PDA

View Full Version : CSFPV Fuselage DECALS!

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 02:02 PM
Greetings pilots!

This project has been a long time coming and we're starting to get very close to opening up a unique storefront that will cater to all of your aircraft customization needs. We're just sorting out the final details for distribution and have sent out a few prototypes to ensure that delivery, application and fitment goes as planned.

CSFPV Fuselage Decals should fit most delta wing shapes but they're designed and best suited to the legendary Ritewing ZephyrII airframe. Currently, we have about 8 designs to choose from, but new ones will be released regularly and more airframes will be accommodated in time.

Each airframe decal kit will include two 24x12inch sheets with transfer film already applied to make installation a breeze. CSFPV Decals are cut out of Oracal631 matte black re-applicable vinyl. The quality of this material allows the end user to re-position the decal if necessary, prevents bubbles from forming and provides a resilient adhesion to your aircraft. We've tried a variety of vinyls and this one is by far our favorite. Custom colours will be available by special request & pricing and is dependent on supplier availability.

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/amperage.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/chromium.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/LooseScrew.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/bigrig.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/SmileandWave.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/soarer.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/shockwave.jpg

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/ampPic1.jpg

I'm interested to hear which designs you guys like best, which other aircraft you'd like to see custom decal sets designed for and what other design schemes you'd like to see available. Any other feedback you may have is more than welcome.

Store is online and fully operational at http://ChickenSashimi.com

Happy flying!

Keok
11th June 2013, 03:42 PM
CHROMIUM for my new Z2, NOW
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif

Grox
11th June 2013, 03:48 PM
Looks great dude! I would say caipirinha but suspect that's already in the pipeline?

Ian Davidson
11th June 2013, 04:13 PM
WOW - AMAZING - I LOVE 'EM !! :D

Vitamin J
11th June 2013, 04:22 PM
These are awesome!

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys.

Yes Grox.. there's some caipi stuff happening.. you'll have to press on Trappy for that. :)

I'll be updating this thread with new designs and airframes as they become available.

Derrick
11th June 2013, 05:58 PM
Great idea... I will send you a PM tonight, I have a plane that I am building that as it comes is near impossible to see when flying formation with others. I was going to try to paint it, however this may be a better alternative (lighter too, paint is like liquid lead).

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 06:01 PM
No problem Derrick.. Have the dimensions ready for me and we'll work on something that should be high-visibility.

Keok.. thanks for your post.. I moved it to the appropriate thread. :)

Traveller
11th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Sweet designs mate!!!

I would so love the Smile & wave decal for a maxi swift :D
Ooh and i reckon that airbagit, me and the swift 2 gang would love them on our wings as well!

WICKED STUFF DUDE!!!!

Regards

T

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 06:35 PM
I'll have to get myself a Maxi Swift and see how the decals match up. :)

Traveller
11th June 2013, 06:40 PM
I can send you the measurements if you want?

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 06:41 PM
Sure! The more aircraft I can fit, the more people it will please.

Cheers.

Traveller
11th June 2013, 06:59 PM
Okay i'll send you the measurements somewhere this week..

Vitamin J
11th June 2013, 07:13 PM
How about a WW2-style set for warbirds? And pretty nose art :D

Traveller
11th June 2013, 07:18 PM
+1 on the nose art!!!! Betty boob here i come :D

SecretSpy711
11th June 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm with Derrick, the gray Skyhunter needs more viz!

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 08:40 PM
Good thinkin' VitaminJ.. I'll see about putting together some more designs for a variety of standard aircraft... as soon as I finish building the online store. :D
Damn stores take a while to get sorted out.. but it should be smooth sailing once it's up and running.

Derrick
11th June 2013, 09:45 PM
No problem Derrick.. Have the dimensions ready for me and we'll work on something that should be high-visibility.

I'm with Derrick, the gray Skyhunter needs more viz!

Yes this would be for the SkyHunter... Here are the dimensions:

Wing (Half span, showing boom pods and wing mounting holes... keep out areas)
Deleted Picture... No longer needed (08/29/2013)

Horizontal

Vertical

chicken sashimi
11th June 2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks Derrick.

Currently on my short-list of airframes to design for:
Skyhunter
Skywalker
Bixler/raptor/penguin...

I think a lot of these aircraft share similar proportions so I might just make designs that suit the average, then the buyer can trim here and there if need be.

Zeeflyboy
12th June 2013, 02:11 AM
RVjet...

I don't own one yet mind you, but i'd like to see one with your decals

Ian Davidson
12th June 2013, 03:01 AM
My X8 has long since bitten the dust, but the X8 must be another prime candidate for some awesome decals, no?

Derrick
21st June 2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks Derrick.

Currently on my short-list of airframes to design for:
Skyhunter
Skywalker
Bixler/raptor/penguin...

I think a lot of these aircraft share similar proportions so I might just make designs that suit the average, then the buyer can trim here and there if need be.

How are things on the Skyhunter front? I started my build last night.

chicken sashimi
21st June 2013, 01:21 PM
Hey Derrick,

To be honest i'm pretty busy cutting samples and trying to get the website ready to go live. Straight-wing decals probably won't come online until the dust settles a little bit and I get a chance to sit down and do some new linework.
We're trying to smooth out our production workflow, set up marketing initiatives and generally live life all at the same time. Hopefully all the work pays off.. not sure how many people are truly going to want to buy decals for their planes, but at least we have the capacity to cut them on demand instead of piling up on inventory that may not sell.

your patience is appreciated!

Derrick
21st June 2013, 01:55 PM
No worries, please PM me when available. I know that I will buy some and SecretSpy711 is in the market too.

