+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I turned to the dark side… Spidex quadcopter

I turned to the dark side… Spidex quadcopter

I have been watching so many videos lastly about multicopters, that I decide it was now or never…

Si, as I am lucky enough to share city (Valencia, Spain) with one of the best multicopters designers in the world (jlcortex @aeromodelismovirtual.com) www.quaternium.es:

and one of the best multicopters pilots in the world (moriwaky @aeromodelismovirtual.com)…

View this video on Vimeo

View this video on Vimeo

(Yes, I am playing a bit local )… I decided to give a try to the Spidex:

Here I am, enjoying the first flight with these two amazing guys:

I must say it flights so smooth that I have promised my 9 years old daughter to fly it this weekend. It’s soooo easy…

I feel I am going to enjoy it a lot.

Payload?

Can it carry a gimbal / DSLR??

Does it have cam mount designed for GoPro (or any popular HD cams)?
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

I have the spidex quad still need to do tuning as I got the wobbles. No jello at all, even when I try it on 1080p.

View this video on YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3122.jpg‎
Views:	430
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	15864  
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    Payload?
    No idea...

Can it carry a gimbal / DSLR??
    It's integrated for a Gopro, but only tilt. I control it manually, not through the Naza. The brilliant concept from Quaternium (jlcortex) is the structure holding the battery and the Gopro: the battery counterweights the camera, and the battery-camera assembly is hold by elastic rings to the main structure, I hope you can understand it from the photo...). Image quality is stunning for his size.

Does it have cam mount designed for GoPro (or any popular HD cams)?
    See above. It's for fun, not for professional AP, but it's amazingly fun to flight, and surprisingly stable considering its size. (I must said it has been specially tuned by moriwaky for me, and this guy KNOWS his job...).

I may look into this one - I don't always need my hex. My current "bash" quad is the Quadrixette 40 - and waiting for the Quadrixette Goliath. This one is attractiove bc of the portability and I've spent the last year taking my freakshow on the road... and it's only going to be worse next year. So with that in mind, portability is only second to capability as far as my needs go.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    I have the spidex quad still need to do tuning as I got the wobbles. No jello at all, even when I try it on 1080p.
    Wow!!! That branch was really close...

Not an expert at all, as mine was kindly delivered RTF (including flight lessons...), but I would say you need to play a little bit with Naza gains and motor-prop balancing (I asume your ESCs are flashed).

I may look into this one - I don't always need my hex. My current "bash" quad is the Quadrixette 40 - and waiting for the Quadrixette Goliath. This one is attractiove bc of the portability and I've spent the last year taking my freakshow on the road... and it's only going to be worse next year. So with that in mind, portability is only second to capability as far as my needs go.
    I believe you misunderstood me... The drawings about the foldable hex were just to demonstrate quaternium habilities. The Spidex is not foldable by design (but I know some users who moded it to make it foldable).

Anyway, some weeks ago we had really bad weather around here, and because of this two boats went on the coast. Fragments from the below video (from a Spidex) were played in local TV news, so not a bad platform for professional use:

View this video on Vimeo

I'd have landed on that boat, just because I can
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

it is a multi wii board and I had the P far too high. Of course my esc are flashed. The props and motors are balanced ... that was just too much gain I think. I am getting the feeling there might be too much play as well because it does get the light shakes. I need to look into that when I fix one of the wooden arms I put on it. I was trying to go through the smaller gaps at speed between the trees ..... and failed ... no surprise if you have seen how I fly. I really am starting to think I should just put the alu arms back on as I fly far too rough for wood.
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

P.s. the topic title should be: 'I lawndarted my other plane, so now I got to learn to fly this'
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

+ Reply to Thread