Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391
Results 3,901 to 3,902 of 3902

Thread: Checkin From Houston, Tx

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    lol...yeah ive broken alot so far. Im not a very good pilot so ive done damage on both my 5" quads and the vortex has been beaten to hell and back. The qx was just bad luck for me though...it still flies but im scared to fly it cause most often it ends in a crash and somehow finds concrete rather then grass.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Good pilots wreck and lose their quads too. The QX95 just unfortunately isn't durable enough for aggressive flying. Some folks on rcgroups have transferred the guts onto a spider frame but that requires a bit of motor wire lengthening. I figure once my last set of motors wear out on it I'll move on to a micro brushless.

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    i wish i could but im just not good enough D: learning is not only learning to pilot but learning how to troubleshoot and repair. I lve been bad enough on my equipment so far as to break 4mm arms on 5" frames and freeze the bell of the motor up. But hey thats all part of it. As i get better i crash less while being able to push the envelope farther and farther. There is a guy (might be one of you guys) here in houston who has a video about "dont fall in love with your quad" gosh is that so the truth.
    LOL @Multipass. Crashing is part of learning! @JBZ, Whoever said that is right- don't fall in love with your quad.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    I broke down and got a Karma system. It fit with all my GoPros, added a hand held stabilizer and small package for travel. The video is extremely stable and I am good with system. I know some others may be better but this fit me and cost a lot less as I had GoPro 5. I still have my QAV540G and continue to play with it. I can now get 20 min flights and reach out to over 1 mile easily with the 540. I still have Vortex 285, my little inverted 250 and my FPV capable Trex-550 heli. Oh, almost forgot the little Inductrix I bash around the house and entertain my grand child with. It is his when he wants it!!!
    That's pretty sweet JCLs. Something for almost every flying and hand-held situation

Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391