+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DJI Naza M - one out of 3 motors does not arm but spins around 40% throttle

DJI Naza M - one out of 3 motors does not arm but spins around 40% throttle

I'm a little stumped, I have a few more things to try but I figured I'd ask in the meantime.

QAV500, turnigy plush 30Amp, t-motor 4006, NAZA, spektrum dx8/AR7000 rx, all new (within 15 days). speed controllers not flashed, programmed default except high timing (per getFPV recommendations for that motor).

so, I do a CSC and motors 1,3,4 start spinning, 2 is stopped. throttle up to 40% or so and 2 will start spinning. If I hold the QAV off the table, some motors speed up, slow down, and sometimes even stop as if it correcting, but I am just not comfortable with why motor 2 acts differently than the others.

I've seen a post on setting dual rates to 105% - that didn't help. Another about reversing a channel (elevator I think) - that didn't help. And even a post that suggested 150% throw (I haven't tried that yet).

So anyhow, it seems a few have experienced this same thing, all with different solutions. I'm getting ready to put $2,000 up in the air and would really prefer to be a bit more confident. Anyone with specific experience?

Im lost
    have you tried calibrating the ESC endpoints?
    seeing the world through a security camera

Well actually the esc endpoint calibration is high throttle at power up, as that is the only way to program them, so yes, when I set timing, they all had to have full throttle (as I did each one). But that in no way reflects what the NAZA is sending. As far as I know there is no way to make the NAZA send a high throttle at powerup, is there? Since all 4 were done identically, it also doesn't explain why only one motor would be different. Maybe there is something I missed to accomplish this better?

Im lost
    enpoint calibration would have to be done directly from the receiver or a servo tester. I think its full thr at powerup then back to zero throttle. but could be other things.

you are not alone in there: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....a-SimonK-F30-s

Thanks - looks like 'just ignore it' is valid. I meant to say I did use a direct receiver connection when I programmed the ESCs. I will try just full throttle/zero only (no programming) one time to see, but since so many say it flies fine with a motor or two not arming, I guess I will risk a crash to find out.

Im lost
    good luck there. I purchased the Naza recently and it is an amazing controller.

My Naza does the same thing, intermittently. I have always ignored it. Once the motors load up everything evens out. Typically if you land the craft after the initial liftoff the motors will all start at the same throttle setting.

I think this may have something to do with initial axis position calibration. Also if the quad is a little squirrelly after take off I run through full tilt maneuvers in each direction then everything mellows out.

Hey Backlash, I thought about PMing you directly, but figured I might well ask for anyone else searching. roberto was right, the programming throttle up must not have set the endpoints, a separate endpoint set directly with a receiver, and it got better. It still does it occasionally, but sometimes with a different motor, but it also spins them all about half the time now. I guess its ready for a try. first quad, first flight, I think my nerves are shot.

No FPV on it yet, still working out the crazy wiring - beyond my soldering abilities (which aren't that bad really) so I ordered a bunch of pre-made cables and hope. I did find a bad cable that stopped my receiver from working at the shelton event, so hopefully the base is good to go now.

Thanks roberto - good call.

Ahh, glad you got it squared away. Let us know how the first flight goes!

Im lost
    glad it helped. let us know how it went.

+ Reply to Thread