As mentioned before, the Grey Skyhunter is about worthless for formation flying unless it is the chase plane... it is very difficult to see in the flight camera (especially when looking down from elevation), it is even hard to see in the HD camera! Here is a video with some shots, I am flying my Deep Reaper and the Skyhunter Belongs to Ian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DueGV_hEFqk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuFMhaCF2A_V871dpzHg0aQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=votgzmgumnU&list=UUuFMhaCF2A_V871dpzHg0aQ

chicken sashimi
21st June 2013, 02:07 PM
Nice flying fellas!

That skyhunter looks pretty badass.
I always wanted a skywalker, but maybe the skyhunter is a looker and it looks a bit more robust.. have you tried them both?

fluorescent vinyl is quite expensive.. I do have some White vinyl in house already though, so when it comes time to cut, I could sell you that at the usual cost.
I want fluo in stock for my own needs, but like i said, it's not cheap.. maybe we can help each other out when the time comes so that everyone gets what they want. :)

Derrick
21st June 2013, 03:02 PM
Nice flying fellas!

That skyhunter looks pretty badass.
I always wanted a skywalker, but maybe the skyhunter is a looker and it looks a bit more robust.. have you tried them both?

fluorescent vinyl is quite expensive.. I do have some White vinyl in house already though, so when it comes time to cut, I could sell you that at the usual cost.
I want fluo in stock for my own needs, but like i said, it's not cheap.. maybe we can help each other out when the time comes so that everyone gets what they want. :)

Thank you...

The Skyhunter is pretty awesome looking, would look better with your artwork making it "pop" to the cameras though. I have flown a Skywalker type plane, it had a skywalker wing, and a T-Tail like a skywalkwer, same dimensions. If flew very well, but not like a wing, not as agile. I have yet to fly the skyhunter, I assume that it will be a little more agile and responsive on the controls.

I understand, and am willing to pay fair price for a product. What ever design you come up with it has to "pop". I fly with others 90% of the time and it is hard enough finding each other in the air, that losing the other plane at distance is a royal PITA.

chicken sashimi
21st June 2013, 03:11 PM
I know your pain Derrick.. I fly with friends mostly as well and the hardest part is finding each other. Often we will make 2-3 designated rendez-vous points in our flight space so that if we ever get disconnected, we simply idle around one of the rendez-vous and wait for our wingmen to regroup before continuing onwards. It's easy and you can designate waypoints from the air during your first pass if necessary.

Zatoichi
21st June 2013, 03:18 PM
How about a WW2-style set for warbirds? And pretty nose art :D
+1^ This Please!

Derrick
24th June 2013, 12:06 AM
I know your pain Derrick.. I fly with friends mostly as well and the hardest part is finding each other. Often we will make 2-3 designated rendez-vous points in our flight space so that if we ever get disconnected, we simply idle around one of the rendez-vous and wait for our wingmen to regroup before continuing onwards. It's easy and you can designate waypoints from the air during your first pass if necessary.

We do this too, the first to the point takes high altitude overwatch. When the plane (like Skyhunter) is grey it is hard to see from above.

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 02:05 PM
I put together a brief instructional video. I'll have this embedded in my product listing page as well.. but in case some people out there, (*cough* perhaps in Colorado? *cough*) end up with pre-release decal sets, watch this vid before installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmujGWOsIuM

Happy flying!

Derrick
25th June 2013, 02:32 PM
Is it just me or did you guys get uncomfortable watching CS rub down that sticker?

;)

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 02:38 PM
You jelly of the decal Derrick?

PDXDave
25th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Is it just me or did you guys get uncomfortable watching CS rub down that sticker?

;)

Yeah, all that "burnishing" was starting to look a bit recreational. ;)

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 02:45 PM
Lol.. you guys are pigs.

Derrick
25th June 2013, 02:57 PM
You jelly of the decal Derrick?

nope, the ones I am after need a little more color.

Yeah, all that "burnishing" was starting to look a bit recreational. ;)

Ha ha... he gets it.

Lol.. you guys are pigs.

lol... you got it!

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 02:58 PM
No.. I "had" it in the first post you quoted. You're the one that missed it. ;)

Derrick
25th June 2013, 03:03 PM
No.. I "had" it in the first post you quoted. You're the one that missed it. ;)

I got the jelly part... but then was confused at the more pointed post after that (#34) leading me to think that the jelly was just a short form.

for the record I am glad that you didn't use jelly, would have been far more uncomfortable.

Going back on topic... Have you experimented with Windex? I used to use this when applying decals over monocoat. It allowed it to slip a little more if needed.

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 03:06 PM
Some people use i've used wet application method for applying tints to my taillights or sliding vinyl onto glass.. I'm not sure it really applies so much for the airframe decals. Probably more complicated than necessary.

Hmerly
25th June 2013, 03:22 PM
Wow, fantastic product CS. Will you do custom prints, say I draw something up and you print/cut it out?

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 03:25 PM
Perhaps.

Lots of other items on the agenda first:
Get the online store open and operating smoothly.
Produce volume for outside retailer.
Produce designs for straight wing airframes.

All that above and beyond my usual dayjob and freelance work.. sheesh.. gotta find time to fly.. oh yeah.. and then there's family. hahaha

all in good time. :D

Wearyman
25th June 2013, 03:26 PM
You need a blue/white "R2D2" patterned one to go with your "These aren't the drones you are looking for" T-Shirt!

EDIT: Also, how did you get the chrome look on your wing? Lam or spray?

