PDA

View Full Version : Help with Quadrotor built with DJI Naza-M with Eagle Tree OSD

exxon12
10th May 2013, 03:38 PM
Hey all,

This is my second post here. I am have been trying to read and read on my own with a help of a fellow army friend. I am having problems trying to orient the Eagle Tree OSD Pro Guardian Expander with what the aircraft attitude is in flight. At level flight it shows that I am making a left bank, but when on the ground it is straight. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thank You all for your help,

Ruben

PeteDee
11th May 2013, 04:56 AM
Have you loaded the latest firmware?

Is the Light flashing rapidly?

Issue: Guardian does not seem to be working correctly and the Guardian’s status LED IS flashing rapidly.
Solution: Make sure you have updated the OSD Pro, eLogger and Guardian firmware as described above.
Issue: Guardian does not seem to be working correctly and the Guardian’s status LED IS NOT flashing rapidly.
Solution: Make sure that the Guardian is connected correctly to the LCD/TX line on your eLogger and that your eLogger is powered. If the Guardian’s status LED is
blinking three times in a repeating fashion, then your unit has likely been damaged.

exxon12
11th May 2013, 03:04 PM
Hey Pete,

Yeah it does flash rapidly. I am going to go ahead and re-update it and see where that gets me. The funny thing about this the Artificial Horizon works as advertised except for the slight tilt, so I am really curious as to why it is flashing rapidly.

Thanks,

Ruben

PeteDee
11th May 2013, 04:41 PM
From the manual.

Mounting the Guardian flat relative to level flight is important. However, minor mounting offsets can be compensated for by invoking your OSD Pro menu and using
the “Configure Guardian Stabilizer” -> “Reset Level Flight” option described below.
IMPORTANT! When viewing the AHI through the OSD Pro as provided by the Guardian Expander after resetting level flight, the line should closely follow
the horizon as the plane is pitched and rolled. If the AHI appears to be moving in the opposite direction of the horizon in the pitch and roll axes, then you
likely have the Guardian Expander mounted backwards. If just the pitch axis is moving in the incorrect direction as the plane is moved, then the Guardian
Expander may have been mounted upside down. Ensure that the label is facing towards the sky and the 4-conductor wire is pointing towards the tail of your
model.

Configure Guardian Stabilizer Menu
Reset Level Pitch and Roll: Click this option while holding the model level after installing the Guardian, if the AHI line is not centered and level. It will
mitigate most mounting errors and provide a level AHI.

Pete

TZZDC1241
12th May 2013, 11:06 AM
You realize the guardian isn't designed for quadrotors right? You can use the EagleTree OSD as a stand alone OSD, maybe wire it up to the receiver if you want to use the radio to flip through the on screen menu's. Beyond that its easier to hook the camera to the OSD and from OSD to the video TX.

PeteDee
12th May 2013, 01:04 PM
As far as I can see he is just wanting to use the artificial horizon feature and there is no problem with him doing that, it just is not calibrated to be flat when the craft is flat.

Pete