PDA

View Full Version : FatShark Ski Goggles : www.fliteevolution.com

FliteEvolution
8th April 2013, 06:54 PM
Flite Evolution is proud to announce their Clearview Ski Goggle for the popular Fat Shark FPV goggles. Standard model available in black and white and an OTG (over the glasses) model available in black.

Flite Evolution focuses on ARF and RTF unmanned aircraft platforms and service, as well as high quality FPV and autopilot products.

Please see us at:
www.fliteevolution.com (http://www.fliteevolution.com)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flite-Evolution/438300766258127

SENTRY
9th April 2013, 12:33 PM
Nice - guys you should see FEs banner rotating through the site. Welcome aboard.

WNCmotard
9th April 2013, 07:28 PM
Nice looking set of goggles, I wish you guys carried that all in one cable for the fatsharks too, I'd order one right now.

FliteEvolution
9th April 2013, 08:32 PM
Nice looking set of goggles, I wish you guys carried that all in one cable for the fatsharks too, I'd order one right now.

I'm not sure what you mean by "one cable"? We don't do anything with the FS power or A/V cables. This is simply a snap-on goggle which replaces the rubber eye cups.

WNCmotard
10th April 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "one cable"? We don't do anything with the FS power or A/V cables. This is simply a snap-on goggle which replaces the rubber eye cups.

Eh, the cable that is in the pic you posted. :o It carries power and the AV signal in one nice neat cable, rather than two separate cables.

Maximus
10th April 2013, 09:24 AM
Hi FliteEvolution, can you tell me if your ski goggles will put the Dominator screens at the same distance away from the eyes as the regular eyecups do? I know some mods cause the screens to be slightly further away which is not so great.

longgtom
10th April 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi FliteEvolution, can you tell me if your ski goggles will put the Dominator screens at the same distance away from the eyes as the regular eyecups do? I know some mods cause the screens to be slightly further away which is not so great.
Good question!
I'm not sure how the lenses (fresnel lens?) work in the fatsharks in general, but I'm guesstimating that the apparent image size (45" @ 7" - from fs dominators documentation) will be reduced by ~30%.
And how exactly does FS come up with 45" @ 7"? My eyes are not 7" from the screen...:confused:

Edit: after doing some more reading, assuming the lenses in the FS are fresnel lenses, the focal point is fixed. So any increased distance from the eye to the lens results in a pure overall perceived image size reduction. I don't know how much further ones eyes are from the lenses so can't really calculate the image reduction, but I'll stick with my guesstimate...

FliteEvolution
10th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Eh, the cable that is in the pic you posted. :o It carries power and the AV signal in one nice neat cable, rather than two separate cables.

I'm aware of the cable. What's your question or problem?

FliteEvolution
10th April 2013, 01:16 PM

They are just a bit further away however I don't think they compromise the FOV in any way. You can add or delete some of the foam on the goggle to adjust that distance. It's somewhat dependent on your face shape as well. I created the Clearview goggle for myself about 9 months ago and after several friends and flyers requested them, I decided to mass market them. I spent weeks testing different ski goggles to ensure the fit, shape and distance worked well with the FS goggles. Some ski goggles were too stiff while others didn't accept the FS goggle correctly. Ultimately, I found a nice mix which allowed for greater comfort, breathability, no light infiltration and an excellent image.

Some flyers will prefer a TV screen or OEM FS goggle, but for the ones who have tried a ski goggle and are looking for the attributes I referenced, they'll never fly without them. Many will be in the hands of flyers in the next few weeks, so I'm sure you'll see some good reviews.

durangoflyer
10th April 2013, 02:26 PM

+1. Don't want to spend 50 bucks to find out. I had the same question.

RcLab1
10th April 2013, 02:32 PM
FliteEvolution,

Post #346
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?5181-Bobs-ECO-Goggles/page35

I've asked before, but when wearing "reading glasses" (+2.+3. +4), will the FOV seem larger?

Or you don't do those tests' on your OWN $85 Ski Mask ?

Also,

FliteEvolution
10th April 2013, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=RcLab1;247237]FliteEvolution,

I've asked before, but when wearing "reading glasses" (+2.+3. +4), will the FOV seem larger?

Or you don't do those tests' on your OWN $85 Ski Mask ?