Hmerly
25th June 2013, 03:30 PM
These decals make me want to build a new Zii

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 05:06 PM
These decals make me want to build a new Zii

Haha! Same here bud!! CK's blessed me with more foam than I have time for... I can always gather a pile of electronics here and there, but honestly, how many wings can a guy without a garage even own, and still be considered sane?

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 05:07 PM
You need a blue/white "R2D2" patterned one to go with your "These aren't the drones you are looking for" T-Shirt!

EDIT: Also, how did you get the chrome look on your wing? Lam or spray?

The chrome is ultracote chrome.. i forgot the part number.
It's kind of a nightmare to work with.. i probably wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again.. but it sure suits the asthetic of the "Big Rig" decal :D

SecretSpy711
25th June 2013, 06:31 PM
but in case some people out there, (*cough* perhaps in Colorado? *cough*) end up with pre-release decal sets, watch this vid before installation.

<--- ooh ooh pick me pick me!

Derrick
25th June 2013, 06:59 PM
&lt;--- ooh ooh pick me pick me!

Did you see how detailed the dimensions were that I provided?

SecretSpy711
25th June 2013, 07:05 PM
people: noun, plural

or just ignore Derrick, he already got some goodies from another vendor ;-)

ssassen
25th June 2013, 07:14 PM

+1, I want one!

Derrick
25th June 2013, 07:14 PM
people: noun, plural

or just ignore Derrick, he already got some goodies from another vendor ;-)

Lol... I dont consider anything that isn't posted public real unless it actually happens and that hasn't yet. I fully intend to pay CS for his efforts. I'm not looking for free stuff... just what is needed to enjoy the SkyHunter to its full potential given its lack of visibility from another plane.

Vitamin J
25th June 2013, 07:33 PM
Lol you guys are dense, remember I got prizes from CS for the Hartsel meet? :D

Derrick
25th June 2013, 07:58 PM
lol... makes a little more sense now.

SecretSpy711
25th June 2013, 10:15 PM
Oh. Yea. Ahem, I knew that ;)

Derrick
25th June 2013, 10:17 PM
Oh. Yea. Ahem, I knew that ;)

we be dense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-te0pEIa9U

chicken sashimi
25th June 2013, 10:44 PM
haha.. this thread got crazy during my absence!
VJ.. your shipment is packed.. should be shipping out tomorrow. Hopefully that gives ya plenty of time.
drop me a line when you get it and ill help you sort through the goodies.

rdbell
10th July 2013, 12:08 PM

I'm thinking if you could get the amperage or loose screw set in blue and just put it on over some clear laminate with the white foam it'd give that look.

Edit: Just saw the shirt you were talking about. Looks like that's exactly what it is. Just need those "grill" decals to put in the middle.

londonguy
10th July 2013, 12:13 PM
Great idea, I thought about this ages ago but I'm no GFX designer so I didn't really think about it much more. I think it's a great concept and I think you could do quite well selling these decals for common air-frames. People want good looking planes but not very many people have got the skills to make a nice clean design.

I'll definitely take a set for my Z60.

chicken sashimi
10th July 2013, 01:42 PM
I expect the ZII decals should fit the Z60 just as well.
I have a Z60 at home waiting for some love so I'll size up a decal and let you know if they're compatible.

I've got new airframes on the horizon.. lots of interest from outside groups. Definitely keeping me busy.
Store opening is delayed because I have a tall order I need to fill before I can move my efforts over, but until then, if anyone is desperate, drop me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.

Cheers!

londonguy
10th July 2013, 03:05 PM
You should make a bunch of designs up and put up a poll, then choose the top few to print first. Dunno if you've ever seen t-shirt sites that do that, seems to be a cool way to gauge interest and make sure you only print up the popular stuff.

BTW are you gonna offer a choice in vinyl? Some of your more futuristic designs would definitely look bad ass in some carbon fiber effect stuff, but you already thought of that i know :)

chicken sashimi
10th July 2013, 03:10 PM
I can make endless designs available because generally they're cut to order. Since I don't produce them in great numbers (unless I get a large order like what i'm dealing with at the moment), I don't really have to worry about stocking volume or the risk of cutting vinyl that doesn't sell.

I'm starting with black vinyl for the time being. Depending on how well these products sell, I may branch out into other popular requested vinyl colours and textures.
If people don't end up buying these, then there won't be any point to spend a ton of money on a variety of vinyl stock.

playing it safe for the time being.. lots of room to expand if things go well.

Mcrock
10th July 2013, 03:16 PM
All good stuff. . Can you do something for the Nurf from flyingfoam.com
M

chicken sashimi
10th July 2013, 03:20 PM
Perhaps in the future Mcrock, however there are some very popular FPV-centric airframes out there that will be getting priority treatment.

chicken sashimi
12th July 2013, 02:30 AM
A couple of sneaky peeks at early mockups for a crowd favorite airframe!

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/penguinpeak001.jpg
CosmicMonarch

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/penguinpeak002.jpg
ArcticAmperage

http://chickensashimi.com/wingDecals/penguinpeak003.jpg
FalconCrest

:D

Hmerly
12th July 2013, 03:32 PM
So when are you going to start selling these? I am seriously considering buying my fourth ZII just so I can get these decals to go on it =)

Zatoichi
12th July 2013, 03:42 PM
Freekin AWESOME man!

chicken sashimi
12th July 2013, 04:33 PM
Hmerly.. the shop is still closed because I've been busy trying to fill a large order that Trappy made for the TBS shop.
However, I've been letting a few sets slip through the cracks for some passionate pilots who've gotten in touch with me directly.

The shop will go live as soon as I finish Trappy's order (should be soon) and get these new Airframe Decal sets (penguin and miniZ) added to the store.
Contact me directly and we'll get you sorted out. :D

chicken sashimi
24th July 2013, 05:23 PM
THE STORE IS OPEN at long last!
Sorry about the delay!

