PDA

View Full Version : Course lock? Anyone use it?

serpa4
23rd March 2013, 08:32 AM
I've read a lot in this forum, Atti, manual, etc. but never heard anyone mention Course Lock or Home Lock for the NAZA.
Anyone use this?
Seems it could be useful for someone who has never flow. Seems useless for and a disaster for FPV.

So, if my father wanted to test fly by LOS: set GPS mode and home lock, he might be able to hover about very close without crashing?

jotto
23rd March 2013, 09:37 AM
Home lock is useful if you fly fpv and loose track on where you are. Just enable home lock, pull elevator stick and see which direction it goes

Pozzix
23rd March 2013, 11:30 AM
Pay attention that home and course lock are enable after about 10mt. from she set home/hover point. So if you set gps mode and let naza set satellites correctly (only green led flash) she set her home. Now You may just hover and after 10mt in any horizontal direction respect her hom,e you may able to use these features (page 24 of naza manual ver2.4).

About your father test, these features are used only in case you loose ship orietation ( home lock). They doesn't matter about pilot ability to no crash tbs or naza ship.

Hope this help.

Max

sparkyincali
23rd March 2013, 12:43 PM
Home lock could be useful if you lose orientation while flying or maybe video while fpving and you dont want to use the failsae rth feature for any reason. The only use I personally have thought of for course lock is if you were videoing a car chase or similar from the moving vehicle. It would make it easier to worry about camera orientation than flying. I am sure there are other uses as well its just the only one i have considered using it for.

whiplashWho
24th March 2013, 11:19 AM
To me, home lock seems marketed towards people who haven't mastered their orientations in LOS flight.

benchmark
24th March 2013, 11:39 AM
Pay attention that home and course lock are enable after about 10mt.

No, thats only true for homelock! Course lock can be activated right from before you even take of and it will work until you switch it off. No 10 meter radius limits!

Course lock in Naza is equivalent to simple mode / carefree mode in other controllers.
Course lock allows you to fly the compass, not the craft . It take the stress of bothering what direction your craft is facing, north will always be north and south will be south exactly as when when you activated the function.

I fly course lock every time i am not FVPing mainly because I can not tell the orientation of my quad once it is 150 meters away form me and I do not have to worry about what direction it is facing .

Vintabilly_NS
30th March 2013, 04:46 PM
To me, home lock seems marketed towards people who haven't mastered their orientations in LOS flight.

Oi that's a misguided statement to make and it smells of inexperience. Not everybody flies on home turf and not everybody has time to learn a new landscape while getting a task done in a new spot.

whiplashWho
31st March 2013, 08:33 AM
Oi that's a misguided statement to make and it smells of inexperience. Not everybody flies on home turf and not everybody has time to learn a new landscape while getting a task done in a new spot.

I named a population to which that feature is marketed. It is no secret that DJI markets most of their features to the inexperienced; that's okay - they're filling a need. Now people finding other uses for home lock is another story. Their product becomes more versatile that way.

Jumping to the conclusion that I'm inexperienced is a bit premature though. In fact, after 90 days of Naza use I've left the platform because I wanted a board that allows me to fly my quad, not give it suggestions and push it around in the air.

Pozzix
31st March 2013, 09:04 AM
+1 here. I just to finished a Kk2 quad and I have a naza tbs also. Kk2 is how I know fly something. In fact flying naza before kk2 seems how drive a car with auto gears and manual. Naza is a game for kids, kk2 is how to fly a 550 cp heli.

Try it to believe

Max

lag1791
31st March 2013, 08:48 PM
I just got into RC and built a TBS discovery/Naza. I personally like course lock flying LOS. It help when the quad is far away son you don't have to worry about orientation.

I'm also building a F450 with KK2. Going to learn to fly FPV with Naza and see how I like the KK2