Your being a bit pushy and I don't appreciate it. I've replied to you several times now. I'm not interested in trying different "reading" glasses to give you "my perspective" on how it looks. Everyone is different and has different expectations, yours however are becoming offensive. Clay

BldrFlyr
10th April 2013, 03:12 PM

Johan,
This is Clay from Flite Evolution. I've replied to your question two times but since Flite Evolition is a new user on the site, the posts gets reviewed by a moderator and apparently take some time. Your question was a good one and I wanted everyone to see the answer rather than a pm to you. It should post soon.

durangoflyer
10th April 2013, 03:28 PM
That is frustrating. I forgot about that little "feature" of FPVLab.

Maximus
10th April 2013, 05:42 PM
Johan,
This is Clay from Flite Evolution. I've replied to your question two times but since Flite Evolition is a new user on the site, the posts gets reviewed by a moderator and apparently take some time. Your question was a good one and I wanted everyone to see the answer rather than a pm to you. It should post soon.

Hi Clay, I only posted my question once, it's the other guys who reposted my question to show that they're also interested in the answer. I'm aware that some posts gets added to the moderation queue, seeing as I'm one of the mods here :D

I'll definitely be ordering a set from you guys when payday comes. :cool:

RcLab1
10th April 2013, 05:45 PM
....Your being a bit pushy and I don't appreciate it. I've replied to you several times now. I'm not interested in trying different "reading" glasses to give you "my perspective" on how it looks. Everyone is different and has different expectations, yours however are becoming offensive. Clay.....

edit....

gatsby
10th April 2013, 11:27 PM
Hi will this ski goggle allow me the wear corrective eyeglasses?

Maximus
11th April 2013, 12:03 AM
Hi will this ski goggle allow me the wear corrective eyeglasses?

I saw a version on their site which does allow you to wear glasses

dpinkerton
11th April 2013, 03:05 PM
Flightevolution,

I ordered a goggle set form you a few days ago. Cant wait! I also had a question about the cable you have hooked up to the Doms in the picture. Where can I get one? It looks like it would be perfect for the GS setup.

BTW
The goggle's look awesome

panzlflyer
11th April 2013, 03:33 PM
The Doms come with a cable that does power and video in one, least both of mine did

dpinkerton
11th April 2013, 03:37 PM
Mine did as well, but they are not nearly long enough. Do you just extend the cable? If so can you recommend what kind of cable to do the extension? I guess the cable in the pic looks like a manufactured cable.

Thanks again

Keok
11th April 2013, 03:44 PM
Will these fit the FS Predators v1? I think thier close to the same size if so I'm buying. I hate the way the eye cups fold into my eye sockets.

panzlflyer
11th April 2013, 03:51 PM
I would say a shielded cable but I don't use a cable, rigged up a wireless link, nothing to trip over

FliteEvolution
11th April 2013, 06:35 PM
Flightevolution,

I ordered a goggle set form you a few days ago. Cant wait! I also had a question about the cable you have hooked up to the Doms in the picture. Where can I get one? It looks like it would be perfect for the GS setup.

BTW
The goggle's look awesome

Thanks, I'm sure you'll love them. The Dominators come with a long (roughly 8') "AV" cable which has a 2.1mm barrel connector for power. That's what I use with the Mobile Backpack Ground Station, which we will be selling shortly. Using that long AV cable gives you good separation between the video and UHF signals. ; )

FliteEvolution
11th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Will these fit the FS Predators v1? I think thier close to the same size if so I'm buying. I hate the way the eye cups fold into my eye sockets.

I'll be testing the Predators next week for fitment. Based on what I can see, I believe all the eye cups are the same size on the Dom's, Pred's and Att's so I'm sure hoping they will fit and I won't have to do another template. If I do need another template, it might take me a few weeks. We'll market the other ski goggles for the Pred's and Att's, when available.

dpinkerton
12th April 2013, 10:40 AM
Any idea when the goggles will be shipping out?

Thanks

FliteEvolution
12th April 2013, 11:22 AM
Any idea when the goggles will be shipping out?

Thanks

The retooling should be done today. Many of them should go out today as well. Sorry for the delay.

Mike Freas
16th April 2013, 03:17 PM
I can confirm they fit the FS Preditors quite well.

FliteEvolution
16th April 2013, 03:42 PM
I can confirm they fit the FS Preditors quite well.