The CSFPV Airframe Decal and Sticker store is officially open!

Currently we've got Airframe Decals available to customize your Ritewing ZephyrII or similarly shaped delta wings. Within a month, we will be featuring custom decals for the miniZ and Finwing Penguin.

ChickenSashimi.com (http://ChickenSashimi.com)is your one stop shop to trick out your FPV Hardware, Airframes and Wardrobe!

Stop by to check out our current contest submissions and see what cool products we have on offer!

Today in the T-Shirt store: Free shipping using code: xmasinjuly
Everyday in the decal shop: One airframe set for $35, two for $60.

Have fun and Fly in Style!
-cs

Derrick
24th July 2013, 05:39 PM
Here is a pic from the Colorado meet...

Mine is the one that has no colors...

On a side note... I wanted to give you a big thank you for the care package you sent for the meet. It was awesome to see your work in person.

Blizzard1287
24th July 2013, 09:49 PM
Chicken, I have a black EPP airframe, any chance you have white vinyl details?

chicken sashimi
24th July 2013, 11:19 PM
On a side note... I wanted to give you a big thank you for the care package you sent for the meet. It was awesome to see your work in person.

Indeed.. the screenshots and pics don't do them justice. When I cut my first decal and pulled away all the extra vinyl, even I was taken by surprise. :D
I'm glad they were so popular at the meet!
I'm looking forward to having more straight-wing designs available so as to cater to a broader range of pilots.

Chicken, I have a black EPP airframe, any chance you have white vinyl details?

Hey Blizz.. for now all I have is black. I do have a limited supply in white, but I'm not particularly keen on that brand of vinyl because it's a lot less forgiving than the brand I choose for my line of products.

CSFPV as a whole is doing well these days, so I expect it wont be long before we've got a variety of colours available for people to pick from.
Someone on here (simpson maybe?) has a Penguin with red details on the wings and it looks sick, so i'm eager to get some RED, WHITE and a couple Fluorescent colours in stock.

I still haven't decided how I will dress my own penguin yet. Have to finish her first, then I can decide on an appropriate trim style. :D

Derrick
24th July 2013, 11:35 PM
Indeed.. the screenshots and pics don't do them justice. When I cut my first decal and pulled away all the extra vinyl, even I was taken by surprise. :D
I'm glad they were so popular at the meet!
I'm looking forward to having more straight-wing designs available so as to cater to a broader range of pilots.

Hey Blizz.. for now all I have is black. I do have a limited supply in white, but I'm not particularly keen on that brand of vinyl because it's a lot less forgiving than the brand I choose for my line of products.

CSFPV as a whole is doing well these days, so I expect it wont be long before we've got a variety of colours available for people to pick from.
Someone on here (simpson maybe?) has a Penguin with red details on the wings and it looks sick, so i'm eager to get some RED, WHITE and a couple Fluorescent colours in stock.

I still haven't decided how I will dress my own penguin yet. Have to finish her first, then I can decide on an appropriate trim style. :D

How about like a penguin... like the bird. Im sure you can make a play off of that right?

chicken sashimi
24th July 2013, 11:37 PM
A penguin on the penguin? That's very META.

I'm going to put emphasis on what has been selling so far for the ZII decals.
"Amperage" is by far and away the crowd favorite.. So there's going to be a few similarly techy-futuristic styles to look forward to for all airframes.

Fun stuff!

Traveller
25th July 2013, 05:40 AM
Here is a pic from the Colorado meet...

Mine is the one that has no colors...

Hey Derrick, cool photo.. which model is that? looks good :D

Traveller
25th July 2013, 06:00 AM
Cs, The store looks great dude! My compliments!

SecretSpy711
26th July 2013, 02:04 PM
hey CS, how about sheets of "fighter ace" symbols? ...like the ones you see on fighter aircraft just below the cockpit signify how many kills a pilot has. I could put two of these on my Jeep since it took out 2 airplanes at the Colorado meet!

(please no schwastika's, some kind of airplane symbol is more appropriate!)

chicken sashimi
26th July 2013, 02:06 PM
Indeed, that's a good idea.

I've already got the Ghz feq's which is kind of suitable..
But a graphic falcon, or various stars and emblems would be very cool for customizing a variety of airframes!

I like it!

While designing for the penguin, it's looking more and more like the airframe itself will not take a decal covering as well as the flat wing surfaces. So smaller localized graphics like that would suit being on the flanks of the canopy quite nicely!

Derrick
26th July 2013, 02:08 PM
Hey Derrick, cool photo.. which model is that? looks good :D

Those are the FPV Model SkyHunter (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?9731-SKYHUNTER-New-1.8m-twintail-FPV-EPO-platform&highlight=SkyHunter)... It is in my opinion the best Utility FPV plane on the market right now. It has a massive payload capacity as well as volume. It flies great too.

chicken sashimi
26th July 2013, 02:10 PM
have you owned a penguin and a skywalker to compare it to?

Psylokz
26th July 2013, 02:35 PM
How about like a penguin... like the bird. Im sure you can make a play off of that right?

Aren't penguins unable to fly? :eek:

londonguy
26th July 2013, 02:42 PM
Aren't penguins unable to fly? :eek:

They fly if you stick a big fat motor up their arse.

Derrick
26th July 2013, 02:46 PM
have you owned a penguin and a skywalker to compare it to?

