PDA

View Full Version : The Naza M is giving me grief...

airtruksrus
11th June 2013, 08:07 AM
Found out the hard way that when doing the alignments on the computer, the alignment marks let you know when your control stick potentiometers are just a little out of tolerance. Under any circumstance would it let me use the JR 347 radio and had to switch over to the Spektrum 6 radio as a backup, just have to limit the range till the problem is fixed.

The question i need to ask is that after sorting the problems out on the computer, now it has a constant flashing yellow on the LED module. I've run through quite a few alignments and checking for anything out of the ordinary, runs beautifully through the computer assist program, even ran the latest firmware upgrade. Until it gets out of this mode and goes to solid yellow, i can't perform the rest of the alignments. Anyone else seen this, Youtube and other forum sites are kind of spotty on this gripe.

mudman
11th June 2013, 08:58 PM
If I remember flashing yellow means your in Atti mode, flashing green is GPS

jrwperformance
11th June 2013, 10:44 PM
Let it sit outside where it can get a GPS signal and let it sit there and flash. Mine did the same thing after the firmware upgrade. Mine sat there and flashed for about 45 seconds to a minute and a half. It went into normal mode just fine. I think its waiting to gather enough GPS satellites.

CrashAffinity
11th June 2013, 11:18 PM
constant repeating flashing yellow means no rx connection if i remember correctly (i have a naza), intermittent yellow (one blip every 2 seconds or so) means connected & in atti mode

airtruksrus
11th June 2013, 11:47 PM
Found to the gear switch wasn't setting the GPS/atti properly. Drove nuts for the last 2 days, but got the GPS flashes to come up and set the compass calibration. Flew it for about 4 minutes without running into anything, just have to be wary using a park flier system. I've got the 300 mw 1280 vtx that gave me about 1k total and should be good for now.

airtruksrus
12th June 2013, 12:20 AM
Wanted the footage in case there was a crash involved

http://youtu.be/lTT4VuIRgCI
Nothing spectacular, just the first time controlling one.

CrashAffinity
12th June 2013, 01:16 AM
just a tip, pop a little soft foam around the edges of the naza (left & right) between the baseplates to prevent altitude problems on a sunny day when the sun is hitting the controller (low horizon), it's a known problem, i've been through it. It's an issue with the barometer.

airtruksrus
12th June 2013, 02:07 AM
Curious if part of the firmware upgrade took this into account? Otherwise, i'll definitely want to look into it, anything to keep it flying.

CrashAffinity
12th June 2013, 03:37 AM
i think it's a physical issue actually, from what i've read it's an issue common to many barometers, hot side vs cold side of the case screwing up the air pressure or something

Zeeflyboy
12th June 2013, 04:33 AM
It's not heat, it's light...

They are light sensitive and the white casing could in some situations allow enough in to cause problems.

The new black case of the v2 fixes the problem.

route81
12th June 2013, 05:00 AM
Correct.

BTW, has anyone noticed it takes more time to get all green/orange blinks after upgrading a V1 version to new firmware?
Just a sensation but....

jj

airtruksrus
13th June 2013, 02:11 AM
It's not heat, it's light...

They are light sensitive and the white casing could in some situations allow enough in to cause problems.

The new black case of the v2 fixes the problem.

Unless i have a different version, this ones got the red case. And it seems to take up to a minute to get locked in before going through to arm it. Flew it again today out at the park and it worked flawlessly untill two of the blades split at the hub and the other threw a blade, amazing enough that it compensated with the other two motors so that it just didn't drop to the ground. The kids got a kick out of chasing it around the field and eventually holding the tx off to the side for a bit while i grabbed it and shut off the motors. Ordered new props for it and strapped the gopro to do some filming this Saturday.

Took a second look at the case, never mind - red label on white case.

dalejw
13th June 2013, 07:10 AM
The new one's have a black case, but it's opaque and lets in light...

Skipper Billy
13th June 2013, 08:01 AM
The GPS signals have been very up and down over the last week due to massive Coronal Mass Ejections (Sun flares).

Over the last 10 days we have had many calls from people out on our charter yachts saying the plotters aren't working - they just cant acquire a good enough signal from enough satellites even after a few hours in some cases.

The upside is we have had some fantastic Aurora Borealis displays !!!

airtruksrus
13th June 2013, 09:11 AM
If we don't start seeing a little more sun up here in the Northwest, won't have to worry about covering up the controller. Did a little bit of searching for a new Transmitter to use the uhf, otherwise this quad isn't going to venture that far using a 2.4 park flier system. Looked at where i can stuff all the wiring for the other ezosd and vtx and man its cramped. Haven't seen much of a difference in gps lock in time, seems to take a little over a minute each time. The new Ezosd gps receiver works better than naza while inside a closed garage, locked in less than a minute while getting the little wing ready last night before going to work.

Havent seen much difference gps signals over here but wouldn't mind seeng some Borealis action over here a little more often.

route81
13th June 2013, 09:41 AM
The GPS signals have been very up and down over the last week due to massive Coronal Mass Ejections (Sun flares).

Over the last 10 days we have had many calls from people out on our charter yachts saying the plotters aren't working - they just cant acquire a good enough signal from enough satellites even after a few hours in some cases.

The upside is we have had some fantastic Aurora Borealis displays !!!

AHA!
Now that's why couple of weeks ago in Spain I went straight into a motorway with my road bike while following my Garmin...

You know, you could be right there, we should be around the peak of the 12 year sun activity cycle.

jj

airtruksrus
18th June 2013, 09:31 AM
Discovered on the Hobbyking site that there was a few other people that had some problems using the Ezuhf with the Naza controller, same thing with alignments of the controls. Anyone else over here? Really want to give it a second chance as well as using a 4S 3300.