Great ! Thanks for checking. We'll revise our website.

m.cheraghi
20th April 2013, 03:40 AM
Theese look great,
Have anyone tested their Attitude SD inside theese goggles?
The shop does not mention correct fit for attitudes, but maybe someone have tried and could confirm how they fit?

FliteEvolution
22nd April 2013, 05:06 PM
Theese look great,
Have anyone tested their Attitude SD inside theese goggles?
The shop does not mention correct fit for attitudes, but maybe someone have tried and could confirm how they fit?

We haven't test the FS attitudes yet but think they will fit.

RcLab1
22nd April 2013, 09:13 PM
Are the OTG ski masks' still being sold? I don't see on your website anymore?
I ask because I wear biFocals.....

thank you

FliteEvolution
23rd April 2013, 12:58 PM
Are the OTG ski masks' still being sold? I don't see on your website anymore?
I ask because I wear biFocals.....

thank you

Yes, I know you do as you've asked me many times about them and demanded very specific answers. After a lot of testing, we decided to not sell them
due to the varying needs of the users which we didn't want to take the risk on.

RcLab1
23rd April 2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the reply,
May I order the OTG version? I wear biFocals and this will help me a lot....
Thanks much

What is your PayPal? I can send funds with a 'note' asking for the OTG version ski goggles!

Holt25
25th April 2013, 01:46 AM
Placed an order on the 18 and its still processing. Just checking to see if they're going out soon?

BravoGolf
25th April 2013, 01:54 AM
FE,

These look good and what I have been holding out for so I can ditch my headplays with the goggle mod. I'm a goggle fan.

Any plans to be at the meet up in Hartsel? Or any plans to be up in the Aspen/Snowmass area any time soon/not soon? The snow has melted off the baseball diamond several times but keeps coming back!:D

FliteEvolution
25th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Placed an order on the 18 and its still processing. Just checking to see if they're going out soon?

You can track your shipment via Paypal. We have a bunch of orders being shipped tomorrow again. Business has been very strong so we're trying to keep up. Thanks for your patience.

FE

FliteEvolution
25th April 2013, 03:31 PM
FE,

These look good and what I have been holding out for so I can ditch my headplays with the goggle mod. I'm a goggle fan.

Any plans to be at the meet up in Hartsel? Or any plans to be up in the Aspen/Snowmass area any time soon/not soon? The snow has melted off the baseball diamond several times but keeps coming back!:D

Hey Bravo,
I'll be up in Aspen again sometime this summer but not sure when. I am planning to hit the Hartsel event for a day or so, however the real job and this one is keeping me very busy. There are several local guys who have the goggles now so you'll probably see them. Otherwise, I'd be happy to send you a pair. ; )

RcLab1
25th April 2013, 06:21 PM
Sweet,

Just ordered the Black SkiGoggle Mod for my Dominators'.....

Keok
26th April 2013, 10:38 AM
Ordered Mine yesterday. Looking foreward to trying these out.

BravoGolf
26th April 2013, 10:40 AM
Hey Bravo,
I'll be up in Aspen again sometime this summer but not sure when. I am planning to hit the Hartsel event for a day or so, however the real job and this one is keeping me very busy. There are several local guys who have the goggles now so you'll probably see them. Otherwise, I'd be happy to send you a pair. ; )

Looking forward to seeing them!

fireflyer451
30th April 2013, 10:13 AM
Received my goggle mod from FliteEvolution on Saturday. Easy to snap onto the Dominators, and then press into the frame. Comfortable, adjustable, zero light leaks in. A simple concept done very well. Flew with them yesterday at lunch, worked great.

I had been using my own thing with a motorcycle goggle frame, zip ties, black tape, and foam. It worked..... but this is much nicer.

Mike Freas
3rd May 2013, 03:12 PM
I have a set of white ones for sale. 30.00 shipped. I used them for one flight at SEFF. They are not for me. Shoot me a PM here or on RCG (same name).

BayAreaCrasher
7th May 2013, 06:22 PM
Very interested in this mod. Looks very nice and clean. Anyone with Dominators been able to review how much the FOV changes? Thanks!

Twawsi
9th May 2013, 04:37 AM
Here are my thoughts.