No... but I have inspected each thoroughly on the ground and I still hold to my OPINION that the SkyHunter is the best Utility FPV plane on the market (Penguin coming in a close second). Here is a video from the Colorado meet of the "race" (This is the winning run... SecretSpy711 is the pilot). Penguin is second in my opinion because of its flight characteristics (this is completely dependent of the pilot and their preferences though, I like wings, so I have more of a performance oriented outlook on a plane's flight characteristics).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WvBkAco5Cqs

The plane tracks very well, has a very large speed envelope, and is much more durable than expected... plane was put back together and flying within an hour of the end of this video. It also has a massive (I mean MASSIVE!) cargo bay with built-in/removable electronics tray. I can literally stick my hand in the opening where the "canopy goes" and reach the back of the fuselage where the motor/ESC wires are. The plane isn't built for speed, but it is no slouch either, it isn't a high performance glider but it doesn't drop like a rock either... It is the Sport Utility Plane of FPV (Jack of all trades, Master of None). If you get a chance check it out. The biggest complaint that I have is assembly/dis-assembly at the field, I drive a Jeep Wrangler and there isn't a lot of space with the rear seat installed with a kids seat, this means that I have to fully disassemble it.

Psylokz
26th July 2013, 02:48 PM
It all becomes clear now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Seriously though, is it the rounded EPO surfaces the decals have difficulty sticking to?

chicken sashimi
26th July 2013, 03:11 PM
Maybe someone who's in charge of selling Skyhunters will send me one so that I can make a custom decal set perfectly tailored to fit.

On the side of the fuse, to begin with, there's not too much area to work with in the first place.. Perhaps from the equator (hipline) down towards the landing gear and lower chest (front) of the fuse I'll be able to work something out.. but the curvature of the body means that there's more room for error at the end-user level. It's really important for me to make designs that are a happy medium between stylish and easy to install for all end users.

I can take liberties and be more adventurous when it comes to my own airplanes, but for sale and distribution, I have to produce a product that is practically a guaranteed success for the end-user to install. That means less curved surface coverage and more designs consisting of smaller more managable shapes.

Never fear.. my current penguin prototype mockups is looking ****ing crazy if i do say so myself.. It's going to be hard to throw this hangar queen into the air!

SecretSpy711
27th July 2013, 02:59 PM
more inspiration for ya....

Blizzard1287
30th July 2013, 11:47 PM
Chicken, any thought about making car details? I see those simple round black and white ones everywhere.... make one that just says FPV or FP^, I'd buy it!

chicken sashimi
31st July 2013, 03:04 PM
No immediate plans for ground pounders at the moment blizzard. Plenty of my stickers would look at home on the hood of a Tonka though. Get creative :)

longgtom
9th August 2013, 09:20 AM
Chicken, I was browsing one of my fave t-shirt sites (http://www.threadless.com) and was wondering if it ever struck you to do submissions? For example, someone has some design skills and wants to do their own design, sends you the eps/svg/ps file and you can add it to your portfolio. The submitter pays for their design, and if someone else likes that design, the designer gets point/credits/% for each further sale that you make from that design.
This is not to say that I don't like your designs of course!

ssassen
9th August 2013, 10:13 AM
His T-shirts are already on there, here's an example:

https://threadless-media.s3.amazonaws.com/submissions/506737-27e0ac9da28e2b4604cbbcaa085328bd.jpg

longgtom
9th August 2013, 10:34 AM
Nice shirt!
I should have been clearer though, what I meant was, what if people submit decal designs to Chicken's site for their planes?

simpsonj
9th August 2013, 11:34 AM
Just added this decal to my Penguin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QaKxLF21y4

Was originally looking for a Spaceballs slogan "We brake for nobody"
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110804142107/headhuntersholosuite/images/6/6c/Spaceball_One_001.jpg

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 04:29 PM
Unlikely that I'll be setting up such a system longtom. I've got too much work on my plate and too little web development experience to implement such a system.
This hobby has truly become a second job at this point, between the T's the Decals and the Freelance design work, things have been crazy around here!

I've got a week long vacation booked at the end of august and I'm very much looking forward to catching up on some extremely neglected sleep cycles and getting some flights in over the beach.

Hey simpson... if you have a documented wiring schematic for your penguin, can you send it over to me via pm or through facebook?
Details on how you're shielding your system, powering your fpv setup etc would be handy. In the breif penguin flight I had, I still noticed throttle/osd interfence.. this issue plagues all my builds to a certain degree.. so i'm always curious to see what people with similar hardwares are doing differently.

cheers.

simpsonj
9th August 2013, 04:46 PM
CS ,
Okay if I hand sketch it on paper then photo it?

Yes, I have a very particular layout.

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 04:47 PM
anything you got would be great. thanks bud.
Single battery setup?

simpsonj
9th August 2013, 04:49 PM
anything you got would be great. thanks bud.
Single battery setup?

Sander be darn, I run a tbs core with two batteries

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 04:53 PM
haha... I won't deny that I've seriously contemplated going to the dark side with a two pack config. eeep.

simpsonj
9th August 2013, 05:06 PM
haha... I won't deny that I've seriously contemplated going to the dark side with a two pack config. eeep.

I have another setup with same components running one battery to be fair. Just not installed in a rig. Waiting to buy a z2 when I have the cheddar. Ill send you a sketch of component layout first. I think that's the biggest thing.

ssassen
9th August 2013, 05:17 PM
Sander be darn, I run a tbs core with two batteries

What do you know, I just found out that tickets are cheap to Virginia Beach nowadays! You better have that barbecue ready when I land! :D

simpsonj
9th August 2013, 05:48 PM
What do you know, I just found out that tickets are cheap to Virginia Beach nowadays! You better have that barbecue ready when I land! :D

Sander, you come to Virginia Beach and all the accommodations are taken care of...

