PDA

View Full Version : Fat Shark Spy Hawk Support Thread

FatShark
7th December 2012, 02:24 AM
This thread has been created for the customers of Fat Shark's FPV Spy Hawk bundle. Please post your technical questions here for help.

Juerwotow
17th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Hello!! Where can I buy ONLY the VTX put in the plane? I have got the plane and also the googles, but the first version doesn't work very well for me, but, if I change the VTX with the coverleaf I think it would be better, please tell me where can I buy this VTX, Thanks!!

FatShark
17th May 2013, 09:20 PM
You want to replace the VTX in the plane with an identical one? The TX on the plane is good for about 400m range only (CE certified 25mW output). Which is plenty since that's about the range of the controller as well.

Juerwotow
18th May 2013, 04:14 AM
Yes!! I want the one of the photo, I have got the H301F-16 from this:
http://www.hubsan.com/products/SPARE_PARTS/parts_1194_1.htm
It is the original and it doesn't work so well, then, I want the one of the first photo, the one which come with the coverleaf antenna.
Where can I buy the one of the photo? THANKS!!

FatShark
19th May 2013, 09:06 PM
Ok, I understand. You want to upgrade your existing Hubsan. Unfortunately I don't sell the transmitter. I only made enough for the limited number of planes that we bundled them with. You could contact www.electronicaRC.com for a good price on the modified airplane. They are being sold at a very discounted price.

Juerwotow
20th May 2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks!!

chris_buchtmann
20th May 2013, 08:33 PM
Where can I buy a Spy Hawk from?

FatShark
20th May 2013, 08:40 PM
New Generation Hobbies in Canada and ElectronicaRC in Spain. Those are the only 2 retailers selling them as I've made special arrangements to stock my supply there for special pricing.

chris_buchtmann
20th May 2013, 10:24 PM
The for the info, Chris

steelclawms
25th May 2013, 01:47 PM
Hey

I have bought the spy hawk rc plane but i want i upgrade it with some glasses. will it work with fat shark glasses or did it have some exstra special components in the bundle.

FatShark
25th May 2013, 11:56 PM
The bundle I made has its own specially designed TX to work with Fat Shark goggles.

Dranais
16th June 2013, 12:06 PM
Hello, I have a problem, so I've bought a Spyhawk with the Fat Shark bundle some days ago, builded it and tried a ground check and then I saw that the video worked fine but the receiver didn't, after about 10meters I couldn't control the plane anymore, first I thought that it was a problem with the receiver and now I've just seen that from all the picture of the Spy Hawk there is a white antenna on the bottom of the plane, I doesn't have this antenna. Is this normal ? Why can't I control it further than 10meters ?

Thank you

FatShark
16th June 2013, 10:02 PM
the antenna in the photo you are referring to is the standard 5G8 transmitter - your plane is equipped with the 5G8 transmitter mounted to the top of the plane. The 2G4 RC receiver is in the plane. Are you using fresh Alkaline batteries for the RC transmitter?

Dranais
17th June 2013, 12:48 AM
the antenna in the photo you are referring to is the standard 5G8 transmitter - your plane is equipped with the 5G8 transmitter mounted to the top of the plane. The 2G4 RC receiver is in the plane. Are you using fresh Alkaline batteries for the RC transmitter?

Is the 2G4 RC receiver the little (2/3 cm) black string in the front of the plane ?

I did bought some fresh batteries I also tried changing them with some other fresh batteries, nothing change. I can't control the plane over 10meters.. but the Fatshark goggles works fine.

FatShark
18th June 2013, 08:44 PM
The only thing I can think that would cause short range on the control is the receiver antenna connection. Does the antenna connection to the board look damaged or broken? Can you snap a photo?

Dranais
22nd June 2013, 02:06 PM
I have sended it back from where I bought it.. i'm waiting for them to tell me what's wrong.

Dranais
28th June 2013, 02:37 PM
Okay so they told me that the Spyhawk did have a range problem and they're going to send me a new one.

Have a wonderful day

wynand
29th August 2013, 03:25 PM
Hi,
I bought one of these and trying to read as much as I can on this setup. It seems there is not much info available yet. Just out of curiosity: How does this plane differ from the Hubsan plane except for the Vx Tx that you changed to better combine with the goggles(that suites me)? In the hubsan thread at rcgroups I see there are some people having range problems with their setups. looking at some picture it seems that Rx antenna is very close to a lot of wires and very close ot the Vx Tx as well. is there anything we can do to improve the range?
thanks
wynand

bradpaul
26th September 2013, 09:16 AM
have two redios a Hitec Aurora 9 (2.4G) and my old Futaba 8U (72 mhz). I have heard that the Aurora 9 cannot work for head tracking so I am considering using the Futaba 8U. The channels can be individually assigned to the trainer FUNC on a 8U.