Pros
-simple, easy and perfect for a lazy person like me
-Look great
-comfortable
-reasonable price
-no more fogging (hell yeah!)
-if you wear reading glasses, you are good to go

Cons
-looks like im looking through a tube and in the back seat of a theater
-(possible fix, when goggles are worn a bit more and the foam areas compress to my face, I believe the picture will improve.)
-white goggles are still hot in the sun (that's life)
-not "completely" dark inside but overall more enjoyable to wear than original Dominators by far. Side note-what little light I could see wasnt an issue when flying.
-(possible fix, use sugru to seal the goggles to the insert and the insert to the actual goggle which will make it a permanent mod. plan on trying this in the future if the above fix works out.)

Overall, I'm happy with the goggles and hope to be completely satisfied once (and if) the googles compress and conform to my face to improve the "theater" experience. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. Updates to follow.

RcLab1
9th May 2013, 10:21 AM
-(possible fix, use sugru to seal the goggles to the insert and the insert to the actual goggle which will make it a permanent mod. plan on trying this in the future if the above fix works out.)

What is "Sugru"? is that some sort of hot glue?
Thank you for the review! :-)

p.s.
I plan to tryout some 'reading glasses' with mine. (+2, +3 power)
to minimize the backseat theater feeling:)
They are cheap at CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens ~$3-$5.

BravoGolf
9th May 2013, 10:55 AM
Twawsi2, nice review, good info.

Now ordinarily I would probably never buy white goggles; however after seeing them available I may consider them.

Sugru (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sugru)

Keok
9th May 2013, 06:13 PM
They fit really well in the ski goggles just about no light.
But I have a really big head. My IPD is on the very edge of my predators these goggles decrease the IPD since the fatsharks are further away from your face.
I tried to return them but they said since they are so small all sales final. So I sold them on RCG.

rwijnhov
13th May 2013, 01:09 PM
I just recieved them not happy at all. This mask only works for people with small heads. When you have a larger head they don't fit at all and are useless. When I contacted flite evolution about it I got this response:
"We only sell one goggle. A few have said it is too small for their face, however the majority say they fit great. Some users have reduced the foam or widened the lens holes to change the fitment."

Would have been nice if they would have put that as a disclaimer on their site. This goggle costed me 50$ + 25$ shipping + 40$ import taxes so a bit expensive just to gamble with. I already emailed them back again "if it is my problem". Let's see how good there customer support/after sales is. Appearently reading from there e-mail reply this is a known problem.

@FE
Pls put a disclaimer on on your site that this mod is only for people with smaller heads.

FliteEvolution
13th May 2013, 03:37 PM
I just recieved them not happy at all. This mask only works for people with small heads. When you have a larger head they don't fit at all and are useless. When I contacted flite evolution about it I got this response:
"We only sell one goggle. A few have said it is too small for their face, however the majority say they fit great. Some users have reduced the foam or widened the lens holes to change the fitment."

Would have been nice if they would have put that as a disclaimer on their site. This goggle costed me 50$ + 25$ shipping + 40$ import taxes so a bit expensive just to gamble with. I already emailed them back again "if it is my problem". Let's see how good there customer support/after sales is. Appearently reading from there e-mail reply this is a known problem.

@FE
Pls put a disclaimer on on your site that this mod is only for people with smaller heads.

We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with them. We have quite a few users and would not define them as having small heads and or faces. It's probably not the overall size of the head or face that matters, but the shape. This can vary greatly as wells as users expectations. We'd expect you could sell them in your local market and not lose much money.

rwijnhov
13th May 2013, 04:50 PM
Nice customer support..........

jacq
14th May 2013, 08:47 AM
Canīt you operate/modify your head?............

sponginator
14th May 2013, 10:22 AM
From my point of view, their product does just as it is designed to.

if you buy a bottle of wine and you dont like the taste, thats not the winerys fault

rwijnhov
14th May 2013, 04:55 PM
@jacq

:) :) :) would be a nice experiment for the next campif

ZobZibZab
14th May 2013, 05:36 PM
I did have to modify mine for them to fit properly. At this price, I would say just get the OTG goggles from amazon/ebay since you're most likely going to have to modify them - it'll cost half for the same result.

The main problem is how the foam gets in the picture easily, not the distance per say. They're just not well centered, somehow. I would expect that if the image was slightly higher (or the image closer to the eyes of course), this would fit 90% of the people. Right now i see it fit 0% of the people, since the goggles will move a little as you fly and no matter what, you won't have the full picture until you mod them.

