PDA

View Full Version : Will my current list work?

GreenAce92
27th September 2011, 04:40 PM
I am desperate to fly even if my range is limited (till I get a patch antenna built) but I have fall break coming up and would love to get some FPV flying in, but I need to buy the video components and have them in before that time.

I am at a cruddy budget right now, so I can't afford anything expensive (phone bill for $210 my own fault)

This is what I was looking at (biased by prices)
Battery
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_25&products_id=222&zenid=s349df21cj718ahqsbruqna967
Tx
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=225:12f3dd999a60357e1345a5a484bbecb2

Rx
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=349

If I am over seeing some important detail please tell me.

I have bought a portable LCD and the battery I mentioned above is what I plan on powering the ground receiver with, is it enough? 12V at 460mA 20C, not sure on the drain rating of the receiver.

The capacity is really low I know, but if that can last a 15min flight I'd be happy.
I could push it up to a 600V.
What are my other options to power a ground receiver? Perhaps some parallel wired 9v batteries, or ...
I'll have to look into the specs of this receiver.

The power output seems terrible but I have read that the power doesn't necessarily matter it is the gain/sensitivity of your antenna (hence ground patch) and also I was looking at the inverted V (both by IBCrazy).

I just want to fly FPV so badly even if I am limited to under 1 mile radius (that's good enough for me till I get used to FPV flying and get some experience in).

I would like to place my order as soon as I can so if someone could give this a look over and give me a yes or a no go.

Thanks a lot.

Greg
27th September 2011, 05:19 PM
The battery linked is way over priced. You can get a Zippy 2200mah 3S for the same price. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/%5F%5F7636%5F%5FZIPPY%5FFlightmax%5F2200mAh%5F3S1P %5F25C%5F.html

the vTX is fine.. people have great results with it using a tuned antenna.

the vRX is garbage...and this is where you DONT want to go cheap. Get the lawmate standard rx or none at all.

to power your ground station... you can use ANY 12v battery.... nothing more nothing less. the amprage of the battery can be anything. personally i wouldnt use anything under 1500mah on the ground.

I use a 7ah (7000mah) PB (lead acid) battery.

GreenAce92
27th September 2011, 05:27 PM
Oh man, see these components aren't permanent if stock, I am able to fly 1.6km or 1, I would be happy.

This is just so that I have something to fly FPV with till I get the 'real' gear.

Nothing under 1500mah? Well I have a 3s lipo lying around that says it has 12.6volts but it will only run my motor as if it only had 10 what could be the issue?

I also have a 3s lipo which I guess was drained too far below LVC since I cant charge it anymore that is a 1800mah pack

SENTRY
27th September 2011, 06:56 PM
^^ charge it on the NICD setting until it's back to 9ish volts - then charge as a LIPO afterwards. Do this while watching, and prefferably in a LIPO bag.

GreenAce92
27th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Ok that would be at 1.8 amps?

SENTRY
27th September 2011, 07:13 PM
Sure. After it's charged - do a discharge (if your charger allows it) and then balance charge. She should be brought back to life.

GreenAce92
27th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Excellent. I will try this this weekend while I rebuild my FPV bird again.

Alright so say I decide to be a masochist and buy the cruddy parts, what am I looking at as far as performance? Range, video quality , glitches etc...

I really, really , really x 10^9 want to fly FPV even if I'm limited, I'd be happy exploring the ground, my FPV craft is slow, so I wouldn't cover ground very quickly.

This battery we are talking about would power my rx.

I do plan on building an 8dbi patch antenna to help my reception.

But to get a taste of flying, I'd like to buy these parts, or something around this price (90bucks Vtx and Vrx (that's how much money I have now to get the parts in hopefully by next week)

GreenAce92
28th September 2011, 04:51 PM
So I bought some equipment and now I am concerned about placement, attached is an image of where I would like to position my parts according to my airframe.

The two small squares in the center (fuselage) are the supposed camera placements (the camera is a Sony Bloggie HD camcorder) and the square in the middle inner panel of the right wing is where I plan on positioning my Video transmitter, how does this setup look?