PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is going right :(



PilotKeeg
6th October 2011, 03:13 AM
uggh... no progress on my zephyr in a month.

I really just don't know what to do next,



I have the electronics all wired up but I dont know how to secure them in the bay and how to really mount the camera.



I also still don't have a motor mount or ezuhf rx :( so I haven't really had a motivation to build. Any reccomendations for the motor mount? I stopped at the local ace but they didn't have any right angle aluminum pieces :(



I have servos and the steel push rods with clevices reccommended by the manual but I have no fricken clue how to attach the end that doesn't have a clevice to either the control horn or servo arm.



I ordered a graupner spinning prop adaptor but the collet doesn't fit through the disc or the prop holder. Does anyone have experience with this adaptor? Did you have to drill out the pieces to make it fit together, or did I just get mismatched pieces?



Been trying to get eztelemetry to work (I am not recording my downlink) but it seems to just be not working at all :( I have even tried it with two entirely different fpv setups including a all immersion 5.8ghz system. Even like 10 different ios devices. Really frustrated at this point :( Shouldn't this (http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=429) cable work?



When I was putting the normal lens back on my gopro some dust must have gotten on the sensor because now there are big spots all over the image. :( :( :( Anyone have experience with cleaning a gopro sensor? :(


Sorry for sharing my frustration and problems with everyone, I think I just need to let it all out.

As you can probably tell, I am completely lost on what to do next.

Thanks for any advice or help, :)

-Keegan

Danub
6th October 2011, 03:55 AM
Here is a couple of tips ;)

1. I use a combination of things to secure items in bays, sometimes removable zip ties, if the item does not get hot I will use a dab of hot glue, although lately I have changed to a little wipe of plumbers goop. I will use either to tack down wires, if you use goop just tape it in place for an hour or so then remove tape, Some things get velcro the sticky back type with goop added because the sticky back always peels up. I have removed almost every plug I can from inside my Zeph as I have found they increase failure points. (the wires break at the plug where it is soldered) that is why I now solder and tack with goop, no flexing at the solder joint.


2. I made my last motor mount out of this. I cut and ground it to shape with a dremel, drilled motor mount holes and painted black. Cost under $2
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100374944/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
3. Clevises I use them on both sides. I guess the rod is threaded on one end but not the other? If so thread the one end half way down the threads attach to the servo and (measure twice :0) cut the steel rod. On the un threaded end solder a solder on clevis. Like this:
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GPMQ3811&Click=106800&gdftrk=gdfV23720_a_7c1734_a_7c7524_a_7cGPMQ3811 (http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp? ProductCode=GPMQ3811&Click=106800&gdftrk=gdfV23720_a_7c1734_a_7c7524_a_7cGPMQ3811)
I would just go to your LHS they probably got em'

4. I would have to see pictures airbagit13's setup was very different from mine.

5 & 6 Sorry dude I just don't know.

I hope I helped

Hang in there it will all be good in the end. ;)

PS pardon my post but i been drinkin'

rcmike
6th October 2011, 08:41 AM
The cable you listed for the iPhone app for itelemetry is the same one I have. On the end that goes into the phone there is a small pot to adjust the audio levels. I had to turn mine down a little to get it to work. I think the plastic outer cover screws off but it might just pull off, I can't remember.
I have been trying to get the pc program to work but haven't had any luck. I can get the audio into it but can't get any response from the viewer.

airbagit13
6th October 2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry to here your having all these problems man.

I just use industrial strength velcro to secure everything into the bay.

I bought the wrong collet for my Aero-Naut props as well. I ended up buying this one and it fit great. http://www.newcreations-rc.com/ProductDetails.aspx?itemnumber=HLAN2412

This is the motor mount that I used:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/500-540-600-Size-Model-Boat-Aluminium-Motor-Mount-/400239847916?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d302769ec
It will cost you more to buy the metal and tin snips then just to buy it. Took a few days to get here and I had to drill two holes but It fits perfectly.

To connect the push rods to the servo horns either bend a shallow Z into the end that connects to your servo or go the easy route and use Dubro EZ Connectors: http://shop.dubro.com/products/productdetail/part_number=121/101.0.1.1.5161.5169.0.0.0

No clue about the EZ Telemetry.

JBeloncik
6th October 2011, 12:06 PM
If you can find a pair of specialty z-bend pliers (like these (http://www.greatplanes.com/accys/gpmr8025.html)), they work great! The Dubro EZ Connectors work fine too, but I always felt a little uneasy about them slipping!

Mechnan
17th October 2011, 11:55 AM
it seems i have the same problem with the iTelemetry...