PDA

View Full Version : Alps winter FPV session

Skymotion
21st October 2011, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to organise this winter a FPV meeting in the alps, maybe in a place between swiss and France, not too far from Geneva (to located) so not too far from austria and also germany.
I'm actually searching for a good place to organise that. I've already located 2 nice spot, but I want to have more choice!
Just a nice meeting to exchange ideas, flight time and beers :-P

Let me know if you can be interested!

Cheers
JM

Mechnan
21st October 2011, 04:25 AM
Nice idea.
I would have to check, but im sure we could meet up in Grindelwald, we have a chalet there.
It's the perfect location.

Cheers, Mechnan

Skymotion
21st October 2011, 04:45 AM

One of the spot I find! A nice valley, with many spots for Long range flight, downhill etc...
Close to this I can find a big place to accomodate everyone

Mechnan
21st October 2011, 04:57 AM
nice!
where is it?
http://bluespages.com/images/grindelwald-first.jpg
http://img.fotocommunity.com/Bach-Fluss-See/See-Teich-Tuempel/Bachalpsee-bei-Grindelwald-First-a18649037.jpg
How many people are you thinking of?

Cheers

Skymotion
21st October 2011, 06:36 AM
Very nice too!
My place is quite near the MontBlanc Valley, it's called giffre valley. It's pretty close from SamoŽns ski ressort in french alps.
Many hotels, nice chalet to hire, many pubs too.
How many peaople, difficult to say...but not a too big thing, and not only 3 guys :-P
Is the spot you're showing is accessible by car?

egosession
21st October 2011, 07:42 AM
My stepdad has a flat in sion... quatre valle ski resort. If that helps...

But actually I m planning since month a swiss FPV meeting (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?794-A-not-so-offical-FPV-Meeting-around-swiss-germany-france). I only miss a location. Maybe we could do it together.

Skymotion
21st October 2011, 08:31 AM
My stepdad has a flat in sion... quatre valle ski resort. If that helps...

But actually I m planning since month a swiss FPV meeting (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?794-A-not-so-offical-FPV-Meeting-around-swiss-germany-france). I only miss a location. Maybe we could do it together.

hI!

I didn't see your post before, but I think that we are in the same wave lenght about FPV meets !
Did you already organise such an event?
Do you want to shar Ideas by pm?

Mechnan
21st October 2011, 02:30 PM
Is the spot you're showing is accessible by car?

No way dude! only gondola its 2500mASL :)

egosession
21st October 2011, 03:14 PM
Gondola sounds great (have no car at the moment, so it doesnt matter anyway) Did you receive the pm I send you?

Mechnan
21st October 2011, 03:23 PM
Yes I have

You could even get there with the ÷V. :)

Dionysos
28th October 2011, 09:04 PM
Hi,
might be interested, too. But I'd come from Munich take a look at Neuschwanstein, danach Oesiland oder so... Schwiiz ok, too. :) Could we a compile a list with places?

Thanks and Regards,

Dio

Skymotion
23rd November 2011, 09:24 AM
Hi All,

After some inquiries, I got some answer from different housing place.
For a nice but big chalet in a very accessible place, for the moment I have an offer at 153.50€/p for 3 nights (from friday 17h00->monday 10h00) with breakfast.
I'll try to find cheaper, but this was at the end of the winter, so maybe cheaper out of ski season, maybe in may or june.

Twawsi
24th November 2011, 02:40 PM
What are the dates you are looking at? Maybe I could come over from Italy.

egosession
24th November 2011, 07:36 PM
Hi All,

After some inquiries, I got some answer from different housing place.
For a nice but big chalet in a very accessible place, for the moment I have an offer at 153.50€/p for 3 nights (from friday 17h00->monday 10h00) with breakfast.
I'll try to find cheaper, but this was at the end of the winter, so maybe cheaper out of ski season, maybe in may or june.

How about to rent a chalet for our own? Maybe if we rent one together its cheaper. To take a chalet, say for 4 people and put 6 or 8 people in it. I dont mind to sleep on the floor for some days. We would been out flying all day anyway. So comfort isnt important to me. And the ones how get the beds pay a bit more ;)

Mechnan
25th November 2011, 01:46 PM
Like I said, my grand parents have a chalet in Grindelwald. Its pretty small (3 rooms) there are 3 double beads and a couch and also some room on the floor.
But i'd had to ask for permission.

egosession
25th November 2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, we should meet up soon when we want to do the meeting at the date we spoke about.

