PDA

View Full Version : Need Dragon OSD + V2 help

OdinsEyeFPV
5th February 2013, 05:59 PM
I recently purchased a Dragonlink V2 and Dragon OSD + V2 for my FPV plane. I already have the Dragonlink V2 receiver in my plane and it is working perfectly. The DOSD + V2 came with a current sensor and a GPS antenna. I am going to install the DOSD this weekend. Does the DOSD have return to home capability, or do I need to buy other parts to make this work? Also, is there a way to get the plane to fly to waypoints autonomously, loiter, etc? If so, what equipment do you recommend? Thank you for your help.

LLD
5th February 2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211816

1400 pages of information and support.

DOSD is capable of both RTH and waypoint flying and no additional equipment is needed. The autopilot works well without any add-ons on a relative stable plane.

I am using two of them and one has a IMU for additional stabilization, but actually there was no need for it.

Mind you, the DOSD requires a bit more DIY than for instace Rangevideo OSD. It has a lot of features but it just need a bit more tweaking.

Annoying thing is that they announced an antenna tracker but that one seems not to be ready for a long time.

You will need to have a clean power supply for camera and VTX. The DOSD will not do that.

Hope that it helps

Ro

OdinsEyeFPV
6th February 2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info, looking forward to installing it and testing it out this weekend...