FliteEvolution
14th May 2013, 09:28 PM
There are alot of these goggles out in the market with mostly positive remarks. I think some people will want to modify them a bit to fit the way they would like and frankly, they might not fit everyone. If you ski or ride dirt bikes, you know that there are lots of different styles and designs to choose from. Some fit, feel right and some don't. It wasn't easy for me to come up with a goggle that fit the Fat Shark mold and provided the comfort, darkness, fit and usability that was expected for FPV. I think I did a pretty good job and I'm sorry for the folks that aren't happy or just want to bash the product. This is a small business (for the time being), so profits are minimal and I can't afford to return items, cover shipping charges etc. All sales are final and that is listed on my website. Maybe in the future I can offer something different.

I have never had the foam be a problem with visibility but I suppose that could happen. I also have never had them move on me during flight, so I don't understand that remark. I tried offering an OTG goggle but the shape of an OTG is entirely different and doesn't fit the Fat Shark frame mold at all. Someone give it a shot and if you find a solution, I would be happy to bring that goggle to market and give you credit for the design.

In the meantime, lets try and respect the ones attempting to make a difference.

rwijnhov
15th May 2013, 05:38 AM
There are alot of these goggles out in the market with mostly positive remarks. I think some people will want to modify them a bit to fit the way they would like and frankly, they might not fit everyone. If you ski or ride dirt bikes, you know that there are lots of different styles and designs to choose from. Some fit, feel right and some don't. It wasn't easy for me to come up with a goggle that fit the Fat Shark mold and provided the comfort, darkness, fit and usability that was expected for FPV. I think I did a pretty good job and I'm sorry for the folks that aren't happy or just want to bash the product. This is a small business (for the time being), so profits are minimal and I can't afford to return items, cover shipping charges etc. All sales are final and that is listed on my website. Maybe in the future I can offer something different.

I have never had the foam be a problem with visibility but I suppose that could happen. I also have never had them move on me during flight, so I don't understand that remark. I tried offering an OTG goggle but the shape of an OTG is entirely different and doesn't fit the Fat Shark frame mold at all. Someone give it a shot and if you find a solution, I would be happy to bring that goggle to market and give you credit for the design.

In the meantime, lets try and respect the ones attempting to make a difference.

So basicaly you say don't criticise the product I sell and don't report on the flaws online? Oh and by the way it is not your idea:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22998911&postcount=36 I believe Rob from FPV plastics came up with it.

This is the last thing I have to say on this matter.

ZobZibZab
15th May 2013, 06:46 PM
Having criticism over a product is a mark of disrespect since when?

The goggles move like any other unless you're perfectly still. That's fine. And indeed some people might find some goggles more or less conformable.
However, the amount of vision you get in these changes if they're adjusted to the millimeter to your face. It's not about comfort or shape. You need to have your eyes perfectly aligned because there is only a couple millimiters of free space between the edge of the dominator's screen and the goggle's screen. Simple as that!

Adroc3905
22nd May 2013, 06:08 PM
Hmm. Very informative concerning the product, performance and also themanufacturer's character. I was considering these but think now I will passsince the distance from lens to eye seems to be the overwhelming issue amongstusers. One size does not fit all. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The hobbyist will always appreciate innovation, but with new ideas andproducts comes criticism which can only help (if constructive) to improve theproduct and make it more appealing to the masses. <o:p></o:p>

The kit could include maybe three templates so the end usercan pick the best for his/her needs and/or a sunken template that essentiallyplaces the FS lens closer to the eye. Food for thought. <o:p></o:p>

FliteEvolution
22nd May 2013, 07:25 PM
Constructive criticism is healthy and appreciated, but some of the general forum bashing, personal attacks and exaggeration we see on the sites doesn't go over well so I will retort on occasion.

The design of the FS goggles doesn't allow for much flexibility in attaching to it which means the distance to/from the goggles is hard to adjust. That distance is also a challenge as peoples eyes are at different distances. This is probably why no one has ever mass produced a goggle like this before.

If you have had one of our UAV's, you would know that we strive to build the best product possible and have very high standards. In an attempt to provide a better fit for some users, we have an idea:

I have heard of a few people wanting the FS goggle to sit higher on the ski goggle and we are considering another lens which would do that, maybe 2-4cm higher. We would want to include two (2) lenses in the kit because I don't know how we could recommend one lens over the other. The 2nd lens would increase the price of the kit. We might be able to get by with a $10 increase which would put the goggles at $60 instead of $50. For those who already have our goggles, we could offer the 2nd lens at a discount.