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 05:52 PM
Vancouver girls v. s. Virginia Beach girls. hrrrmmm.. tough call.

Derrick
9th August 2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe someone who's in charge of selling Skyhunters will send me one so that I can make a custom decal set perfectly tailored to fit.

All the dimensions are here...
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?16908-CSFPV-Fuselage-DECALS!&p=282295&viewfull=1#post282295

If you need any more let me know, there are 5+ here in CO I can get dimensions from.

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 06:02 PM
Patience friend.. good things come to those who wait.

And I'm not talking long-fabled 2.4Ghz unicorns like those IRC fellas. :D
Give it a couple months and I'll have a bunch of new airplanes sorted out... just really slammed these days.

xtrmtrk
9th August 2013, 07:21 PM
I don't want to be pushy, but are the Penguin fuse decals available for sale yet? I'm not seeing them on your retail site. I'm seeing the ones for wings...

chicken sashimi
9th August 2013, 07:24 PM
Not yet.. .soon. We're close.
Hopefully by the end of august.

p.s. stop being so pushy!
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/200593-1/Pushy-toddler-denied.gif

PabloJaime
16th August 2013, 02:26 AM
Hi CS, I'm sorry if diturb your peace in Friday, but maybe and I'm just saying.. Maybe you need to update de first post of this thread with at least the link to the decals store... Don't ask why I'm asking this...
Thanks!!

chicken sashimi
16th August 2013, 02:45 AM
Thanks Pablo.. done. :)

chicken sashimi
16th August 2013, 03:08 PM
Here's a sneaky peek at the first Penguin Airframe Decal prototype!

Kind of a blend between the Amperage and Chromium themes. Hafta put together a few others then they'll be available in store. :)

Anixs
17th August 2013, 06:26 PM
I might have to get me a Penguin! Those black decals look sweet!

PabloJaime
21st September 2013, 11:34 AM
So... where are my MiniZ fuselage decals????? :P

PabloJaime
24th September 2013, 11:42 AM
Hi Chicken, one more question.. the decals for the ZII are for one side of the wing or comes the stickers for both sides?
Thanks!!

chicken sashimi
24th September 2013, 04:07 PM
Hey guys.. sorry I've been MIA lately.. I recently was laid-off from my day job and have been busily working on getting my portfolio and resume into the right hands in order to get back into the workforce before the holiday slowdown. Aside from that, my freelance work has been keeping me very busy. Our favorite RC Vendors are all getting some Sashimi love in one way or another and their assignments take precedent over my own decal store expansions.

Demand for the miniZ decals is low but not for long.. CK and I have some special plans for the MiniZ coming soon... more info on that in a little bit.

Pablo, I can certainly send whatever you order to you in israel... I'm surprised it's not available on my storefront.. I'll look into it.
Yes, the decal sets for the ZII come as two sheets.. suitable for covering either the entire top or bottom of the wing.

cheers.

PabloJaime
24th September 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks!!

PabloJaime
24th September 2013, 05:35 PM
HullTech was Purchased!!!! :))

PabloJaime
28th November 2013, 03:45 PM
HullTech was Purchased!!!! :))

And installed... :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1402438_10202653225870711_166604292_o.jpg

chicken sashimi
28th November 2013, 04:00 PM
OH man.. that looks absolutely KICKASS!! Thanks for sharing the pic Pablo!! Great work!! wow.

Zeeflyboy
28th November 2013, 04:01 PM
Like some sort of techno wasp!

Nice job

PabloJaime
28th November 2013, 04:29 PM
Thank guys!!!!!! :)

PabloJaime
28th November 2013, 04:30 PM
BTW, the wife says it's too Macho in that side... :)

chicken sashimi
28th November 2013, 05:03 PM
Shouldn't she be focusing on her pink miniZ instead of critiquing your build?

PabloJaime
28th November 2013, 05:03 PM
LOL

Mroizo01
28th November 2013, 07:39 PM
looks awsome Pablo, this motivates me to order some decals aswell !

PabloJaime
24th December 2013, 06:03 AM
Today I find the Penguin stikers at RMRC... :)

constantmotion
23rd June 2014, 09:10 AM
Is there anything in the works for decals specifc for the Skywalker or the SkyHunter?

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 11:54 AM
Or the Dancing Spanner? (http://www.dwhobby.com/epp-fpv-plane.html)

SecretSpy711
23rd June 2014, 12:11 PM
there once was... a long time ago Derrick measured the SkyHunter and put together a very detailed drawing but nothing ever came of it.

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 12:19 PM
there once was... a long time ago Derrick measured the SkyHunter and put together a very detailed drawing but nothing ever came of it.

^ Troll? Why would anyone fly a SkyHunter now that the Dancing Spanner is released? :confused::confused:

SecretSpy711
23rd June 2014, 12:34 PM
troll? just giving a bit of history, and mebbe give CS some more motivation to finish it :-)

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 12:46 PM
troll? just giving a bit of history, and mebbe give CS some more motivation to finish it :-)

Worth a shot I guess. :) I was thinking from a business standpoint -- it might not be profitable to sell SkyHunter decals when the masses are switching to Dancing Spanners. But maybe SkyHunter decals will sell nicely for those who already own that craft.

What sayest thou, Great Sashimi?

Derrick
23rd June 2014, 12:46 PM
^ Troll? Why would anyone fly a SkyHunter now that the Dancing Spanner is released? :confused::confused:

I am curious what you actually think about how this "Dancing Spanner" flies, I am willing to bet that you will have a whole mess of dancing video. :)

D

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 01:08 PM
I am curious what you actually think about how this "Dancing Spanner" flies, I am willing to bet that you will have a whole mess of dancing video. :)

Took it on vacation with me but my Mobius crapped out. :( But I currently own more Dancing Spanners than anyone on the planet (except the factory) so I feel qualified to share my opinions.