Two questions:

1.) would you recommend staying on 72mhz or putting in a 2.4G module?
2.) is there a source for a data cable, the Futaba 8U has the old style round trainer port?

thanks,

Brad

hammerx1986
28th September 2013, 06:36 PM
Hello! So, i have found spyhawk airplane in woods and i whant to know if its posible, to buy only glases and controller?

FatShark
28th September 2013, 10:47 PM
Hello! So, i have found spyhawk airplane in woods and i whant to know if its posible, to buy only glases and controller?

The goggles will only work with the FatShark transmitter so unless you found a Fat Shark version (not likely) then it won't work together. That said, I can sell you a complete kit really cheap as I'm trying to get rid of my stock. www.fatshark.com/support if you're interested.

hammerx1986
30th September 2013, 02:45 AM
The goggles will only work with the FatShark transmitter so unless you found a Fat Shark version (not likely) then it won't work together. That said, I can sell you a complete kit really cheap as I'm trying to get rid of my stock. www.fatshark.com/support if you're interested.

i dont know about transmitter, but on plane is fatshark lables and on antena to. but what is the price?

DoubleO.Bro
2nd October 2013, 12:28 PM
Hi Greg.

I hope that all is well.
When you were in Montreal during the summer, I bought a SpyHawk from you, but you did not have any goggles. I would like to buy a set of Fat Shark goggles, but I would like to also be able to use it with other with other equipment. What model do you suggest? I would like to be able to use it on multi rotors as well as other planes.

Thanks,
Greg

FatShark
3rd October 2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Greg, I suggest you contact Zoltan at New Generation Hobbies. I normally suggest the Attitude as it has the largest screen and best colors. Predator does fine as well and if you don't need the head tracking its a better price. Both models have the built in 5G8 receiver.

DoubleO.Bro
4th October 2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Greg. Have you released the Attitude HD yet and if not, do you have a time frame?

Thanks,
Greg

hpcoolahan
4th October 2013, 07:45 AM
Please look at the new products for 2013 , the first page for these answers...........they get asked daily ...........

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?10710-New-Fat-Shark-products-for-2013

DoubleO.Bro
4th October 2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks hpcoolahan.

hammerx1986
18th October 2013, 07:14 PM
i finally get my plane, transmitter is this one http://immersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=13&fpv_product_name=5.8GHz%20600mW%20Tx
so i need googles and some controller for plane, can u help me?

FatShark
19th October 2013, 03:54 AM
Any Fat Shark goggle will be compatible with the 600mW IRC transmitter. You need a controller to go with a SpyHawk plane?

callidus
7th November 2013, 01:13 PM
Hi, where can I buy the Spyhawk bundle in Europe (preferably Switzerland) - I see you mentioned an online partner in Spain? is that the only option?

FatShark
7th November 2013, 08:52 PM
ElectronicaRC in Spain is still your best option, I worked out a deal with him to carry my stock and sell at cost to move them. You won't get a better deal than what he's selling for. No matter where you buy, you'll still have Fat Shark support.

planesaver
23rd January 2014, 10:22 AM
ElectronicaRC is selling the package with Attitude goggles for 475 EUR, which is $647 dollars. Is this correct? Have you got a new seller, maybe with a better price? Thanks.

FatShark
23rd January 2014, 10:36 PM
You can also try New Generation Hobbies. They have stock ready to move. If you don't like the price, email him and see what he can do for you.

outdoorsfellar
3rd March 2014, 01:41 PM
Hello, I'm very new to this forum as this is my first post. I bought the Spyhawk / Fat Shark Predator combo with the Spironet antenna. I was thinking that there would be OSD with these goggles, but that is not the case. I obviously jumped in with both feet not knowing anything, just assuming. So, with that being said, what do I need & where do I go to aquire the equipment needed. My main concern is knowing what the battery level will be while flying, but the other info such as direction, height & such would be nice too. I just don't want to spend out the wazoo since this is my first plane. Also, with this type of controller .....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/thumb-IMG_20611.jpg

How do I get it in mode 1 ? It's always in mode 2 & I want to reverse the elevator control on the joystick so pushing up would actually make the plane go up . I haven't flown it yet & I'm wanting to make this adjustment before I end up constantly crashing. The instructions say how to do it, but only in mode 1.

