PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PZ0420 Cam and LC filter

pogeybait
16th May 2013, 02:35 PM
I am terribly vexed...

Please see my simple PZ0420 set-up below. The first image shows that I am feeding 12V and ground to the PZ0420 cam directly from 3S battery. Signal wire comes from EzOSD. Everything works fine in this orientation and the camera puts out a beautiful image.

When I add an LC filter in-line with the camera (second image) the camera image drops off. I get OSD overlay, but black screen otherwise. The lens cover is not on the camera. I've tried this with two different LC filters and batteries with same result. The LC filter works OK in a different wiring harness too.

Why? This makes no sense to me. Any thoughts? Is my power scheme off-base?

Thanks for your help.

aeryck
16th May 2013, 03:41 PM
the LC filter may not have a common ground between its input and output, so the result is an ungrounded video signal to the OSD. Try running a ground wire with the yellow wire from the cam to the ezosd and see what happens.

Derrick
16th May 2013, 04:02 PM
the LC filter may not have a common ground between its input and output, so the result is an ungrounded video signal to the OSD. Try running a ground wire with the yellow wire from the cam to the ezosd and see what happens.

+1... This is my suggestion as well.

pogeybait
16th May 2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try and report back.

pogeybait
17th May 2013, 12:49 AM
Worked! Thanks guys!

Derrick
17th May 2013, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear.