PDA

View Full Version : crashed my ads 400q tonight

helizrnew2me
2nd August 2013, 09:01 PM
so i havent flown the 400q in awhile and needed to drain the lipos .so i go out back shoot some 1080p and drain the lipo .

had a power failure at about 50-60 feet up (got the video) thing drops out the sky like a brick,luckily it came down thru some tree leaves and landed besides my work van in the grass.
damage
whole top plate sheared off(no damage to plate just sheared the nylons right off)
flight controller sheared all its nylons so its flopping around in there
broke 2 props

sheared 1 rubber mount but repaired it with super glue

gopro flew off its mount ,good thing i have it in its case
thats about it ...no frame damage at all,i was shocked ,it fell from pretty far up .like at the top of the tree. i will load a short video later .

helizrnew2me
2nd August 2013, 10:52 PM
heres the video edit ....i made it much shorter than it was so i wouldnt bore you too long .i also debunked the myth about looking in windows(thats my bedroom window )all you see is a reflection .
i was about at the top of the tree when i had a ec3 connector failure and a total power out .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYz87A5cAUk&feature=youtu.be

hawaiitaco
2nd August 2013, 11:26 PM
DING!.

swillhide
2nd August 2013, 11:34 PM
That is a long way down. Time to dump ec3 and get deans

helizrnew2me
2nd August 2013, 11:38 PM
That is a long way down. Time to dump ec3 and get deans
yeah its really making me rethink the whole ec3 use thing .but i`m knee deep in ec3`s now .yeah it was a long drop .frame did not break at all .just a bunch of nylon parts and couple props .its back together now but awaiting the ec3 connector replacement

swillhide
2nd August 2013, 11:41 PM
Don't do it, ec3 is horrid. Get on eBay and order bulk knock off deans cause they work just as good.

chatch
2nd August 2013, 11:45 PM
I'll send a nylon care pack if you need it. Glad nothing broke.

I switched to xt60. It cost a lot, like $80 for a good amount of connectors that will last me a while.

helizrnew2me
3rd August 2013, 12:07 AM
appreciate the offer chris but i just ordered from hobbyking usa warehouse .i could use a new rubber bobbin .waiting on those new ones too