Page 393 of 393 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 3930

Thread: Checkin From Houston, Tx

Very good!! I know how very happy I was when when I got my 540G back because somebody backtracked the video in my GoPro. A little needed good news right now.

Navigator
    Yeah i agree thats awesome. im sure that made the owners day. I know that if i have sentimental videos or pictures on the memory card that would be worth more to me than the Phantom itself.

Navigator
    Anyone flying around the Humble Kingwood area?

Catching up here.

Wow, that's awesome foxfour!! Awesome story right there!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfour2 View Post
    I thought I'd share a story of a lost Phantom. On August 29, my family and I evacuated our home as the dam water being released into the bayou backfilled onto my street (and what was left of the already flooded neighborhood.) We were fortunate that the water only reached up to about 1/3-1/2 our lawns but didn't enter the house. Had the release rate from the dams increased, it probably would have been a different story. Even though the streets were still flooded with water, I and neighbors would return throughout the week to check on our homes. On Saturday, my neighbor with a two story house mentioned that his son spotted a drone stuck on their roof.

I didn't like the idea of a LiPo sitting on top of my neighbor's roof exposed to the elements so I attempted to get it down by tying a kite string to my Tweaker and flying it up to the roof to try and loop the string onto the Phantom. Wouldn't you know it, the string caught on part of his roof and I ended up landing next to the downed Phantom. We got a long ladder and I climbed up to the roof and retrieved both our quads.

Unfortunately, the Phantom had no contact information on it or on the memory card. The memory card did have a ton of family pics which I later learned he had not backed up and were precious to him. The video of the final flight before his forced landing on my neighbor's roof didn't show his launch point. I did get lucky and found that the owner did do a test flight from his house where he took off, got altitude and did a 180 which allowed me to identify some landmarks near him. With that, I was able to use Google satellite imagery to find his house and with the address I was able to get in contact with him.

So today his Phantom (and memory card) got to go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue02TJ View Post
    Anyone flying around the Humble Kingwood area?
    Welcome Blue02TJ! I'm not sure if there are many of us, in this thread anyway, that live that far north. I use to live out that way, though that was 18 years ago.

Do you have many RC buddies up that way? Would be nice to expand our group a little, since us old-timers have stopped flying as much.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMuL View Post
    Welcome Blue02TJ! I'm not sure if there are many of us, in this thread anyway, that live that far north. I use to live out that way, though that was 18 years ago.

Do you have many RC buddies up that way? Would be nice to expand our group a little, since us old-timers have stopped flying as much.
    I know a lot of guys that fly LOS in my area but none that fly FPV. Their is a group that flies quads out of a park towards Conroe off loop 336 but I havenít made it out their yet. I think their face book group is lonestar mulitrotars.

Ah, yea, I've seen that group on FB. If we end up planning something, anywhere in town, we'll post here. It has been a LONG time since we've all flown together (like 2016 sometime) but it's nigh time (for me anyway) to get back into it.

I still be around. I just got radios and antennas to go 1.28 GHz on my QAV540 to start at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.multigp.com/races/view/?...Meet-and-Greet

Ya'll need to come out to our event at our home field!
    CFP

Sounds good. Will be driving through Beaumont on the 9th and late the 17th. Have to make emergency trip to NC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 393 of 393 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393