Mechnan
25th November 2011, 02:09 PM
What dates where you thinking about?

egosession
25th November 2011, 02:26 PM
Mhhh, it depens on you and when the chalet is free. I also need to check my budget. Befor christmas would be possibel if we go for a weekend... I need to check with the work. I need to finish the house I m working on until christmas, so I have a awfull lot to do.

Going from Friday morning till sunday evening could work. Then we would have 3 days of flying... I maybe need some more batteries then. Then I would have 1.50 hours flightime. 1.50 hours in the morning -> reaload at the chalet takes 2 - 4 houers to do an other flight. Its depending on the charger. I only can recharge at 1000mah, so my 2200mha batts need two hours... then its maybe better if I get a second charger than more batteries.

Or we go short after christmas. I think that we can release the date of the meeting after our weekend.

The Zephyr is ready, my portable Groundstation should be finished soon.

Mechnan
25th November 2011, 02:45 PM
Sounds great!
I still have to solve some range issues with my tricopter. I'm now sure the problem is on the Tx side (ImmersionRC 600mW TX).

Also I have to check with my grand parents for availability of the chalet, but I guess if we go only the two of us it's no biggie if they are there to.
It looks like ill be in Grindelwald 01.01 to 08.01 or to 09.01 for skiing (if there is snow until then^^)

Prefect
25th November 2011, 03:32 PM
subscribed.

I am from St. Gallen, Grindelwald is quite far but would be worth the trip for a weekend or so :-)

Regards!
Chris

egosession
25th November 2011, 05:52 PM
Sounds great!
I still have to solve some range issues with my tricopter. I'm now sure the problem is on the Tx side (ImmersionRC 600mW TX).

Also I have to check with my grand parents for availability of the chalet, but I guess if we go only the two of us it's no biggie if they are there to.
It looks like ill be in Grindelwald 01.01 to 08.01 or to 09.01 for skiing (if there is snow until then^^)

I write you a pm

@perfect: mechan and I meet up to discuss and to check the location for the FPV meeting we are planing on. So we will inform everybody when we know the exact dates

Mechnan
25th November 2011, 05:55 PM
Sounds great!
Do you have a 5.8GHz Tx?

egosession
25th November 2011, 06:17 PM
Pm send

No, I dont have a 5.8ghz TX. But I have several 2.4ghz TX and RX's if you want to test out this frequenzy. ImmersionRC compatible, so it should be plug and play.

Mechnan
25th November 2011, 06:59 PM
Well I'm already on 2.4 for the controls, so that wont work. But thanks for the offer.

philthyy
6th January 2012, 03:31 PM
Did you guys have this meet? If you did, and you took pictures and video, could you post them? It would be really cool to see FPV from this meet!

egosession
6th January 2012, 11:36 PM
Not yet... we let you know when something happend...

AtariJoe
12th April 2012, 10:35 AM
Hi guys.
If some planning might be coming up for the summer season... we have a group of 8 FPVers in southwest Germany (Karlsruhe-Stuttgart). Some of us have been to Austria last year and would like to get something up in the mountains again. Would love to know if any plans come together for a meet within reach, say 4 days or more. Is 1,3 GHz usable in your area?

Prefect
13th April 2012, 08:12 AM
This would be great. However I think the place should be reachable with the car within 3 or 4h or so. Then we could meet on Friday and fly till Sunday. There should be a lot of mountains :-)

10 or more people can be tricky. You can fly with about 3 planes simultaneously, but you have to fly at the same distance from the starting location.

The mountains around Appenzell in Switzerland are perfect for flying. Just watch out for the paragliders. Any other suggestions?

Regards!
Chris

Mechnan
14th April 2012, 08:26 AM
The mountains around Appenzell in Switzerland are perfect for flying. Just watch out for the paragliders. Any other suggestions?

Grindelwald, we could fly the eiger nordwand.

Dionysos
14th April 2012, 09:11 AM
Hi,
I'm interested, too, can I join, can I join? :)
I'll be in Southern Germany (Munich) from 11.06-21.06. Wanna fly in the Alps, too. Planning is always tricky, so I won't bother if we cannot meet - no strings attached, but it would sure be great to see 2-3 guys flying. I'll be using TSLRS and 2.4GHZ bevrc for video.

Dio