Page 384 of 385 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385 LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3848

Thread: Checkin From Houston, Tx

Navigator
    Quick share of me taking my spare-parts QX95 on two short trips out of Houston. I broke my front left arm on the first trip and after swapping out for a spare frame I reversed the motors and electronics to match my Tweaker configuration and added prop guards

Quote Originally Posted by Multipass View Post
    Ha nice first flights! JBZ be all like:

1) Waits weeks and weeks for QX95
    2) Gets it, has tech issues, fixes it.
    3) Flies around pool

Last/this week has been a little crazy even with an intermittent work schedule. We should fly someplace indoor/outdoor with lots of stuff regular 210-250 size quads have problems flying around in.
    LOL, totally agree. Nice flying JBZ and yeah MultiPass, we need to get together to do some flying!

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    LOL everyone says that...I wasn't that close to the pool.

EDIT: figured I would add a little flight footage from yesterday...NOT near water LOL. a little front yard flying.

glad that you guys on here are more or less sponsoring the QX this little thing is pretty bad ass. obviously it doesn't have enough power to overcome a heavy fall and I get that occasional spin out issue but having a hell of time flying it and LOVE that I can just go out in the front/back yard and don't have to pack all my shit and go down to the park.
    With the QX95 I have to get on the throttle early for pulling out of fast dives. The fly almost anywhere aspect of it is one of the best parts.
    Last edited by foxfour2; 7th January 2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: updated video

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfour2 View Post
    With the QX95 I have to get on the throttle early for pulling out of fast dives. The fly almost anywhere aspect of it is one of the best parts.
    Absolutely...ive found that out the hard way. Ive had a time or two as well when i forward/backwards flip and it goes outa control and crashes. I actually busted the frame already and have a new one on the way. So far ive busted the frame, a motor, that motor lead (before ever even flying) and broke off the solder on the ground wire to the camera. This little guy is teaching me how to actually fly a multirotor and luckly the parts are cheap cause im beating the snot out of it, i need to make a crash reel edit video lol.

Navigator
    A crash reel is always fun to watch. I've got one that I need to put together too

After adding a prop guard to my qx95 I've found it to be alot more resilient in indoor/outdoor crashes. Fortunately they're pretty cheap but you do have to bend the plastic in middle sections to make sure the guards' mounting points are far enough apart for the motors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QX95B-V2.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	75623

I've hit walls and wood furniture and trees with it and so far only 2 chipped front props. Haven't tried crashing from height yet but I'd imagine if it hit the arms first (instead of the guards) they would break.

On a different note, I got a couple of chances to fly my Tweaker around and found that I missed flying her. Must figure out a better way of sharing time between the QX95 and Tweaker

Absolutely...ive found that out the hard way. Ive had a time or two as well when i forward/backwards flip and it goes outa control and crashes. I actually busted the frame already and have a new one on the way. So far ive busted the frame, a motor, that motor lead (before ever even flying) and broke off the solder on the ground wire to the camera. This little guy is teaching me how to actually fly a multirotor and luckly the parts are cheap cause im beating the snot out of it, i need to make a crash reel edit video lol.

Navigator
    A crash reel is always fun to watch. I've got one that I need to put together too

After adding a prop guard to my qx95 I've found it to be alot more resilient in indoor/outdoor crashes. Fortunately they're pretty cheap but you do have to bend the plastic in middle sections to make sure the guards' mounting points are far enough apart for the motors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QX95B-V2.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	75623

I've hit walls and wood furniture and trees with it and so far only 2 chipped front props. Haven't tried crashing from height yet but I'd imagine if it hit the arms first (instead of the guards) they would break.

On a different note, I got a couple of chances to fly my Tweaker around and found that I missed flying her. Must figure out a better way of sharing time between the QX95 and Tweaker

cool video...ive been leaning towards a tweaker 5" for my first build, that or a shriker 130. Those prop guards for a qx90? Thats a good idea. So far your advise has been spot on with the props and all.

Navigator
    cool video...ive been leaning towards a tweaker 5" for my first build, that or a shriker 130. Those prop guards for a qx90? Thats a good idea. So far your advise has been spot on with the props and all.
    Thanks JBZ

I ordered these prop guards from bg http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Tiny...p-1081032.html
    which are identical to the Hubsan H107C prop guards that you can buy locally at microcenter for I think $8. Just cut a section off to not obstruct the camera and adjust the inside bends to make it a little larger to fit the qx95.

As to the Tweaker 5" or the Shrieker 130. What would you like your 2nd quad to be? Do you want it as a back up quad? If so, another 5" like the Tweaker would fit the bill (common props, receiver, batteries to your Vortex). A different experience? The 130 could as an in-between of the QX95 and Vortex. It would also depend on your budget as well.

Navigator
    Thanks JBZ

I ordered these prop guards from bg http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Tiny...p-1081032.html
    which are identical to the Hubsan H107C prop guards that you can buy locally at microcenter for I think $8. Just cut a section off to not obstruct the camera and adjust the inside bends to make it a little larger to fit the qx95.

As to the Tweaker 5" or the Shrieker 130. What would you like your 2nd quad to be? Do you want it as a back up quad? If so, another 5" like the Tweaker would fit the bill (common props, receiver, batteries to your Vortex). A different experience? The 130 could as an in-between of the QX95 and Vortex. It would also depend on your budget as well.
    Cool thats awesome and thanks for the link and maybe...hopefully it will save a frame next time . My qx has been down for a little over a week now, lol ive owned it for like 2 1/2 weeks or so. I have been pretty hard on that little thing.

of course my primary multirotor is the vortex, but i flew my brothers qav-r and it flew so much better than the vortex that i fell in love with it. I really want to make the tweaker (or some varient of 5") my primary and the vortex my back up. I like the qav-r frame but like that the tweaker has a solid frame rather then the removable arms (the price tag too) and i think that too many moving parts are my biggest complaint with the vortex. The vortex seems to be kind of fragile...but then again its probably more like im hard on it.

I will probably build a 3" as well for a front yard flier and like the idea that its so small but yet can still run on 4s and make a ton of power but be able to fit in almost as many tight places as the qx.

Navigator
    hey guys I put together a little edit of some more front yard QXing and having fun both day and night and thought I would share it with you guys. my replacement frame should get in today and hope I will have it back airborne by tomorrow...wish me luck!

I donno your taste in music guys so if you dislike rap turn the volume down...hahaha

ohh yeah I forgot to add...don't make fun of me looking like stevie wonder staring up at the sky. I find I always look up and sway a lot. I guess its a noob thing

Last edited by JBZ; 11th January 2017 at 02:17 PM.

Navigator
    hey guys I put together a little edit of some more front yard QXing and having fun both day and night and thought I would share it with you guys. my replacement frame should get in today and hope I will have it back airborne by tomorrow...wish me luck!

I donno your taste in music guys so if you dislike rap turn the volume down...hahaha

ohh yeah I forgot to add...don't make fun of me looking like stevie wonder staring up at the sky. I find I always look up and sway a lot. I guess its a noob thing

Nice flying JBZ. Don't worry about your FPV pose. We all look a little silly while flying but that's part of the fun

Can you silicone silicone back together find out next time =}

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    CFP

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrian869 View Post

Can you silicone silicone back together find out next time =}

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Ouch. What happened there?

Page 384 of 385 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385 LastLast