PDA

View Full Version : FPV Camera Angle

Hucker
30th October 2011, 06:18 PM
I am wondering what the best angle for the camera is. On my first FPV flights I had it setup so I could just see a bit of the nose, which translates to a slightly down camera angle. While flying it was difficult to see anything without pointing the nose down.

Any thoughts on this?

aeryck
30th October 2011, 06:42 PM
Personally, I like keeping the camera's tilt so that it's even with level flight, regardless of whether you can see the nose of the plane.

IBCrazy
31st October 2011, 12:18 PM
5-10 degrees down is what I use. However I tend to fly low. if you like to fly high, 10-15 degrees might be a little better. Just remember that level is near the top of the screen.

-Alex

hugy
31st October 2011, 12:23 PM
Almost level with the plane works best for me.

Greedz
31st October 2011, 06:41 PM
I'm with IBCrazy on that one. I go for about 5-10degrees downward. Too far down makes it difficult (i think) to trim for straight and level flight. It also makes the perspective on landing a bit strange.

GoldCraft
31st October 2011, 07:01 PM
Mine is about 10 deg down for low flying. I have tilt so I like to point the cam down more when up high.

Hucker
1st November 2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys, I'll aim it down a bit more, I was at about 5 degrees, I'll add some black paint to the nose too. More flying this week...

IBCrazy
1st November 2011, 08:05 AM
Almost level with the plane works best for me.

That's because you never leave the forest or 20 feet. If you aimed yours down, you'd never make it 10 feet before you hit a tree :)

-Alex