HITS

- Flies slow-ish
- People aren't threatened by it

MISSES

- Thrust angle issues
- Lots of wing-rock in the wind
- No ailerons or flaps
- Supplied motor/servos burn out on 1st flight
- Landing gear wheels fall off mid-flight
- High drag, uses more cruise amps than a Skywalker 1900
- Poor quality kit hardware
- Strange foam that most glue/tape won't stick to
- Offensive to the eyes
- Invites plenty of ridicule
- No CSFPV decals available

In short, it's a nice plane!

Captain Dirtblender
23rd June 2014, 01:18 PM
Or the Dancing Spanner? (http://www.dwhobby.com/epp-fpv-plane.html)

I'm glad this design is working out for you, but I just can't make myself dig it. Does it fly nice?

[Edit] ...Somehow missed the above post with hits and misses. Guess that pretty much answers my last question.

Psylokz
23rd June 2014, 01:27 PM
:eek:
You're joking right? Comparing this 3ch EPP tractor to a SkyHunter?

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 01:28 PM
I'm glad this design is working out for you, but I just can't make myself dig it. Does it fly nice?

If you already suffer from low self-esteem and don't mind extra ridicule, then it's a nice slow FPV plane that's easy to fly (3 channel). Would be an epic FPV trainer too. All it needs is to rock some CSFPV decals.

Anixs
23rd June 2014, 01:30 PM
:eek:
You're joking right? Comparing this 3ch EPP tractor to a SkyHunter?

One word: RUDDER.

Dancing Spanner: 1
Skyhunter: 0

SecretSpy711
23rd June 2014, 01:53 PM
One word: Ailerons
Skyhunter: a million
DS: 1

chicken sashimi
23rd June 2014, 03:30 PM
Lol... What the hell is going on in here? I leave for ten minutes and the whole thread goes off the rails!

I just finished a decal set for the skyhunter as an exclusive to RMRC. Contact Tim for details if you're interested. No word on when it'll be released.

chicken sashimi
23rd June 2014, 03:50 PM
Wtf? Thread was closed by accident. Sorry chaps.

Vitamin J
24th June 2014, 10:16 AM
Hopefully Derrick can get a free set of RMRC SH decals for his contribution!

chicken sashimi
24th June 2014, 11:14 AM
I guess that's between Derrick and RMRC.

RMRC and I however work independently from Derrick, so I'm not too sure they owe him anything.. Unless he's got previous arrangements with them.. But again, that would be between him and them.

Hmerly
17th August 2014, 09:53 PM
Do a decal for the zephyr 3!

chicken sashimi
17th August 2014, 09:56 PM
I'll have to send Chris some ZII decals to see if they fit on his new bird.. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Lord knows they would fit better on a zephyr 3 than they do on a SkyHunter. lol

Anixs
17th August 2014, 09:57 PM
People still fly SkyHunters?? Why???

Derrick
17th August 2014, 09:57 PM
LOL... I deleted the pictures, and dimensions almost a year ago today.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?16908-CSFPV-Fuselage-DECALS!&p=282295&viewfull=1#post282295

Why not?

chicken sashimi
17th August 2014, 09:59 PM

You're gonna see a lot more of them soon, RMRC just started carrying them.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:01 PM
LOL... I deleted the pictures, and dimensions almost a year ago today.

Why not?

I guess because they haven't flown the revolutionary Dancing Spanner yet? It's ok, at least I get a chuckle when I see someone with a SkyHunter.

chicken sashimi
17th August 2014, 10:03 PM
Anixs is a straight-up hater!
There's no room for haters in the FPV world!

Unless you're talking about DJI apparently. or china. .. or the FAA.. or RCG... fukit.. you know what? HATE ON BITCHES!

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:03 PM
I hate your astute observations!

Derrick
17th August 2014, 10:06 PM
I think that the Spanner has is merits, but I don't feel that these aircraft can be compared. They are to different in shape, size, speed, wind handling, battery carrying... well just no comparison really.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:07 PM
I think that the Spanner has is merits, but I don't feel that these aircraft can be compared. They are to different in shape, size, speed, wind handling, battery carrying... well just no comparison really.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm in 100% agreement with Derrick. :) The SkyHunter is definitely no comparison at all.... ;)

Derrick
17th August 2014, 10:10 PM
So... I tried to do some research on the Dancing Spanner and this is all that I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxdN5MH28yY

Do you have anything better than this? Something that shows what kind of performance this plane has.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:11 PM
Hey look, the DSpanner took off from the ground! Considering the SkyHunter can't even do that, it fails before the comparison even begins

Derrick
17th August 2014, 10:15 PM
Hey look, the DSpanner took off from the ground! Considering the SkyHunter can't even do that, it fails before the comparison even begins

Well, when I see proof that it can perform like this I will consider it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COlpGrg508M&list=UUuMRKRaYjg6T6bAPuVs6Gbw

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:18 PM
LOL you are you joking right? The rudderless SkyHunter can't even do a basic hammerhead turn. FAIL. But hey, I'm open to being proved wrong!! Why don't you call up the air force and tell them to dispense with rudders on all their aircraft? After all, that video convinced you of rudderless performance.:rolleyes:

Derrick
17th August 2014, 10:26 PM
Sure thing, I guess we should tell them that they don't need ailerons either.