Your comments on a 2-4cm higher FOV would assist us in determining this new lens design and eye port location.

Ernie34
27th May 2013, 09:23 AM
I have an extra pair of scott goggles now from riding dirt bikes, Can I just purchase the lens adaptors?

Ernie

FliteEvolution
29th May 2013, 07:21 PM
I have an extra pair of scott goggles now from riding dirt bikes, Can I just purchase the lens adaptors?

Ernie

No, Scott makes lots of different goggles and many of them have different lens and shapes. Our lens and goggles are made to fit together and are different.

MASHTON1138
26th June 2013, 11:02 AM
Constructive criticism is healthy and appreciated, but some of the general forum bashing, personal attacks and exaggeration we see on the sites doesn't go over well so I will retort on occasion.

The design of the FS goggles doesn't allow for much flexibility in attaching to it which means the distance to/from the goggles is hard to adjust. That distance is also a challenge as peoples eyes are at different distances. This is probably why no one has ever mass produced a goggle like this before.

If you have had one of our UAV's, you would know that we strive to build the best product possible and have very high standards. In an attempt to provide a better fit for some users, we have an idea:

I have heard of a few people wanting the FS goggle to sit higher on the ski goggle and we are considering another lens which would do that, maybe 2-4cm higher. We would want to include two (2) lenses in the kit because I don't know how we could recommend one lens over the other. The 2nd lens would increase the price of the kit. We might be able to get by with a $10 increase which would put the goggles at $60 instead of $50. For those who already have our goggles, we could offer the 2nd lens at a discount.

Your comments on a 2-4cm higher FOV would assist us in determining this new lens design and eye port location.

FYI the issue I had with mine is they sit too high in the goggles for me so moving them higher would have made it worse. The bottom 20% of the screen was blocked by the foam unless I wore them low on my face with the goggles basically on the tip of my nose squeezing it shut.

The build is very nice and simple to use but the goggles simply didn't fit my face. So it goes, you have to try some things and they don't all work for everyone. Selling them on RCG if anyone is interested.

FliteEvolution
26th June 2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think there is any way for me to lower the FS goggle on the lens because it's already almost resting on the nose bridge of the Scott frame. I am looking into another goggle frame which is larger and might fit more users. I was originally going to use this frame but it's $15 more expensive and I wanted to keep the price of this goggle at $50. If I decide to use this new frame, I'll have to increase the price of the goggle and call this version 2. I'm just not sure if a $65 goggle will dissuade buyers...

gnrc
26th June 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think there is any way for me to lower the FS goggle on the lens because it's already almost resting on the nose bridge of the Scott frame. I am looking into another goggle frame which is larger and might fit more users. I was originally going to use this frame but it's $15 more expensive and I wanted to keep the price of this goggle at $50. If I decide to use this new frame, I'll have to increase the price of the goggle and call this version 2. I'm just not sure if a $65 goggle will dissuade buyers...

Honestly? I bought the version one.
A bit tight but is okay.
If you do that and the dom hd get released I would even buy a v2 for the hd doms and use my current doms for passengers.
Go for it!

RcLab1
27th June 2013, 08:06 AM
VitaminJ,
Try it with some cheapie reading glasses (+2, +3, +4).
The image is even a little bit bigger!
(I bought mine at Walgreens for ~$5.00).

RcLab1
29th June 2013, 07:46 AM
These Ski Goggles are comfy as heck, but the distance that the Dominators are at increases from your eyes,
thus smaller and smaller Video image.

Give or take I guess:-)

MASHTON1138
29th June 2013, 10:16 AM
Hopefully this will help keep the gogs a lil cooler in the sun.

I may just give that a try, RcLab.

