PDA

View Full Version : Multiple UHF users

Tir33x
13th May 2013, 05:49 AM
Hi guys

i currently flying my quad on 2.4ghz and i have a dragon link which i still need to hook up in my spare time ..

my mate is now interested on getting a quad as well now and my question is.. is it possible to have multiple UHF transmitters running side by side?

we would like to have some formation flying ..

if possible great!!

second question is .. if it is possible what would happen if you have a dragonlink and a EZ UHF side by side .. or dose all hell break loose?

thanks in advance ..

Hucker
13th May 2013, 06:39 AM
For the most part all of the big UHF systems work fine together. I've personally flown my EZUHF along side other EZUHF, DragonLink and Rangelink rigs. In the past Dragon had issues (read the dates if you are doing research) playing along with other uhf. That was fixed a couple years ago and the reason I ended up with ez. All the UHF systems are frequency hoppers and now work well in crowded environments. Do some reading on current DL systems, there is something with the new firmware that people are squawking about but I don't track it because I don't own DL.

Tir33x
13th May 2013, 08:00 AM
thats cool..
so the frequency hoping will apply to the UHF from the transmitter?? or the UHF system has its own hoping system.?

Teacup
13th May 2013, 08:15 AM
thats cool..
so the frequency hoping will apply to the UHF from the transmitter?? or the UHF system has its own hoping system.?

2. most UHF Systems implement a form of hopping.

Hucker
13th May 2013, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Frequency hopping means the transmitter and the receiver have agreed upon a sequence of frequencies to hop to in order to create a reliable link. Each tx/rx pair will have a unique sequence so they work together fine. I do know that recently EZUHF has updated firmware to hop over a 20MHz band instead of the current 2MHz band. This has enabled EZUHF users to fly in areas they could not in the past. I haven't flown it yet but people have verified improved performance in noisy environments.

ZobZibZab
14th May 2013, 05:39 PM
i did the same with my openlrs and have no more issues. basically default would hop around 433mhz, now i hop between 430 and 450mhz. it doesn't really need more hops, but it needs some guarantee that the hops will be over a larger spectrum (exactly like ezUHF does with the update, in fact)