I was serious about looking into this plane... let me know if there are any decent videos that show its performance.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:29 PM
To be honest, the plane has no performance.. hence the lack of performance videos.. :(

Derrick
17th August 2014, 10:30 PM
To be honest, the plane has no performance.. hence the lack of performance videos.. :(

So what can it do? What are the reasons that I should get one to replace any of my other aircraft?

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:32 PM
Nothing really, aside from being a 3ch FPV trainer plane maybe... It also gets lots of ridicule.

Psylokz
17th August 2014, 10:39 PM
Errrmmmm... Decals.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:44 PM
What about Skywalker decals? That has got to be one of the most popular FPV planes out there...

Captain Dirtblender
17th August 2014, 10:51 PM
I bet if you put coochie scented scratch n sniff decals all over that D-Spanner you still couldn't sell one to a 14 yr old boy.... it might be the sweetest flying birdie on the market, but damn...it's uglier than my ex wife.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 10:54 PM
How dare you :mad:

Captain Dirtblender
17th August 2014, 10:55 PM
j/k Anixs.... it looks way better than the sailplane I stupidly lent to my brother for a trainer.

Anixs
17th August 2014, 11:01 PM
I doubt any airplane is uglier than the D-Spanner. Even CSFPV decals can't save it! :(

Hmerly
18th August 2014, 12:01 AM
You could send me a set and I'll let you know if it fits on the z3 ;)

I'll have to send Chris some ZII decals to see if they fit on his new bird.. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Lord knows they would fit better on a zephyr 3 than they do on a SkyHunter. lol

chicken sashimi
18th August 2014, 12:21 AM
You could send me a set and I'll let you know if it fits on the z3 ;)

Don't think I didn't already consider it... If I had a set already cut, I totally would.. but my work schedule is jammed with builds and flight testing and all kind of other fun shit... I just don't have time on the cutter at the moment.

On a related note however, I DO happen to have TWO Penguin decal sets (top and fuse only) sitting on my bench with no home. They'll pretty up any penguin (and lord knows she needs it!).

They're FREE (minus shipping) to anyone who will post a picture of themselves hugging their finwing penguin, despite how ugly that plane is.

They come together looking like this: (Only the decals I have were cut in royal blue vinyl) So its a sweet blue+white
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/images/CL-BLACK.jpg

Maximus
18th August 2014, 07:49 AM
They're FREE (minus shipping) to anyone who will post a picture of themselves hugging their finwing penguin, despite how ugly that plane is.

Win!!

http://www.fatponies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Penguin.jpg

PabloJaime
18th August 2014, 04:19 PM
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10525636_893361947360514_7981757932752083923_n.jpg

chicken sashimi
18th August 2014, 04:24 PM
No. You're doing it wrongs.

PabloJaime
18th August 2014, 04:45 PM
:( .

pldb64
27th August 2014, 09:09 PM
CS - not sure if you saw the post from the other day that showed the dimensions of a Z3 wing (included here).

Will your decals fit? Looking to place an order but it would be a long way to send something only to end up disappointed if it didn't fit :-)

Thanks

chicken sashimi
27th August 2014, 10:10 PM
Hey bud.

I don't have any printed decal sets to size them up against the Z3 numbers at the moment.. but if you or anyone else reading this has a ZII, you could simply lay the ZII over top of the Z3 in order to do a comparison. Big scale differences or angle changes will be obvious with the two wings stacked atop each other.

pldb64
27th August 2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks CS - i don't have a ZII and i haven't been able to find any info about the dimensions for a ZII and how it compares. Hopefully one of the guys that already has a Z3 might be able to assist.

chicken sashimi
27th August 2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah.. I expect most guys who are working on Z3 builds this soon after release will have some kind of ZII in their background. :)

Hopefully someone can hook us up with a pic or two.

Hmerly
1st September 2014, 09:53 PM
Your decals will fit the Ziii wings fine. The new wings are a little shorter but have the same foil and twist. May need minimal adjustments but should not be much.

chicken sashimi
3rd September 2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the insights hmerly!
I got a couple orders soon after your post... I expect there will be some handsome Z3's flying around very soon.

Be sure to post up your pics once your builds are done fellas!

raz631
17th November 2014, 05:36 PM
Hey, I have a couple of your decals...

They go on top of the lam right? so they should be the final layer....

chicken sashimi
17th November 2014, 05:37 PM
They could go on either.. but they will probably apply easiest and look best on top of the laminate, yes.

Appfan
23rd October 2016, 07:08 PM
Are these still "a thing" or have you moved on from these. Seems just as relevant today as a couple years ago.

PabloJaime
10th October 2017, 02:54 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/1decef76d050e4978cd37014f39566b1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/fc897eb304889f4f2bdfb44554925d95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicken sashimi
10th October 2017, 02:56 PM
Are these still "a thing" or have you moved on from these. Seems just as relevant today as a couple years ago.

I'm afraid these are no longer in production.

PabloJaime
10th October 2017, 03:00 PM
I'm afraid these are no longer in production.

I have those on the shelf for 3 and something years, I had the ZII kit with everything (stickers included) just standing for the opportunity and time to build... :p
Annnnndddd now is the time...:)

chicken sashimi
10th October 2017, 03:02 PM
Yeah.. I still have my big chrome zII hanging on the wall over my head in my office. so sad, so dusty.
Also would like to build a mini Drak one day.

For some reason, I'm still stuck living in the city, instead of in the country with big open skies. :|

Hmerly
10th October 2017, 06:51 PM
Cause your day job rocks!

chicken sashimi
10th October 2017, 07:01 PM
TBH bud, if I could make the same relative amounts needed to sustain my lifestyle, I'd move to the country in a heartbeat. City life is eroding my sanity and mental health.