PDA

View Full Version : 4th semi-annual Swansea multirotor event

signguy
2nd August 2013, 11:16 AM
Hi all

I'm announcing the 4th semi-annual/bi-annual multirotor event, to be held at the Ice Cream Barn, in Swansea MA on September 7th from 10-???.

This is a fun fly event. No contest...... Yet........unless you guys want to have fpv races, or obstacal courses, etc.... I'll let you decide.

A low key, have fun time, like the last meet. There is a great field, the best homemade ice cream, and lots of info/help for newbies.

No AMA required, but , a waiver MUST be signed by all fliers before flying.

Multi's and light hand launch aircraft only. No Helicopters.

We had 26 pilots last time, and all had a great time.

Email me for more info at
signguybob@gmail.com

Thanks
BobD

the ice cream barn facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ice-Cream-Barn-Baker-Farm/160727481521

link to this years first event thread on rcgroups
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836300

UFCelt
2nd August 2013, 07:24 PM
If it will be as much fun and informative as the spring one you can count me in.

signguy
2nd August 2013, 09:16 PM
hope you bring something to fly this time, maybe we won't have the wind we had last time...............

etheli
3rd August 2013, 04:46 PM
Count me in. :] Would love to do multirotor racing like we did at the last one.

--ET

UFCelt
3rd August 2013, 11:34 PM
Amen to the wind, a nice calm day would be great. I am hoping to have one of my tricopters flying by then and I have the DJI Phantom flying and working on getting the FPV stuff set up and running. I have been hoping to hook up with you sometime to fly and ask questions but work and life keep getting in the way, averaging 60+ hours a week and two days taking care of my Dad on the Cape, not much free time.

Joesa3rd
4th August 2013, 03:08 AM
Bob,
I'm in for this one.... I missed that last one due to other commitments.

Joe

signguy
4th August 2013, 05:57 PM
3020830209I hope to have my new FPV flying squirrel ready for the meet. Here are a couple pictures...3/8" ply 176g unfinished. 1.5" between props with 9" props.

UFCelt
4th August 2013, 06:24 PM
Flying Squirrel looks cool, nice job.