the goggles). In fact Fatshark Aviator, Boscam GS920 and Fatshark Dominator all use the same pinout.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?8921-Official-Connector-Thread&p=166918&viewfull=1#post166918