PDA

View Full Version : skylark tiny osd iii problem - no video

Assaf110
6th January 2013, 09:57 AM
Hi,
I have a tiny osd With ver 2.8 FW.
During. the first flight with the osd, the video dissappeared mid flight, I got a black screen with the osd flight data.
I landed safely with the help of Naza RTH.
I tried with other Cams, same results.. black screen with text overlay. The osd red led is on.
It's probably not a wiring issue since the video used to work.
The lens cap is off... ;-)
any ideas?

Assaf110
6th January 2013, 10:00 AM
I also made a new harness to eliminate a broken solder joint. Still no good.

Scotttu
6th January 2013, 10:15 AM
Maybe it is a wiring issue - where do you get the power for your cam from? - separate 12v (or 5v if it's a 5v cam?)???

Assaf110
6th January 2013, 10:17 AM
Separate 12v

Assaf110
9th January 2013, 05:01 PM
Problem solved, it wasn't the osd...

Scotttu
20th January 2013, 08:22 PM
What was it?

I am having this issue now, brand new Tiny, rewired all the way to the VTX and I have OSD but no video.

I have 12v at the cam and I have OSD so the Vtx is clearly working.

thanks,

Assaf110
2nd February 2013, 04:50 AM
the cam was problem. only issue i'm having, i got the osd calibrated, not the voltage shows 16V (its a 3s setup..).

Scotttu
2nd February 2013, 10:47 AM
Recalibrate that - I usually take defaults as they seem right on, you could re-flash it.

My cam issue was the plug being backwards - SecurityCamera2000 - seems the yellow wire goes to 12v and the red wire goes to signal...........

giovanni.cubano
10th March 2013, 02:22 AM
are any of you using the Skylark tiny OSD iii. I just backordered it on readymaderc.com. I just performed my first fpv flight 2 days ago and I can't wait to get an OSD worth with a return arrow. Thankfully I had a spotter and He helped me guide my plane back on course because I had no idea where the heck I was LOL. That's what I get for flying in unfamiliar areas I guess.