Looks awesome J

blakemorar
4th July 2013, 09:07 AM
I am in for the V2. Keep the innovation moving. Great job FE!

hockeymonkeymark
10th August 2013, 03:09 AM
Did anyone ever confirm if Attitudes will fit in these?

hockeymonkeymark
13th August 2013, 10:13 AM
Nevermind. I can confirm that they do. With my big head, they sit a bit far away making a smaller field of view though. Do-able.

hockeymonkeymark
14th August 2013, 12:23 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks Vita J

Twawsi
17th September 2013, 05:57 AM
Are there any updates on whether or not a new goggle set will be used for people with larger faces? I've had these goggles for sometime now and use them exclusively over other goggles because they are more comfortable/less fogging, the unfortunate trade off is that I still have the feeling of looking at the screen through a paper tube. I figured after some time, the goggles would compress down a bit but that has not happened. Great product, just not great for me. Looking forward to any info.

hockeymonkeymark
20th September 2013, 01:54 PM
+1 on that. I love them too but my big noggin makes the image far away from my eyes. Less immersive if you will. Very comfortable and convenient though. I tried both the attitudes and the doms. They both snap right in and don't fog. Maybe a redesigned lens template with a recessed lens plate on a wider goggle? Dunno, just brainstorming out loud. I took Vitamin J's suggestion and trimmed the foam some which helped a bit. The eyecups are still by far a better image for my melon. So close! For some it fits the bill so I'm not knocking it at all.

Carbon
20th September 2013, 02:09 PM
This will be the first thing I order after I get my Doms.

FliteEvolution
20th September 2013, 03:10 PM
Are there any updates on whether or not a new goggle set will be used for people with larger faces? I've had these goggles for sometime now and use them exclusively over other goggles because they are more comfortable/less fogging, the unfortunate trade off is that I still have the feeling of looking at the screen through a paper tube. I figured after some time, the goggles would compress down a bit but that has not happened. Great product, just not great for me. Looking forward to any info.

Thanks for the note. We've looked into another goggle which is a bit larger, however it has more foam padding, so there's a trade-off. We have found that cutting down the foam is the best way to "personalize" your goggle for your face. We might transfer over to this other goggle, but the price would have to increase as well, which I'm not excited about. We'll certainly keep you posted if we have another goggle available.

Clay

Blackdog
20th September 2013, 09:23 PM
I'm considering these for my FS Attitudes. I swear my eyeballs sweat!!!!. My goggles are constantly fogging, so much so that the guys I fly with are always busting my chops, "Hey guys guess what" "What?" " I'm fogging, what else is new"

As mentioned above in one of the previous post, these will hopefully help with breathability. Also the cool thing about dirtbike/ski goggles is that you can get a fan that inserts into the top of the foam and evacuates any moisture in the goggle.

Rich

Blackdog
26th September 2013, 12:28 PM
Well I got mine in. The installation went easy with my FS Attitudes. Unfortunately like some previously have mentioned they put the image further away from your eyes giving the appearance of looking through a tube. All corners of the image are rounded. I cut back some of the foam, but still could not get my eyes closer to the image to get rid of the "looking through a tube" affect.

Rich

gadget_addict
17th November 2013, 01:12 PM
I just received my goggles and I am so excited. I have Fat Shark Dominators and the trim piece went on well. However when putting it into the mask, I had a bit of trouble. They are put together now but has a bit of a gap in between the mask and goggles which is letting in some light.

Is there a possibility that I have not put it together correctly, a trick or technique, or expected behavior?

And before I forget, thank you for making something so awesome. Doesn't it seem funny that some of today's inventions are fairly simple, yet enable us to do or have exactly what we want?

Thanks in advanced,
Michael

gadget_addict
17th November 2013, 06:26 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. It is between the goggles and the mask, *the latter*
and I imagined I may have to find a way to seal it up. BTW, the little bit of light is by far acceptable in comparison to the goggles before this mask and the discomfort and the ring around the eyes.

SkyShot
13th February 2014, 09:27 PM
I ordered a pair, order still processing, is this normal?

FliteEvolution
13th February 2014, 10:38 PM
I ordered a pair, order still processing, is this normal?

Yes, as our system via the website doesn't update when orders are shipped. Check your paypal account and you should see the shipping and tracking info.

FE

SkyShot
13th February 2014, 10:49 PM
Yes, as our system via the website doesn't update when orders are shipped. Check your paypal account and you should see the shipping and tracking info.

FE

Excellent! Thanks for the update, cant wait to try them out!

99blackss
13th February 2014, 11:32 PM
So been reading through the posts and I get the feeling that the version that is sold currently doesn't allow you to wear regular corrective glasses. Is that correct?