FatShark
7th March 2014, 09:49 PM
an OSD is not very suitable for the Spyhawk. The connections aren't standard and the plane can't handle any extra weight. Also, you really don't need to know how far you are or concern about battery life when the effective range of the system is only 300m. I.e. you can run your battery dry and still glide back to your starting point.
The controllers are factory set in mode 2. The pots don't have external springs that can be moved from left to right.

FatShark
7th March 2014, 09:51 PM
Technically there is an OSD. Its a timer on the camera. You can use the timer to gauge how much battery life you have left (do a flight, time it to dead battery then on subsequent flights you can determine how much flight time you have left).

respublica
4th July 2014, 12:38 AM
Hi, I don't have a timer on my camera!? I have the Fatshark combo with the attitude v2...

FatShark
4th July 2014, 01:06 AM
Timer is only on the PilotHD camera (which shows the time length of the recorded onboard HD file). The ATTV2 comes with an analog CMOS camera only.

respublica
4th July 2014, 04:32 AM
The spyhawk have a Timer too. It only appears when the system is recording. Nice feature!

respublica
5th July 2014, 10:25 AM
In the manual (chapter 2.3) is shown that I can adjust the sensitivity of the rudder, elevator and aileron for the expert mode and the normal mode. But how can I change from expert to normal? I can only switch the autopilot, but my TX always shows "expert" on the screen?

respublica
7th July 2014, 01:52 PM
an OSD is not very suitable for the Spyhawk. The connections aren't standard and the plane can't handle any extra weight. Also, you really don't need to know how far you are or concern about battery life when the effective range of the system is only 300m. I.e. you can run your battery dry and still glide back to your starting point.
The controllers are factory set in mode 2. The pots don't have external springs that can be moved from left to right.

After I recognized that my Controller only has a range of 100m I called eletronicarc in Spain and they told me that the range is only about 150m! This is a little bit short for flying FPV...

respublica
9th July 2014, 04:52 AM
No support any more?

hpcoolahan
10th July 2014, 10:10 PM
These where only ever meant for in close fpv for beginners as a park flyer.

respublica
10th July 2014, 11:42 PM
I know that I can't go miles with it, but you mentioned in Post #35 that the range of the system is 300m...

100m is nothing, the signal vom the Tx is blocked from the body after 50m, it is not possible to use this for FPV: it's stressing and I can only fly narrow circles in front of me! I own some ultra micros from prakzone and they have a range of 300m and this would be OK! The Problem is, that I don't get any refund, because I've used the plane

hpcoolahan
10th July 2014, 11:55 PM
I didn't mention anything in post #35 , that was Greg , not me.
And yes you should be able to get around 300m control range as Greg said in that post.

respublica
10th July 2014, 11:59 PM
OK, but the seller electronicarc in Spain said that the plane is fine and it have only 150m Range. So he don't repair or change the plane. What can I do?

hpcoolahan
11th July 2014, 12:03 AM
Can you ask the retailer to swap the controller to see if its the controller that's the issue ?
(That came from Greg by the way ) :)

respublica
11th July 2014, 12:06 AM
The reseller answered me that my set is OK and has no fault. So he won't swap anything, because he said the maximum range is 150m! I think it would help if you, as the manufacturer, send him a message...

hpcoolahan
11th July 2014, 12:19 AM
ok , start up a ticket support@fatshark.com and include you purchase info and a link to your posts here .
Name and address too please.
Then we have something to forward to ElectronicaRc from us to get things rolling .

respublica
11th July 2014, 03:55 AM
Thank you for your help, I've showed this thread to electronicarc and they will send me a new transmitter.

hpcoolahan
11th July 2014, 04:53 AM
wohooo ;)

byzoeu
16th March 2019, 09:30 AM
Cześć. Mam gogle konkretnie te,https://www.rcmodelscout.com/FPV/Fat-Shark-QVGA-Spyhawk-Goggles/483454# i chcę je połączyć z tym https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-products/5-8ghz-600mw-av-tx/. Nie wiem dlaczego nie mogę uzyskać obrazu. Może ktoś ma jakiś pomysł?

SENTRY
16th March 2019, 01:33 PM
^ Might I suggest translating to English before you post??

byzoeu
16th March 2019, 03:26 PM
Of course. I am sorry but because of the fact that in my web browser everything just explains itself. Unfortunately, I forgot that it works from the machine only one way.