PDA

View Full Version : Birddog 2212-13 motor nuts.

PeteDee
6th July 2013, 05:16 PM
Hi MG are you going to have some spare nuts available? Have not lost one yet but I can see me dropping one and not being able to find it and having no spares.

Thanks.

Pete

yatza
7th July 2013, 01:08 AM
what size shaft do the motors have?

you could just buy a small box of nyloc nuts from bunnings or a fastener store.

PeteDee
7th July 2013, 01:27 AM
They are M5, yes I could and probably should just grab some nyloc nuts.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
7th July 2013, 09:22 PM
Hi Guys,

The plan is to actually include Nylocks with all our motors. I personally have never had one spin off, but I know of some that have... so I am investigating this now.

Cheers
MG

PeteDee
8th July 2013, 03:37 AM
Once I get my replacement Core I will have a play with the new motors, just wondering.

Pete

PeteDee
11th July 2013, 04:24 AM
Specialty Fasteners today, 13 cents for zinc plated or 23 cents for stainless, I went for stainless steel goodness, might hit them with a black texta (sharpie for non Aussie's) though.

Still o sign of the replacement Core though dagnabit.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
11th July 2013, 06:02 AM
Hi Pete.

Excellent!

My plan it to supply all Bird Dog motors with Nylock nuts. Much safer on a Multi!!

PeteDee
11th July 2013, 03:58 PM
Well fingers crossed I get my new Core today and I can complete the rebuild of my Disco and try it out with the new motors, Core and new battery packs and newest firmware.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
11th July 2013, 08:04 PM
GooD luck mate!

PeteDee
12th July 2013, 05:33 PM
No luck... :-(

Mongrel Gear
12th July 2013, 08:06 PM
Wha?? No Core?

PeteDee
16th July 2013, 03:30 PM
Arrived Monday, wired up and tested, working just as it should but had to temp wire it in as I destroyed the header pins when removing the failed Core and none included with the new Core. Off to Jaycar and bought a new strip of header pins and went to install it and damn and blast wouldn't you know TBS don't use the standard 2.54mm spacing pin headers like everyone else in the entire universe do they, off to RS Components omline to order some pin header strips with 2.0mm spacing, hopefully arrive today.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
16th July 2013, 06:35 PM
Bugger!

It's one of the the reasons we spent a fortune on a commercial de-solderer. It makes life easy to heat the pins and an electric sucker, sucks the solder out. I can remove a core within a couple of minutes.

I know that's no good to you now... but I thought I would share maybe for next time. ;)

PeteDee
17th July 2013, 05:14 AM
We have a couple at work, I will borrow one next time maybe.... it really is not a big deal if you have spare 2mm header strips, but if you have the wrong type it becomes a bit of a pain.

Not sure why I am overly worried at the moment, looks like the weather is just getting worse as the week goes on, Saturday looks like getting all the way up to 7 degrees, I just hope it snows so I can get out and get some good footage.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
17th July 2013, 07:36 PM
I KNOW!! :(

There is a break here today - so I am going to take advantage of it!!

PeteDee
18th July 2013, 04:22 AM
Looked half okay but I had to work sadly.

Mongrel Gear
21st July 2013, 05:32 AM
Weather is still crap!! :(