FliteEvolution
17th February 2014, 04:11 PM
So been reading through the posts and I get the feeling that the version that is sold currently doesn't allow you to wear regular corrective glasses. Is that correct?

No, you can wear corrective glasses with these goggles. They need to fit inside the goggles so they should be on the small side of corrective frames.

FE

99blackss
17th February 2014, 04:15 PM
Great thanks. May order a set.

SkyShot
17th February 2014, 06:17 PM
Great thanks. May order a set.

Good solution for people who dont want to wear contacts, but its a tight fit with glasses.

99blackss
17th February 2014, 08:30 PM
Good solution for people who dont want to wear contacts, but its a tight fit with glasses.

Tight fit is better than squiting (due to astigmatism) and trying to use those freaking diopter inserts, then add the crappy fit of the stock eyecups :-)

Razors 33
3rd March 2014, 09:49 AM
Has anyone tried these with the Skyzones?

radicalron
13th March 2014, 12:18 PM
Hi FE, will these work with the Fatshark Base Goggles?

Hmerly
16th September 2014, 09:20 PM
Tried these with dom v2 yet?

Ahmed_A
29th September 2014, 11:36 PM
I tried them with the V2's. Unfortunately can't get a good fit. They were a perfect fit with the V1's but I'm having issues with the edges on the V2's not matter how I try to adjust them.

panzlflyer
30th September 2014, 02:30 PM
They dont work on the V2's as they cause edge focus issues due to the eyes being further away, I have a brand new set here if anyone want to make me an offer.

SilicaStorm
5th October 2014, 10:46 AM
Maybe FE will produce a set of goggles to fit the FS Dom V2.2 / HD ?

gabe
29th October 2014, 03:59 PM
Would be great!

theiceburg
30th October 2014, 10:56 AM
I ordered a pair not to long ago and was going to work on them this weekend. I didn't see any documentation in the box and was wondering if there were any instructions online?

I assume I will have to pop the clear lens out of the ski goggles and insert the blackened ones into the ski goggles? How do the Fatsharks attach to that?

Also, I see in this thread that there is a "hallway/back of theater" effect for some with the goggles. Is there a remedy to this? I wear prescription glasses so additional reading glasses wont work.

Thanks for your help

Cletus
28th November 2014, 07:54 AM
What's up with Flite Evolution? are they still in business? ....PayPal shows they got the money.
I ordered the ski-goggle mod for my Fat-Shark Dominator a week ago and their website just says Status "processing". An email to them got me no response. I would like to know when it's shipping? and what's the tracking number?

Mel_D
29th December 2014, 07:48 PM
flightevolution ?????????? Came upon your site while browsing for a better option to the fit I'm getting with stock fatsharks all i can say is WOW your toatal lack of respect for your customer base will be a big problem of your company having a loyal base of customers , REALLY you don't call them pushy or rude YOU my friend are rude and I will never do business with you our you company GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

only20gp
31st December 2014, 04:24 PM
What's up with Flite Evolution? are they still in business? ....PayPal shows they got the money.
I ordered the ski-goggle mod for my Fat-Shark Dominator a week ago and their website just says Status "processing". An email to them got me no response. I would like to know when it's shipping? and what's the tracking number?

did you get your order, I am still waiting for something i paid for back in September.

SecretSpy711
31st December 2014, 05:30 PM
I just emailed him and pointed him here. I've emailed him a couple of times in the past and received a reply so maybe it wont land in the junk box.

SecretSpy711
5th January 2015, 07:04 PM
I got a reply saying yes FE is still around, but in more of a limited capacity (not exactly sure what that is supposed to mean?) and they don't use the forums for customer communication.

Cletus
19th March 2015, 08:14 AM
...just received it and set it up with my Dominator V1.
It's AWESOME! very comfortable even with the removable custom dioptic lenses i made for it http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?9316-Custom-Diopter-Inserts-How-To
Finally I can use my Dominator Goggles

jam3s121
21st April 2015, 11:54 PM
I really want to buy this but does anyone know whats going on with the site.. are they defunct? Will I be waiting monthsf or the googles?

does anyone know how well they would fit with these eyeglasses? - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpUGHvn-m9AdDRqemcxdXVUWE0/view?usp=sharing

thanks.

spames
29th November 2015, 06:35 PM
I just got my goggle sky mask mod. I was not sure if they would fit the fat shark base goggles but they did....